Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3

The Curator

He has a whole slew of abilities to make him deadly, and even more so when you fight the special challenge version (only seen when you're on Relentless w/ MoASF badge held by the leader)

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

13 hours ago, AspieAnarchy said:

What I really want is for the damage to vary significantly based on what you throw - that should be doable, shouldn't it? Whatever RNG determines which object shows up, add to each result a separate damage range.

Aw hell no, I'd end up throwing cars at white-con foes with just a sliver of health left and lampshades at full-health AVs!  Every time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

20 hours ago, Tuft said:

Agreed, especially with really large opponents. (Looking at e.g. Sentinel of Mot in Dilemma Diabolique)

Those too.  Sadly, I think this feedback is going to get completely ignored as usual.  SB is a fine addition to the game, it just needs some additional thought put into a couple of the powers or even better, have a way to disable the VFX via Suppress When Close.  Would totally love an option to disable all incoming buff VFX as well.  We can already Null how speed boosts, group fly, tarot cards etc. affect us.   A couple of the powers in this new set are super annoying and badly designed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Excraft said:

A couple of the powers in this new set are super annoying and badly designed. 

Is there a particular power or effect? Things can get tweaked over time, just not likely this week.

I'm sure folks will agree that is is great we are getting new content and powersets. With that will come some wrinkles to be ironed out and differences of opinion. 

I did play the Seismic Blast set to about level 30 so far. Seems pretty great and the large animations seemed to be very brief. I can see on a large target with a league some annoyance.. but I've been dealing with that in leagues for some time (auras, area powers, etc), so kinda par for the course. Definitely something to consider though.

Unrelated question:

Is it too soon to request a unicorn or giant flamingo innertube? Even better as unlocks (don't throw stuff, I like earning items, sue me).

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have a really hard time buying that Seismic Blast has uniquely annoying FX. Earth Control powers for instance are every bit as intrusive (actually moreso due to longer durations). Seems like people are basing too much on the current perception, which is highly skewed only because the set is brand new.

Anyway, you’re free to turn down your FX.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Troo said:

Is there a particular power or effect? Things can get tweaked over time, just not likely this week.

I'm sure folks will agree that is is great we are getting new content and powersets. With that will come some wrinkles to be ironed out and differences of opinion. 

I did play the Seismic Blast set to about level 30 so far. Seems pretty great and the large animations seemed to be very brief. I can see on a large target with a league some annoyance.. but I've been dealing with that in leagues for some time (auras, area powers, etc), so kinda par for the course. Definitely something to consider though.

Encase or Entomb or whatever power it is that's enclosing the target in a giant rock that obscures the entire field of view.  This is a real problem on teams with more than one blaster using the set.  The animations are brief yes, but you have multiple people on the team firing them off in succession.  It's real easy to lose track of what's going on and on Master of runs this is a huge problem.  It's a big problem in caves and as @Tuft posted, large sized mobs.  

I totally agree it's great we are getting new stuff.  It just seems to me how these couple of powers work could use some more thought and like you say ironing out.  It's ok if there's only 1 person doing it.  When you have more than 1, it gets annoying real fast.  I'd really love a Null option to disable all buff VFX.  Would totally solve the problem and doesn't change anything for people who like things as they are.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Excraft noted.

Also, I promise feedback is read, not just by other players. 

We just need a smidge of patience while accepting that things take time and folks have the best intentions. (goal: make better not worse)

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Goal today is to hit 32 to test on live versus test, but again my experience with location powers and the fact that live should now follow exactly what is on test is that meteor is still "bugged". Though this is how all location powers have worked since what, issue 4 on live? Even if queued up on test, meteor does NOT get the gaussians proc benefit. Also, Toxins on /plant is broken and is only doing like 2.67 extra damage for meteor at 50. Toxins also seems really weak in general, but at least it was working on the other non-location powers. Seems to add about 33% damage proc on to the enemies, which i'm guessing factoring the toxic damage type and damage enhancement/bonus added to the attacks it's based off your final damage of your attacks and that's how it's rounded out? Would still prefer a toggle that procced the damage and had like 10% to hit all the time or a simple auto power that added the toxic proc, or at least something llike the dom version you could perma but that's another discussion i guess, but it's still definitely bugged on meteor, as is meteor itself from what @Boppersaid.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Troo said:

@Excraft noted.

