Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3

The Curator

• City Council
23 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

Also, what does 'Sister Solaris' story arc now uses Incarnate versions of Minotaur, Cyclops and Romulus' mean?

Are these even tougher versions of these enemies?

Correct, Sister Solaris is an incarnate arc, but it was using non-incarnate versions of those enemies. The main difference is that they have higher tohit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Faultline said:

Correct, Sister Solaris is an incarnate arc, but it was using non-incarnate versions of those enemies. The main difference is that they have higher tohit.

I suppose I can understand why this was done, but that arc was already a PITA to solo.  Now it will be even worse.  It's quite out of line with the difficulty level of the rest of the Incarnate arcs.

I realize I'm still posting on the feedback thread so I'll cross post here:

So, no communication on Fault being used while having Hover/Mystic flight? It would have been nice to have a maybe, no, we'll think about it, too much work, answer.

Toggleon and toggleoff keybinds it is I guess.

Alright, this is what I have. It's clumsy because it require two keypresses to toggle Hover on and off and introduces gaps. Change Hover for whatever flight power you're using. It's possible three keypresses are required if having Hover + Fly on as well as modifying the macro.

/bind lshift+1 "$$powexectoggleoff hover$$powexecname fault" - This requires two keypresses if for no other reason that when Hover/Flight/Mystic Flight/Jetpack is toggled off we are still in the air. It takes a second to drop, so, welp, a keypress, wait until we touch the ground, then a second keypress.

/bind 1 "$$powexecslot 1$$powexectoggleon hover" - This too requires two keypresses and will reactivate Hover/Mystic Flight/Flight/Jetpack. The powexectoggleon ensures that part will only activate if any of the above are toggled off. I suggest perhaps making more than one bind, maybe one for Tremor who doesn't care about roleplay and one more than just the first attack in case it's on cooldown.

Can confirm, excellent small but valuable additions to costume editor! Blindfold (tied) wins!

Also, let Hostile Face 6 from this day forward be known as the "Eastwood".

End trans.

Edited by xl8
HF6

• Community Rep
1 hour ago, Troo said:

predicting a Lazy River base soontm. (I don't think there is one yet @Dacy

Nope, can't do one with these, as far as I can see. They disappear if you move, the self-propelling pieces put you in the "slipping" animation, which would break other animations, AND, you have to be floating in water to use the innertubes, which is also a position from which it's impossible to be propelled under current conditions. Sadly, lazy rivers will have to be bobfests, no moving. But hey, now you can bob in style. 🙂

-Dacy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Developer
1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Hey what's this note doing here? I thought it was a mistake when that made the patch notes last time.

Misunderstanding at the time. This simply means that the taunt added to powers via the inherent will actually be enhanced by taunt enhancements added to those powers.

Like, adding a Taunt enhancement to Fire Sword will increase the taunt duration that of the taunt is dynamically added to the power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Crey Eliminator:

• Chain Gun: Ranged Lethal, High Dam, +Acc
  • Kick: Melee, Light DMG(Smashing), Foe Stun
  • Brawl: Melee, Light DMG(Smashing)
  • (Level 35+ only) Tear Gas Grenade: Targeted AoE, -Perception, -ACC

-perception is wholly unfair in pve without something to boost. Can you at least make it work like ours does so if they attack we can still see them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Crey Crisis Unit:

• Grenade Launcher: Targeted AoE, Lethal/Smash, Knockback
  • Sleep Gas: Targeted AoE, Sleep
  • Kick: Melee, Light DMG(Smashing), Foe Stun
  • Brawl: Melee, Light DMG(Smashing)
  • (Level 35+ only) Hallucinogenic Gas: Targeted AoE, Confuse

Really aoe confuse too? -100points on these changes seriously. Took away one of my  favorite enemies and just completely ruined them. Please take away the -perception and confuse at least SERIOUSLY. At the very least non below level 41.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Kartissa said:

Well, that's just screwed my plans to get the extra WST badges by repeatedly blitzing the Cavern of Transcendence trial. Which was probably the point....

Nice to see the classic LRSF back, though.

I'd read about this change and ran it on test with my blaster. Instead of 3-4 minutes, it took 9 minutes. 

So, a bit of a bummer, but still quite simple to do solo. Not as fast as a speedy itf for some good teams, but certainly faster than most other weeklies. 

First, a question:  Whats the "Brickstown update"?  when I saw that phrasing (which appears 4 times in regards to bits of it) I went looking through the list, especially the city zone section, but I've seen nothing detailing this.  Perhaps I've overlooked something?

Second...wow.  Just...WOW!   I'd been keeping this on the peripheral of my radar, really only noting the new Strike Force and the inner tube emotes, but as I read through the list looking for changes to my characters to which I'd need to adapt, my eyes just got bigger and my jaw more slack.  I'm seriously impressed!  Hats off to the development team!

tenor.gif.0fd4d6c3f231eee664a7b02867fb61af.gif

59 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Nope, can't do one with these, as far as I can see. They disappear if you move, the self-propelling pieces put you in the "slipping" animation, which would break other animations, AND, you have to be floating in water to use the innertubes, which is also a position from which it's impossible to be propelled under current conditions. Sadly, lazy rivers will have to be bobfests, no moving. But hey, now you can bob in style. 🙂

-Dacy

At least they look wonderful in swimming pools, and remain active even if "submerged" between water patches.

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

5 hours ago, The Curator said:

Now have additional destination validation for non-line-of-sight teleports. This does not affect teleporting with the standard cursor, only through commands that allow selection of locations that may not be normally reachable.

What does this note mean?

• Fix a UI bug that could cause the client to get into an inconsistent state when interacting with elements while the tutorial selection window is displayed.
  • Teleporting while being pushed/pulled by Repel effects no longer causes rubber-banding or sliding through geometry. This is a very old movement prediction bug that could also affect Knockback under rare conditions but wasn't noticed until we started using Repel more to take advantage of the new vectored capabilities.

Does this also fix mobs getting knockbacked into cave walls???

Costumes

• Custom Weapon > Knives of Artemis:
    • Fixed incorrect texture on “Knives of Artemis” custom weapon and fixed minor visual issue on its blade tip

Where is this ?  I didn't see it. 

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

Holy balls seriously, get rid of the dumb -perception and confuse... Also, psy is bad enough on the bosses, they don't need to be doing mez on top of it too, especially with them still having MOG...

imo these are good changes. Crey was too easy in the high levels.

COUNCIL WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

What does this note mean?

Cant no longer use teleport to get spaces you shouldn't be able to access, like behind a wall and such.

• Thanks 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

• City Council
53 minutes ago, Albion said:

Cant no longer use teleport to get spaces you shouldn't be able to access, like behind a wall and such.

"Can't" is probably putting too much faith in the fix. But it should at least stop the most common cases of using high FOV and cutscenes to trick the cursor into teleporting you into an unreachable spot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Amazing update guys, I continue to be impressed by how much work you put in. Do you have any idea how long I've wanted those gunslinger bows without needing to also have the sash that comes with them

One thing I thought was weird though, you added the gold bricker gloves, boots, goggles, jetpack and 3 types of pants but no chest pieces? I'm curious, was there something uniquely difficult about making the chest piece or do the in game Gold Brickers use some kind of generic chest piece or something?

755205236_Screenshot2021-11-26155217.thumb.png.09d3048b1cd9a57fbcbc04bd1c09258e.png

Also if the unique costume pieces of the Talons of Fate enemy group could be added in some future update that would be amazing

• Thumbs Up 1