Jump to content

Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3


The Curator
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Holy balls seriously, get rid of the dumb -perception and confuse... Also, psy is bad enough on the bosses, they don't need to be doing mez on top of it too, especially with them still having MOG...


Don’t get rid of the Confuse. That power can have some absolutely hilarious outcomes for the unwary.😂

  • Haha 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sorry I didn't get to test Seismic Blast more in Beta.

 

There seem to be some bugs in the buff display, the seismic pressure stacks don't always appear.

 

I'm not certain, but I sort of think the chance for knockdown in the aura effect is not high enough. I can't depend on guys near me getting knocked down. I don't think the shockwaves can be color customized unfortunately.

 

That said, it seems like the powers are all working correctly, the animations are different and creative, the set has a unique visual style. The damage is good, so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seismic Blast attacks seem to continue to reduce the cooldown of other Seismic Blast attacks even after you have achieved Seismic Shockwaves, though more stacks of Seismic Pressure do not appear. Is this the correct behavior?

 

It sort of feels like a bug, but I can't quite tell.

Edited by Wavicle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Seismic Blast attacks seem to continue to reduce the cooldown of other Seismic Blast attacks even after you have achieved Seismic Shockwaves, though more stacks of Seismic Pressure do not appear. Is this the correct behavior?

It is. The cooldown reduction mechanic is separate from shockwaves. As long as you're on the ground while using a seismic blast attack, it will reduce the cooldown of all other seismic blast attacks.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with the new design concept we see in Electric getting special benefit being paired with Electric or Seismic being paired with Earth.

But it would be very cool if there other little perks like that from NON matched sets in some cases.

 

Like, for example, if having Assault Rifle and Atomic Manipulation gave Radiation to your AR attacks somehow..."synergies" are very cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

 

Gravity Control [Focused Feedback: Various Power Changes]

The power FX system has been enhanced to be able to synchronize certain RNG-dependent effects. The most visible effect of this is that Gravity Control's Propel will summon the same object on everyone's screen.

 

 

THIS!

I know, maybe to some this doesn't seem to be such an important fix. But hurling stuff into mobs and watching chat explode on why I just threw a chair/desk/car at someone made me cringe. Me going: "I just launched a pool table into the guy, what are you guys talking about?!"

 

@retrobytz ~ Everlasting ~ usually online daily between 18:00 and 20:00 UTC
Signature Characters: Star Jewel | Emberflair | Mystfury | Lumitia | Miss Unity | 
Novaspark

Other characters - Starlight Sentinels on Fandom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So a general comment of concern. I see that the stats for Meteor have still not been fixed making it literally the worst nuke in the game.

 

Cons:

1. Longest recharge shared with Blizzard

2. Lowest damaging nuke shared with nova etc, per rech should be higher.

3. Crazy high kb mag, forcing you to put a kb-kd in it and wasting another slot.

4. Long time until the actual damage hits, on a location power. Meaning that most buffs you have on you, unless you literally start with it, will wear off by the time the meteor actually hits, making it do even less damage than comparable nukes. Gaussians proc being a huge example of this.

5. No beneficial secondary effect like other nukes, if it was only kd not needing to slot a kb-kd I would may say ok. But since it's location based, that ALSO means the knockback, is from the center of the location, not YOU. So if you don't put a kb-kd in it, the mobs will fly in all directions. Unlike nova for example, you can literally cast it as you're jumping out of the mob, and the mob will fly all in the same direction away from YOU.

 

Pros:

1. It... looks cool?....

 

I don't care if in some instances it may look a tiny bit weird, but making it target based would solve these issues at the very least, and a rech reduction.

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
15 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Cons:

1. Longest recharge shared with Blizzard

2. Lowest damaging nuke shared with nova etc, per rech should be higher.

Thunderous Blast also has 170s recharge (typical for ranged nukes). However Seismic Blast has a mechanic the lowers the cooldown of its attacks when using other Seismic Blast attacks, so technically Meteor will recharge faster than the 170s base would suggest.

 

Meteor does 4.0 scale damage which is typical of most nukes and is definitely not the lowest damage (Rain of Arrow, Full Auto, and others do less).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Booper said:

Thunderous Blast also has 170s recharge (typical for ranged nukes). However Seismic Blast has a mechanic the lowers the cooldown of its attacks when using other Seismic Blast attacks, so technically Meteor will recharge faster than the 170s base would suggest.

 

Meteor does 4.0 scale damage which is typical of most nukes and is definitely not the lowest damage (Rain of Arrow, Full Auto, and others do less).

Those also recharge MUCH faster at base to make up for the lower damage. Obviously it would regard damage versus recharge, not JUST damage. And that also means the cooldown, is off base recharge which is higher, meaning overall recharges longer when buffs/bonuses/slotting are applied etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

So a general comment of concern. I see that the stats for Meteor have still not been fixed making it literally the worst nuke in the game.

 

Cons:

1. Longest recharge shared with Blizzard

2. Lowest damaging nuke shared with nova etc, per rech should be higher.

3. Crazy high kb mag, forcing you to put a kb-kd in it and wasting another slot.

4. Long time until the actual damage hits, on a location power. Meaning that most buffs you have on you, unless you literally start with it, will wear off by the time the meteor actually hits, making it do even less damage than comparable nukes. Gaussians proc being a huge example of this.

5. No beneficial secondary effect like other nukes, if it was only kd not needing to slot a kb-kd I would may say ok. But since it's location based, that ALSO means the knockback, is from the center of the location, not YOU. So if you don't put a kb-kd in it, the mobs will fly in all directions. Unlike nova for example, you can literally cast it as you're jumping out of the mob, and the mob will fly all in the same direction away from YOU.

 

Pros:

1. It... looks cool?....

 

I don't care if in some instances it may look a tiny bit weird, but making it target based would solve these issues at the very least, and a rech reduction.


First, the set comes with a recharge reduction mechanic. The power does have a unique special effect: it knocks back from a location of your choosing. No other power in the game does that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Booper said:

Thunderous Blast also has 170s recharge (typical for ranged nukes). However Seismic Blast has a mechanic the lowers the cooldown of its attacks when using other Seismic Blast attacks, so technically Meteor will recharge faster than the 170s base would suggest.

 

Meteor does 4.0 scale damage which is typical of most nukes and is definitely not the lowest damage (Rain of Arrow, Full Auto, and others do less).

TB is also target based, and does insane end drain and -recovery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Rep
1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

The power does have a unique special effect: it knocks back from a location of your choosing. No other power in the game does that.

Bonfire. But almost no one uses this, they turn it into a kd fest, instead. Because in general, teams HATE knock back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...