Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3

The Curator

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

The versions being used now are the correct ones for the corresponding reward table. 

But it's completely out of line with the difficulty level of the rest of the non-trial Incarnate content.

The more I think about it, the more fascinating I find that assertion, given that the Heather Townshend arc provides the same reward table.

Edited by Cinnder
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 11:12 PM, AspieAnarchy said:

...when the car appears, hard liquor-time!

Consider it a show of good faith to your foes: They're not the only ones getting smashed.

Seconded, it's like the largest thing you throw, that's gotta count for something.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• City Council
6 hours ago, Cinnder said:

Can we get an option (maybe w Null the Gull) to put the cyclopes and minotaurs in Sister Solaris' Incarnate arc back to their original versions please?  Having tried it now, as I expected the final mission of this arc with the suicidal NPC companions has become deeply unpleasant to attempt to solo.

That is because the Boss version of Minotaur/Cyclops (regular and incarnate alike) are currently ignoring rank reductions; they spawn as Bosses even when the difficulty settings dictate they should spawn as lieutenants. This is a bug and will be fixed, critters should not ignore rank reduction outside of Task Forces and explicit exceptions.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 7:14 AM, Wavicle said:

It would be nice if Blasters got the No Weapon option for the Heavy Mallet. (And of course I support the addition of No Weapon options for Fire and Ice Swords as well...if you can figure out a way to do it that makes sense)

I would pay 500bn inf right now to be able to get rid of all elemental swords.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 11/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, WindDemon21 said:

Honestly, toggles being able to be mezzed off is one of the biggest issues/annoyances in the game. IMO all toggles should only suppress when mezzed, not toggled off completely.

I would pay a billion influence to p2w for toggles to suppress when mezzed as opposed to being turned off. Re-toggling is what I detest the most in this game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely need a way to turn off or disable the visuals for entomb or whatever power is totally burying our characters under a layer of rock.  It's fine that it only lasts a second, however with the amount of people leveling new characters and firing these off in succession, your vision is totally obscured by this and can't see what's happening.  This is a big problem on Master Of runs where seconds can count and totally exacerbated in cave maps.  I tried using the graphics sliders and suppress VFX when close, but no dice and the game looks like shit at lower graphics settings.   Not to take anything away from anyone who's enjoying the set, I'd just love an option to disable those - and many others come to think of it - graphics for me.  This set needs another pass IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, Cinnder said:

I suppose I can understand why this was done, but that arc was already a PITA to solo.  Now it will be even worse.  It's quite out of line with the difficulty level of the rest of the Incarnate arcs.

Candidly, I agree with you. But apparently, while they don't wish to discourage solo play, they seem to be hell-bent on encouraging team play. At least, that's my take-away from all these changes they're making. I mean, the new content is really compelling from a story telling perspective. I just wish they'd left things on Beta for a couple months longer so some of us could have found a way to spend more time testing over the holidays - even though I detest going to test because any gains are washed away without notice, and have no bearing on any characters on the regular servers. But, I was convinced recently that time spent there is worth the investment. Just wish I'd had more time.  And I hope I'll be able to revoke the 8 hours worth of empowerment buffs I got from p2w since we can't use them in iTrials anymore. 

On 11/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, The Curator said:

Powers:

New Powersets

Seismic Blast [Focused Feedback: Seismic Blast]

New primary for Blasters and Corruptors, new secondary for Defenders.

You can manipulate earth and stone to defeat your foes. The crushing force of many Earth Powers can reduce a target's Defense.

Being of the Earth, you are the most powerful while on the ground. While grounded, your attacks increase Seismic Pressure. As your Seismic Pressure increases, the cooldown of other Seismic Blast attacks is reduced and your chances of triggering Seismic Shockwaves around you also increase. These Seismic Shockwaves will have a chance of knocking back foes and, while standing on the ground, empower some of your attacks. Rock Shards will have its area and damage increased. Seismic Force will decrease the cooldown of all recharging Seismic Blast attacks by a moderate amount. Stalagmite will deal a large amount of damage.