Also, I promise feedback is read, not just by other players. 

We just need a smidge of patience while accepting that things take time and folks have the best intentions. (goal: make better not worse)

I'm totally fine with waiting for updates to it.  I'm not at all demanding anything or that changes be made this instant.   No idea where people are getting that from.  I can avoid teaming with anyone using it for now.  Unfortunately that's the only recourse until there are changes made.

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
On 11/28/2021 at 11:37 PM, WindDemon21 said:

So yes, unless somehow it works differently on live from test, the damage bonuses do NOT carry over to meteor if they wear off before the actual impact of the meteor

Thanks for testing. I misspoke earlier when I said it would be a bug if it didn't snapshot the stats at the moment of cast, I misinterpreted the flags being used throughout the various pseudopet summoning process.

What you are seeing is expected behavior and it is working as intended per the developer's design. This design is also why summoning meteor will benefit from its own defiance (if you're a blaster) which I believe is 17% (it has an Area Factor of 1, since the pseudopet summoning isn't an AoE).

FWIW, I did pass along your concerns of this implementation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Excraft said:

I'm totally fine with waiting for updates to it.  I'm not at all demanding anything or that changes be made this instant.   No idea where people are getting that from.  I can avoid teaming with anyone using it for now.  Unfortunately that's the only recourse until there are changes made.

You are also able to adjust your graphics settings, so no, that's factually not "the only recourse".

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, arcane said:

You are also able to adjust your graphics settings, so no, that's factually not "the only recourse".

I've specifically said that using the graphics sliders and trying to use Suppress VFX when close doesn't work.  I also said the game looks like total shit when turning the graphics down.  So yes, avoiding teams with anyone using Seismic Blast is my only recourse.  If you want to play a game that looks like shit, more power to you.  My preference is to have some adjustments made to this at some point so it either doesn't obscure the field of view or have the suppress vfx when close actually work.   Feel free to disagree.

22 hours ago, Booper said:

Thanks for testing. I misspoke earlier when I said it would be a bug if it didn't snapshot the stats at the moment of cast, I misinterpreted the flags being used throughout the various pseudopet summoning process.

What you are seeing is expected behavior and it is working as intended per the developer's design. This design is also why summoning meteor will benefit from its own defiance (if you're a blaster) which I believe is 17% (it has an Area Factor of 1, since the pseudopet summoning isn't an AoE).

FWIW, I did pass along your concerns of this implementation.

Thanks. Hopefully this gets it to swap to target based so that we can boost it like the other nukes :). Also wouldn't be mad if it was kd only and/or the side affect was swapped to a large stun which would make sense cause as you can see how this makes it worse than any other nuke that can get those bonuses AND hit sooner.

Edited by WindDemon21

After continuing to play with meteor, I hope its location AoE and briefly delayed damage is not changed tbh.

Its AoE side currently plays like an AoE edition of Psychic Blast’s damage spikes. Super bursty and makes your chain drop things from 100% straight to zero in the blink of an eye. A very cool niche. More enemies are dead before they ever know they’re aggro’d. For the exact same reason I wouldn’t want Psychic Blast projectile speeds to be reduced, I like this best the way it is.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 2

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is this a new sitting posture in the banner?

image.png.225023c438bd82849c115cc666ed8b18.png

Though it's just as likely something already used by NPCs and I'm just forgetting about it. Or hell, it could already be a player emote. This just stuck out to me, though I only use a handful for the most part.

Edited by Malithrax
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Spines is already allowed I think.

