Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3

The Curator

Just now, WindDemon21 said:

That's fine, cause it's not doing much out of los as it is with those stats anyway. Also not like it's hard to cast it as you're jumping behind the corner.

it does the same damage as most nukes, with the advantage of no LoS, can be used for mob positioning, and the sets mechanic means it will recharge in less time than most similar nukes. I think you’re looking at one statistic, recharge, in isolation, and missing the overall picture.

12 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

it does the same damage as most nukes, with the advantage of no LoS, can be used for mob positioning, and the sets mechanic means it will recharge in less time than most similar nukes. I think you’re looking at one statistic, recharge, in isolation, and missing the overall picture.

Not when you factor the long  time it takes to hit the target. In which case, at the very least the guassian proc will expire before the damage actually hits. So other nukes basically at least have that going for them. Blizzard has much other bonuses to not count there. Blizzard ALSO has the most damage, knockdown, high acc, and insane -to hit...

Meteor, has HORRIBLE knockback.

• City Council
1 minute ago, WindDemon21 said:

Not when you factor the long  time it takes to hit the target. In which case, at the very least the guassian proc will expire before the damage actually hits. So other nukes basically at least have that going for them. Blizzard has much other bonuses to not count there. Blizzard ALSO has the most damage, knockdown, high acc, and insane -to hit...

Meteor, has HORRIBLE knockback.

Have you tested that with Gaussian proc? I bet if you test it you'll see the damage buff is carried from start of cast until impact. Monitor your combat log and see what your damage is with build up (or aim) when gaussian doesn't proc, then compare the damage when it does proc. Test against the same target (rikti pylon is a good one for this).

Since Meteor is target location AoE, you can position it to your advantage. If you want a mob knocked towards you, place it behind them. Knocked to the side, place it on the opposite. You want them scattered, place it right in the middle.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Don’t get rid of the Confuse. That power can have some absolutely hilarious outcomes for the unwary.😂

I have been trying to kill teammates on BAF’s forever but it just never lasts long enough 😔 but still quite satisfying when you manage to take a chunk out of them and you think you see them swivel their character ever so slightly towards you 🙂

Edited by arcane
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Booper said:

Have you tested that with Gaussian proc? I bet if you test it you'll see the damage buff is carried from start of cast until impact. Monitor your combat log and see what your damage is with build up (or aim) when gaussian doesn't proc, then compare the damage when it does proc. Test against the same target (rikti pylon is a good one for this).

Since Meteor is target location AoE, you can position it to your advantage. If you want a mob knocked towards you, place it behind them. Knocked to the side, place it on the opposite. You want them scattered, place it right in the middle.

Which only works if the mob is close together, and doesn't move at all. Also, gaussian proc, if you're only starting with it, which means yo ucan't get your other aoes off first for more damage in the gaussian time period, and finishing with the nuke. Yes, i'm well aware. Meteor sucks.

I'm not saying it's not a cool power, just that it has the worst stats/overall nuke in the game. Making it target based would solve most of the issues. Besides, as mentioned what would be cooler than from afar doing upthrust first, and meteor, and having them both connect from the ground and sky at the same time. But can't do that without losing the gaussian buff on the nuke unless it's target based.

• Thumbs Down 1

• City Council

Yes this is how any location power works.

18 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

In which case, at the very least the guassian proc will expire before the damage actually hits

These are conflicting statements, then.

The damage strength at the moment you cast Meteor is a snapshot. The moment you cast the power, that damage strength is applied all the way through. So concerns of gaussian proc wearing off prior to the damage hit doesn't apply. As long as you cast Meteor prior to it wearing off, it will be applied at impact. 

• Like 1

Just now, Booper said:

These are conflicting statements, then.

The damage strength at the moment you cast Meteor is a snapshot. The moment you cast the power, that damage strength is applied all the way through. So concerns of gaussian proc wearing off prior to the damage hit doesn't apply. As long as you cast Meteor prior to it wearing off, it will be applied at impact. 

Was there a change to how location powers work that i missed then? Because before this patch, if a buff on you wore off, like aim or build up, it would wear off on the location power. IE like using build up before blizzard, you can see the numbers decrease when aim/bu wear off at the end of the blizzard.

Was there a change to how location powers work that i missed then? Because before this patch, if a buff on you wore off, like aim or build up, it would wear off on the location power. IE like using build up before blizzard, you can see the numbers decrease when aim/bu wear off at the end of the blizzard.

blizzard makes hundreds of separate hit checks. Meteor makes one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

blizzard makes hundreds of separate hit checks. Meteor makes one.

If that makes a factor that would be the issue right there then. I hadn't noticed anything spectacular on it in test if thats making the issue too. That helps it for sure if true then, but still not a fan of the longer rech and terrible awkwardly placed KB.

• City Council

Also worth noting Meteor has the largest radius of any nuke, 30 feet (44% more area than a 25' nuke). That will give the player more room to strategically place the nuke for knock direction control and to hit more enemies if they're spread out.

• Like 2

Just now, Booper said:

Also worth noting Meteor has the largest radius of any nuke, 30 feet (44% more area than a 25' nuke). That will give the player more room to strategically place the nuke for knock direction control and to hit more enemies if they're spread out.