• SeismicBlast_Encase.png.a87e2bfd4b4b3ab3e3cfe73abd0d2bea.png  Encase  Ranged, Light DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly, -DEF
    • Encase a foe in stone for a short moment, dealing damage and lowering their defense. They will also become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 

• Encase grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Shatter.png.4a0cf159bd6aab458f4966500f460ad7.png  Shatter  Ranged, Light DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly, -DEF
    • Cover a foe in stone shards and shatter them, inflicting light damage and lowering their defense. They will also become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 
    • Shatter grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_RockShards.png.2e9f1a3b6cdef030692fcc36ab5611b5.png  Rock Shards  Ranged Cone, Light DMG(Lethal), -Defense, Special
    • You launch a volley of stone shards at your target in a sweeping cone. These shards stab into the target, causing lethal damage. They will also continue to suffer additional lethal damage over time.
    • SeismicBlast_RockShards_Mega.png.09cad0b47ad40d910d0b7f764595eb09.png  If affected by Seismic Shockwaves, this power will halt the shockwaves, the up front damage will be increased and damage over time accelerated, foes will be knocked down, range will be increased to 60ft and arc to 40 degrees.

• Rock Shards grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Entomb.png.dea8a9c67c6a49f4f635aec00c1936d1.png  Entomb  Ranged, High DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly, -DEF
    • Entomb foes in a big boulder, dealing high damage and lowering their defense. They will also become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 

• Entomb grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Aim.png.3e75eb69e2f7790872bce161844b48b3.png  Seismic Force  Self +To Hit, +DMG, +Special
    • Greatly increases the chance to hit of your attacks for a few seconds. Slightly increases damage.

• SeismicBlast_Aim_Mega.png.ac6c589ec0d726f4bb84221e967181bf.png  If affected by Seismic Shockwaves, this power will halt the shockwaves and will decrease the cooldown of all recharging Seismic Blast attacks by a moderate amount.

• SeismicBlast_UpThrust.png.674778cfec4e658504b7873b7ba0d49d.png  Upthrust  Targeted AoE, Light DMG(Smashing), -Fly, -Defense, Chance to Knockdown
    • You channel seismic energy into the earth, causing a micro-fault to erupt under your target. This causes a shard of rock to thrust upward out of the ground, dealing smashing damage and lowering their defense. Affected foes will become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. The force of the eruption can knockback enemies.
    • Upthrust grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Snipe.png.cba8876efe1969189b0b35cc7dc0f810.png  Tombstone  Sniper, High DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly
    • Create a giant pillar of stone, creating a Tombstone around your target dealing extreme damage and limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 
    • This is a sniper attack, and is best fired from a distance as it can be interrupted. If you are engaged in battle this attack becomes instant-cast. If you are not engaged, it will do bonus damage.

• Tombstone grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Stalagmite.png.8d530aa2d1b330022171ff7b753caa8a.png  Stalagmite  Ranged, Variable DMG(Smash), Foe Disorient, Special
    • You can cause a Stalagmite to erupt under an enemy dealing minimal Lethal damage and Disorienting them for a good while. You must be on the ground to activate this power.
    • SeismicBlast_Stalagmite_Mega.png.fd167698cd204341c11a1dfc18556568.png  If affected by Seismic Shockwaves, this power will halt the shockwaves and deal extreme damage. 

• Stalagmite grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Meteor.png.0ff72e7a1ced036ae81e3ddd4a953fa0.png  Meteor  Ranged (Location AoE), Extreme DMG(Smashing) Foe Knockback
    • You call down a meteor strike from the sky at a specified location. All targets within 30' are caught in the blast radius, taking extreme damage and being knocked back.
    • Note: This power uses the knock vector system. You'll notice the foes will be knocked up and back.

Earth Manipulation [Focused Feedback: Earth Manipulation]

New Secondary Powerset for Blasters

You can control the forces of the Earth. You can manipulate earth and stone to defeat your foes. The crushing force of many Earth Powers can reduce a target's Defense, while most Stone attacks will knock foes off their feet.