Scrappers and Stalkers can use claws with stone.

Right they can. The issue was with granite and claws cause i think it would cover up the claws or wouldn't render properly.

That being said you can on scrap/stalkers cause they don't have granite.

On a side note, can we please get crystal and lava form Granite armor? (and yes i know it's "granite" armor but you get it)

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 4:03 PM, arcane said:

After continuing to play with meteor, I hope its location AoE and briefly delayed damage is not changed tbh.

Its AoE side currently plays like an AoE edition of Psychic Blast’s damage spikes. Super bursty and makes your chain drop things from 100% straight to zero in the blink of an eye. A very cool niche. More enemies are dead before they ever know they’re aggro’d. For the exact same reason I wouldn’t want Psychic Blast projectile speeds to be reduced, I like this best the way it is.

This would still happen if it was target based and that was the only change. The only difference would be that it would actually benefit from the gaussians proc, the kb would be centered from you so you could control which way it blasts them, and you could guarantee which targets it would hit when it impacts.

All supreme benefits as opposed to what it is now. Hilarity aside, which it still would be when target based, the more I play with it, the more I'm honestly thinking about dropping it from the build. It just lacks too much oomph, it's too delayed, and the knockback is seriously detrimental, and when putting the kb-kd in it, that loss of kb oomph too makes you see just how less damaging it feels.

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

This would still happen if it was target based and that was the only change. The only difference would be that it would actually benefit from the gaussians proc, the kb would be centered from you so you could control which way it blasts them, and you could guarantee which targets it would hit when it impacts.

All supreme benefits as opposed to what it is now. Hilarity aside, which it still would be when target based, the more I play with it, the more I'm honestly thinking about dropping it from the build. It just lacks too much oomph, it's too delayed, and the knockback is seriously detrimental, and when putting the kb-kd in it, that loss of kb oomph too makes you see just how less damaging it feels.

It wasn’t obvious to me that Meteor isn’t affected by damage buffs, this is verified and confirmed? Blizzard is affected by damage buffs, but it’s verified Meteor is not??

Not worried about the other things, LocAoE is a thing and not inherently bad.

Skip it if you want but that sounds highly ill advised to me and contradicts my very positive experience in game.

Edited by arcane

Various other complaints aside, the current implementation of the knockback allows you to control it. Any suggestion that simply removes the knock back and makes it knock down only or that makes the power targeted instead of placed really just indicates a player who doesn’t understand how to use the power.

• Thumbs Down 2

On 11/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, Tyrannical said:

Seismic Blast and Stone Armor are coming to Sentinels, but they need to have some powers replaced (namely Tombstone and Mud Pots) in order for them to fit the Archetype.

In addition to that, they need to balance both powersets around the Sentinel Archetype so that it isn't over/underperforming compared to other options. It may take some time to get it right, which is likely why we didn't see it rolled out with the current Stone content, but it is definitely something that is being worked on.

'Still hoping we'll get an Earth-themed epic for them eventually, as well. I faked one with my Water/Fire/Ice elementalist by coloring the ice powers bright green to match the Oranbegan crystals... But I'd love to have a "real" Earth epic for him instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Various other complaints aside, the current implementation of the knockback allows you to control it. Any suggestion that simply removes the knock back and makes it knock down only or that makes the power targeted instead of placed really just indicates a player who doesn’t understand how to use the power.

I think that goes more to you ASSUMING I don't, versus being well aware of how you WOULD use it in it's current form, versus not liking it to begin with. It also assumes according to what you said, that you would be unable to be skilled enough to control it had it be target based and the kb occurred off your location.

Get off your "high" horse you're embarrasing yourself. Fyi, you can control it when it's based off you as a targeted power a LOT better than you can on a long impact power where the enemies can move around in position to the location power. You're really just showing arrogance versus actual understanding and are trying to pop shots. Get over yourself and try being ACTUALLY constructive for once.

• Thumbs Down 2