Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3

The Curator

18 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Lol ❤️

Edit: thought that was to the second part, I actually did, you simply just don't agree and refuse to accept literal geometry.

no, you did not explain.

You ASSERTED and did not support with evidence, and you continue to ignore pieces of evidence you have been presented with.

• Like 1

• City Council

I'll finish with this, though. If anything I said earlier is inaccurate, then please make a bug report. If you use buildup and it's active when you cast Meteor (when you select the location drop) but wears off prior to the Meteor hitting, then you see less damage because of the lost buildup - then please make a bug report. That would certainly be an example of something not working as intended.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ABlueThingy said:

You know Meteor having that lag time makes it stack up alongside Upthrust and Rock Shards nicely.  If you cast BU/Aim->Meteor->Upthrust->Rock Shards rapidly after one another then all the attacks will land at the same time for a single burst of damage more then virtually anyone else can achieve.

Meteor has a long lagtime on dropping in and Upthrust has travel time so they both land about the same time if stacked one after the other at just the right distance.

Yes there are absolutely some cool things about the delay. But I doubt they outweigh the cons for the pure min-maxers here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Yes there are absolutely some cool things about the delay. But I doubt they outweigh the cons for the pure min-maxers here.

Min-Maxers will always be sad that a new set it's not better then every other set in the only ways they care about.

I personally think that building sets around "Fast recharging, large aoe, instant cast, mob wiping dmg" and judging all sets that fail to reach as broken, bugged, or otherwise lesser is a dark path.  There's already so much AoE damage that on a moderately well built team it functionally invalidates half the kinds of ways of engaging with combat.  Mobs violently explode into particle effects the instant the team reaches it.  You can't built sets around that paradigm.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Did an all Defender Dr Aeon SF.  If you have Becky with you on the last mission, do not take her into the last room with Midas.  Our problem was Midas aggroed on Becky, there is no way to get Becky into a cauldron, so no way to defeat Midas.  We could briefly and occasionally get Midas into a cauldron, but he would always teleport back to Becky.  So, in the end we just let her dies to finish the SF.

51 minutes ago, MsAligned said:

Did an all Defender Dr Aeon SF.  If you have Becky with you on the last mission, do not take her into the last room with Midas.  Our problem was Midas aggroed on Becky, there is no way to get Becky into a cauldron, so no way to defeat Midas.  We could briefly and occasionally get Midas into a cauldron, but he would always teleport back to Becky.  So, in the end we just let her dies to finish the SF.

There are a couple ways to deal with that before hand, its all about how your team strategizes, if you let her get face to face with Midas from the get go, you are only left with one particular option to break her apart.

Edit: Well perhaps two, but the second one is very build specific.

Edited by Albion

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

5 hours ago, Booper said:

The hit check should be at impact. So although corpses may occur, the harder targets still standing should be checked at impact. So feel free to thin out those minions before the meteor arrives.

So then it would be as I stated prior if the hit check doesn't occur until the actual impact, no?

4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

no, you did not explain.

You ASSERTED and did not support with evidence, and you continue to ignore pieces of evidence you have been presented with.

I have explained literally every single point. Maybe you need to read up further but I did not miss anything.

• City Council
Just now, WindDemon21 said:

So then it would be as I stated prior if the hit check doesn't occur until the actual impact, no?

Nope. Your stats at the moment you cast the power should be preserved throughout the animation process. Those stats are used when the hit roll happens, which is at the time of impact.

• Like 1

It does not do the least amount of damage amongst nukes. It actually does the standard 4.0 scale damage most nukes have.

Damage PER recharge formula. with the new shock mechanic, TB can actually do more listing at a possible 300.30 base damage, along with a really high amount of end drain and -recovery.

Blizzard doing 417.08, which yes is DoT, but also has a good amount of slow, knockdown, and lots of -to hit. This dot also means that it hits a much higher target cap as enemies in the mob die.

Meteor, Has none of these, except a very detrimental amount of kb requiring an additional slot for kb-kd.

(edit) TB and Blizzard also have beneficial damage types of full energy, and half cold damage. Where Meteor does have some fire, it's still largely smashing damage.

It does not have the worst nuke stats, as Meteor has the largest radius (30', typically nukes have 25') and is tied with Rain of Arrows for the longest range (90', for reference Blizzard and Thunderous Blast have 60' range).

Worst stats OVERALL when combined with recharge, damage, and actual use without having to waste an additional slot for kb-kd. Never found the 60ft range on a nuke to ever really be detrimental enough to warrant even mentioning that it has a longer range, esp when so many melee nukes exist and do fine. Not saying range ISN'T a bonus, just not that difference of 60 to 90ft. As to the radius, we've already discussed that the crazy high kb negates the radius boost as either it costs you an extra slot, or you can only use half of the radius so they don't fly all over the place. IMO another benefit should be to increase it's target cap, as your assumption of "placing between two mobs" doesn't matter with the same 16 target cap.