• EarthManip_StonePrison.png.33e9df63dd323703106deeef1e49fce5.png  Stone Prison  Ranged, Moderate DoT(Smash), Foe Immobilize, -DEF, -Fly
    • Immobilizes a single target within an earthy formation and deals some Smashing damage over time. Some more resilient foes may require multiple attacks to Immobilize. Stone Prison can also reduce a target's Defense.
    • Grants one stack of Seismic Pressure if you have Seismic Blast.
  • EarthManip_HeavyMallet.png.e4fe21c408a3352852bc8f9d655b178b.png  Heavy Mallet  Melee, High DMG(Smashing), Knockback
    • Your control over the earth allows you to form a mallet of solid stone. This Stone Mallet deals high damage and can knock down weak foes.
  • EarthManip_SaltCrystals.png.7df27c7f3670579f1e72e643fd5467b6.png  Salt Crystals  PBAoE, Foe Sleep, -DEF
    • Attempts to encrust all nearby foes in a Pillar of Salt. The victims will remain encased within the salt for quite a while, but will automatically break free if attacked. Affected targets have reduced defense for a while, even if they break free.
    • This power is Auto-Hit. The power still requires a ToHit check to apply its -Defense Debuff.
  • EarthManip_BuildUp.png.e8dcb140330339b76823c1bed8d2b1b0.png  Build Up  Self +DMG, +To Hit
    • Greatly increases the amount of damage you deal for a few seconds, as well as slightly increases your chance to hit.
  • EarthManip_Tremor.png.f0063a6a17b18bb2d9385c4d8263c12a.png  Tremor  PBAoE, Light DMG(Smashing), Knockback
    • You can cause a localized earthquake immediately around you. This will deal moderate damage to every foe in melee range, while knocking them back.
  • EarthManip_MudBath.png.deb288ef79375660425315543775008f.png  Mud Bath  Toggle: PBAoE, -SPD, Self +Heal Over Time, +Recovery
    • While this power is active, you draw upon the geothermal power of the Earth to create a bubbling pool of hot mud around you. All foes in melee range will become snared and entrapped in the mud, slowing them down. You recover a small amount of health every few seconds while this power is active.
  • EarthManip_Beryl.png.f8b32e84f93351c1598f8269e9eef24e.png  Beryl Crystals  Toggle: Self Res(Confuse, Perception, ToHit), +Perception, Accuracy
    • Activating this power summons several rare Beryl Crystals to orbit around you. These Crystals can bring clarity of the mind and increase your Accuracy, Perception to see hidden foes, and grant resistance to Confusion and ToHit debuffs.
  • EarthManip_Fracture.png.f7ec0a3c6bae7fa7aa0e010aefd47120.png  Fracture  Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Disorient, -DEF
    • You can Fracture the ground around an enemy, disorienting all affected targets for a good while. You must be on the ground to activate this power.
  • EarthManip_SeismicSmash.png.41963c5e4880793eb2fcea5b61c80a66.png  Seismic Smash  Melee, Extreme DMG(Smashing), Foe Hold
    • This massive attack hits with all the force of the Earth itself. It deals tremendous amounts of damage and may Hold the target if they are not defeated outright.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ajjzj98k8g67lbdvkl

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm not going to write a bug for this, but after P3, I've noticed that all of my characters had base empowerment buffs wiped.

I'm very fastidious about keeping base empowerment buffs on my characters.  After I logged in about 5 I thought it was odd to encounter 5 with expired buffs.  After 10 I thought it was unlikely.  After 50, I'm certain it's a P.3 issue. 

When I refresh these buffs now they are maintained on subsequent log-ins so this isn't a critical issue, but maybe something to validate for future updates.

• Lead Game Master

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Something in this update broke The Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok from Doc Buzzsaw. Please do NOT run this arc at this time until a fix has been released (The Devs area aware and are attempting to fix the issue). While a GM can help you bypass the part that's broken, we can't guarantee we'll always be on to assist. Please spread the word in-game, thank you!

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

11 minutes ago, Hew said:

Id give, uh, 100 mil inf for mallets for seismic smash, assassin smash.

a whack-a-mole enthusiast?

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

28 minutes ago, Starforge said:

It’s not a secret group, the link has been posted on the forums for months to the Discord testing group.

23 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Clarifying: Open Beta and Closed Beta are different things.. 

Also note Boppers "This is not a substitute for Focused Feedback discussion as I do not work with Homecoming in any capacity. It is simply to share information, organize teams, provide tools, etc."

Not all relevant feedback from Discord makes it back to the forums. 