Which, if doing that, means that  you're only using at best, from the central vector, half of the radius. Meaning it's significantly LESS than other nuke areas. Make it knockUP at least?

• City Council
4 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Which, if doing that, means that  you're only using at best, from the central vector, half of the radius. Meaning it's significantly LESS than other nuke areas. Make it knockUP at least?

It does knock up too.

You misinterpreted my previous comment as one benefit. They are two benefits that gives you options for how you want to use it. Place it further away and still hit a wide area and control the knock. Or you can place it in the middle of a spread mob and hit everyone. Or place it between 2 mobs and have it hit both. The options are there for you to choose how to use it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Booper said:

It does knock up too.

You misinterpreted my previous comment as one benefit. They are two benefits that gives you options for how you want to use it. Place it further away and still hit a wide area and control the knock. Or you can place it in the middle of a spread mob and hit everyone. Or place it between 2 mobs amd have it hit both. The options are there for you to choose how to use it. 

Ultimately, the devs have the final say. I'm simply stating the issues with the power for you to weight in on changes and why I find it to be terrible overall with it's current stats/implementation.

29 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I'm not saying it's not a cool power, just that it has the worst stats/overall nuke in the game. Making it target based would solve most of the issues. Besides, as mentioned what would be cooler than from afar doing upthrust first, and meteor, and having them both connect from the ground and sky at the same time. But can't do that without losing the gaussian buff on the nuke unless it's target based.

The lengthy time it takes to fall from the sky is going to yield a lot of corpse blasting, yeah, probably yielding subpar performance. But I’m too preoccupied with how cool it is still; those poor inner tubers in ouro are gonna get meteored over and over for weeks until the novelty wears off.

• Haha 1

You know Meteor having that lag time makes it stack up alongside Upthrust and Rock Shards nicely.  If you cast BU/Aim->Meteor->Upthrust->Rock Shards rapidly after one another then all the attacks will land at the same time for a single burst of damage more then virtually anyone else can achieve.

Meteor has a long lagtime on dropping in and Upthrust has travel time so they both land about the same time if stacked one after the other at just the right distance.

• Like 2

Just now, ABlueThingy said:

You know Meteor having that lag time makes it stack up alongside Upthrust and Rock Shards nicely.  If you cast BU/Aim->Meteor->Upthrust->Rock Shards rapidly after one another then all the attacks will land at the same time for a single burst of damage more then virtually anyone else can achieve.

Meteor has a long lagtime on dropping in and Upthrust has travel time so they both land about the same time if stacked one after the other at just the right distance.

IE on teams at least, mobs dead before either hit lol. original issue thoguh was if the one to hit check only affords it the bufs which I didn't specifcally notice anything spectacular on test if it was still gaining it from aim/build up. But there's that at least if it does lol.

3 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

IE on teams at least, mobs dead before either hit lol. original issue thoguh was if the one to hit check only affords it the bufs which I didn't specifcally notice anything spectacular on test if it was still gaining it from aim/build up. But there's that at least if it does lol.

if you’re fighting easy mobs, sure. Not in challenging content.

• City Council
Just now, WindDemon21 said:

Ultimately, the devs have the final say. I'm simply stating the issues with the power for you to weight in on changes and why I find it to be terrible overall with it's current stats/implementation.

The feedback is noted. Since this is no longer on Beta, I recommend making a suggestion post in the Suggestion and Feedback forum. My intent was to correct some of the claims you made about the power, so hopefully folks know

• It does not do the least amount of damage amongst nukes. It actually does the standard 4.0 scale damage most nukes have.
  • Its 170s cooldown is normal for a ranged nuke (Blizzard and Thunderous Blast also have this) but also its cooldown will be lowered by the mechanics of the set.
  • The delayed hit will not result in less damage then what your damage strength was at cast time (when you select the location of the meteor).
  • It does not have the worst nuke stats, as Meteor has the largest radius (30', typically nukes have 25') and is tied with Rain of Arrows for the longest range (90', for reference Blizzard and Thunderous Blast have 60' range).

I hope that information is helpful to you and others. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• City Council
8 minutes ago, arcane said:

The lengthy time it takes to fall from the sky is going to yield a lot of corpse blasting, yeah, probably yielding subpar performance. But I’m too preoccupied with how cool it is still; those poor inner tubers in ouro are gonna get meteored over and over for weeks until the novelty wears off.

The hit check should be at impact. So although corpses may occur, the harder targets still standing should be checked at impact. So feel free to thin out those minions before the meteor arrives.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

If you're on a team, that complaint applies no matter how fast you are.  It's an issue in the design of the game.  I don't want every power built around the idea that you have to first-hit a massive nuke for it to be worthwhile.

Seismic Blast might not be the power set for you.  That doesn't mean it's a bad powerset or otherwise designed wrong.  It's big, slow, heavy hitting and requires a bit of forethought.  If you can do that, it does catastrophic damage.  To make up for the speed, it gives you some defensive powers as well.  In addition to being able to speed itself up.  It fills a number of both thematic and mechanical niches while still being competitive with existing sets.

Edited by ABlueThingy
  • Like 4