(edit 2) Also with a myriad of range bonuses including what's in the blaster ATO, it's not unheard of to have something that boosts that 60ft to at least 70ft etc. I'd much rather have some higher damage and/or no knockback on the power instead of extra range that is largely useless. (subjective yes but I know many would agree with that).

Edited by WindDemon21

6 minutes ago, Booper said:

Nope. Your stats at the moment you cast the power should be preserved throughout the animation process. Those stats are used when the hit roll happens, which is at the time of impact.

Ok I'll retest this on live but that would thankfully solve that aim/bu/gaussians issue if true. Didn't get that high on live yet but at 50 on test was wholly unimpressive. Also, does this then include damage boosts from toggle buffs such as assault and targetting drone?

3 minutes ago, Starforge said:

You could just decide to start liking Knockback.

I like knockback when used properly. I do NOT like it when it's vectored around the epicenter of a location power that forces you to either not be able to control it, or to use only half of the area of the location power so it knocks them in one way only.

Wish to add, in case someone doesn't know, these powers were extensively tested by many people beside the devs for months before even reaching Brainstorm, and many heated arguments were had about every particular aspect of them. So, while now that they went live, someone can see something that was (by a very,very,veeeeery low chance) overlooked because each personal view is unique, taking the "so see, this here is bad and should be this way" approach is not gonna add anything of worth at this point. Should rather go post some idea at suggestions or a mathematically based practical use feedback.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Albion said:

Wish to add, in case someone doesn't know, these powers were extensively tested by many people beside the devs for months before even reaching Brainstorm, and many heated arguments were had about every particular aspect of them. So, while now that they went live, someone can see something that was (by a very,very,veeeeery low chance) overlooked because each personal view is unique, taking the "so see, this here is bad and should be this way" approach is not gonna add anything of worth at this point. Should rather go post some idea at suggestions or a mathematically based practical use feedback.

I tested what I could on brainstorm but wasn't able to get on any earlier than that to test it. Sounds to me like they didn't have the right people testing it beforehand.

9 minutes ago, Albion said:

these powers were extensively tested by many people beside the devs for months before even reaching Brainstorm

This. This right here is the problem. There shoudln't be a secret testing group for powers that affect the whole playerbase before the rest can try it. Everyone should be allowed to give equal input into this game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

12 minutes ago, Albion said:

Should rather go post some idea at suggestions or a mathematically based practical use feedback.

I've already provided that feedback, and at least here I know it's being seen and is immediately relevant for a chance of a change to happen post major patch without having to wait a year+ for the next major patch to fix it. Most things in the suggestions seem to just disappear into nothingness.

10 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I tested what I could on brainstorm but wasn't able to get on any earlier than that to test it. Sounds to me like they didn't have the right people testing it beforehand.

There is brilliant people doing those, they were already deeply into the mechanics of the game back on live, and they are to thank for many of the improvements we see today on powersets and enhancements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

This. This right here is the problem. There shoudln't be a secret testing group for powers that affect the whole playerbase before the rest can try it. Everyone should be allowed to give equal input into this game.

Call me crazy, but the set was on the public test server for almost a month. And that's after the closed beta, which this game has always had as a "secret testing group" because some things get changed around a lot in closed beta, and exposing that to the public would cause undo stress in an entirely volunteer dev team.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Arbegla said:

Call me crazy, but the set was on the public test server for almost a month. And that's after the closed beta, which this game has always had as a "secret testing group" because some things get changed around a lot in closed beta, and exposing that to the public would cause undo stress in an entirely volunteer dev team.

Yes I tested it asap when it was available on that and gave my input. I just dislike the whole "they tested it when you couldn't so their input is more valuable than yours" mentality. Having a gross amount of power experience from beta-sunset on live, constantly thinking about powers and continuing to make builds when the game was shutdown and being on this since it came back I know my powers.

Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful for the devs for continuing to work on the game but input on all sides is a good thing. Keep a BIG mind too, that everything not brought up means it's generally good to go and a good job was done on it.

As the issue was just released (as it could have still changed before going live even on brainstorm) now is the BEST time to point out anything that needs changing before it gets lost in the wayside of the suggestions forums like so many other things have, so it can be fixed in a page 3.1 fast update.

Can we get an option (maybe w Null the Gull) to put the cyclopes and minotaurs in Sister Solaris' Incarnate arc back to their original versions please?  Having tried it now, as I expected the final mission of this arc with the suicidal NPC companions has become deeply unpleasant to attempt to solo.

47 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

Can we get an option (maybe w Null the Gull) to put the cyclopes and minotaurs in Sister Solaris' Incarnate arc back to their original versions please?  Having tried it now, as I expected the final mission of this arc with the suicidal NPC companions has become deeply unpleasant to attempt to solo.

The versions being used now are the correct ones for the corresponding reward table. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png