Please be patient with questions and concerns from folks who are potentially seeing changes for the first time or who joined beta late in the process.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
1 hour ago, Hedgefund said:

I'm not going to write a bug for this, but after P3, I've noticed that all of my characters had base empowerment buffs wiped.

I'm very fastidious about keeping base empowerment buffs on my characters.  After I logged in about 5 I thought it was odd to encounter 5 with expired buffs.  After 10 I thought it was unlikely.  After 50, I'm certain it's a P.3 issue. 

When I refresh these buffs now they are maintained on subsequent log-ins so this isn't a critical issue, but maybe something to validate for future updates.

Not intentional, but not fixable either: the timer type used for those buffs was changed to one which doesn't tick while the powers are disabled, but apparently that means any time remaining on the original timer type is ignored.

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

And I hope I'll be able to revoke the 8 hours worth of empowerment buffs I got from p2w since we can't use them in iTrials anymore. 

I must have missed this, where is this in the patch notes?

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

25 minutes ago, macskull said:

I must have missed this, where is this in the patch notes?

The second to last bullet point:

• Some temporary powers were missing flags that disabled them correctly in content where temporary powers are disallowed:
    • Defense Amplifier
    • Survival Amplifier
    • Offense Amplifier
    • Winter Ward
    • Frost Bite

16 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Damage PER recharge formula. with the new shock mechanic, TB can actually do more listing at a possible 300.30 base damage, along with a really high amount of end drain and -recovery.

Blizzard doing 417.08, which yes is DoT, but also has a good amount of slow, knockdown, and lots of -to hit. This dot also means that it hits a much higher target cap as enemies in the mob die.

Meteor, Has none of these, except a very detrimental amount of kb requiring an additional slot for kb-kd.

Doesn't Blizzard have bonus damage for being a long DoT that people can just walk out of?  Again, Meteor has average damage for a nuke.

It has an advantage in control from KD/KB and the delay, large area, large range all allow it to pull some tricks that other powers can't.  In addition to being able to break it's Dmg per Rech formula with the inherent set bonus to recharge.  That is, for any other primary set with a nuke of comparable damage and slotting.  Meteor should be doing more as it's recharge can be leveraged for more casts WITHOUT suffering a damage penalty.

So yes, some nukes have tricks that Meteor can't do.  And Meteor can do some tricks that no other nuke can pull off.  If you want it to do more damage you're either asking for it to lose some of it's unique traits as a trade off or you're asking for it to break the balancing of powers visa-vie Dmg:Rech:Secondary effects.

Edited by ABlueThingy
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Faultline said:

That is because the Boss version of Minotaur/Cyclops (regular and incarnate alike) are currently ignoring rank reductions; they spawn as Bosses even when the difficulty settings dictate they should spawn as lieutenants. This is a bug and will be fixed, critters should not ignore rank reduction outside of Task Forces and explicit exceptions.

Thank you!  You get a zillion cookies for this. 🙂

On a related subject, has something changed with combat NPC perception?  In the DA arcs like the final Cimeroran one and the final final Mot one, they seem to aggro on bunches of distant enemies that they used to ignore till they were closer, making them even more suicidal than before.

Edited by Cinnder

5 hours ago, balor said:

I'm shocked that Electricity Assault did not gain the new shock system.  I always found Elec/Elec Dom extremely under preforming. 

It's the sort of thing that would also prop up the ailing Elec Melee.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
33 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

On a related subject, has something changed with combat NPC perception?  In the DA arcs like the final Cimeroran one and the final final Mot one, they seem to aggro on bunches of distant enemies that they used to ignore till they were closer, making them even more suicidal than before.

To my knowledge, nothing changed about them. But that arc is getting a minor revision in January, so I'll add a note to check the NPCs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I apologise if this has already been discussed or addressed, but did this new update take away the Marginilized badge (no epics/patrons on a level 50 flashback arc) or perhaps did adding the new badges for only alpha slot and no incarnates bug it? I got the new badges for only alpha slot and no incarnates, but when I tried for Marginalized, I got nothing. I did it at my SG portal, the actual Ouroboros portal, as a hero, villain, rogue, vigilante, 50 only arcs, 40-50 arcs, high merit content (5-30 merits), solo and duo and nothing. 😕 

• Confused 1