Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3

The Curator

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

-perception is wholly unfair in pve without something to boost. Can you at least make it work like ours does so if they attack we can still see them?

This is nothing new. Fortunatas, the Tarantula Mistresses, etc. all have done this for years.

Pop a yellow, use Tactics - and some armor (and other?) sets all counter it.

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

What does this note mean?

As I'm reading it, /powexec location (or whatever that command is) won't let you teleport somewhere you can't see. If you manually select it (to places you can see with the camera and place a cursor,) you can still get there.

As for the rest...

Still unhappy with Volt. Sentinel being turned into an offensive, can get detoggled when mezzed toggle. Kills the usefulness to me on anything but a sentinel, and given my first 50 (remade here) was an elec/elec blaster from way back in the day was an elec/elec blaster, and it's part of what *made* the character who she was, it disappoints me more than it sounds like it warrants.  Love absolutely everything else so far, really. (Preparing for the inevitable "ur rong iz awesome" responses to actually having an opinion and not liking this change.) The VS change just affects characters near and dear to me and was (IMHO) not needed, so it just personally has a much bigger impact.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

34 minutes ago, Greycat said:

This is nothing new. Fortunatas, the Tarantula Mistresses, etc. all have done this for years.

As I'm reading it, /powexec location (or whatever that command is) won't let you teleport somewhere you can't see. If you manually select it (to places you can see with the camera and place a cursor,) you can still get there.

As for the rest...

Still unhappy with Volt. Sentinel being turned into an offensive, can get detoggled when mezzed toggle. Kills the usefulness to me on anything but a sentinel, and given my first 50 (remade here) was an elec/elec blaster from way back in the day was an elec/elec blaster, and it's part of what *made* the character who she was, it disappoints me more than it sounds like it warrants.  Love absolutely everything else so far, really. (Preparing for the inevitable "ur rong iz awesome" responses to actually having an opinion and not liking this change.) The VS change just affects characters near and dear to me and was (IMHO) not needed, so it just personally has a much bigger impact.

Good news is you can resummon the Voltaic Sentinel in 10 seconds.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Good news is you can resummon the Voltaic Sentinel in 10 seconds.

... not the point.  (See the first sentence about it.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

45 minutes ago, Greycat said:

some armor (and other?) sets all counter it

Support Sets with Ally or Self and Ally +Per or Enemy -Stealth : Empathy, Sonic Resonance, Storm Summoning, Cold Domination, Pain Domination, Time Manipulation

Also a couple Blaster and Dominator Secondaries.

There are also now 2 different +Per IOs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Sentinel being turned into an offensive, can get detoggled when mezzed toggle. Kills the usefulness to me on anything but a sentinel, and given my first 50 (remade here) was an elec/elec blaster from way back in the day was an elec/elec blaster, and it's part of what *made* the character who she was, it disappoints me more than it sounds like it warrants.

I understand your frustration with this change, but it does seem like your very good advice to the other poster about popping Yellows or using a pool power or something applies pretty much equally to this. Pop a break free, use RoP, Clarion, boost up your defense, etc. I believe the power is supposed to be balanced against tier 3 attacks like Power Burst or Bitter Ice Blast, not against Pets like Gun Drone, since it can't be killed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

That is precisely the reason I avoid arachnos at all costs. Way too annoying for a broken mechanic. If we could see them still in melee range or when they attack that would be a different story. But currently, it's auto hit from the npc version, and is actually THE most OP form of control by npcs if you don't have a proper inspiration/tactics to combat it.

9 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I understand your frustration with this change, but it does seem like your very good advice to the other poster about popping Yellows or using a pool power or something applies pretty much equally to this. Pop a break free, use RoP, Clarion, boost up your defense, etc. I believe the power is supposed to be balanced against tier 3 attacks like Power Burst or Bitter Ice Blast, not against Pets like Gun Drone, since it can't be killed.

Honestly, toggles being able to be mezzed off is one of the biggest issues/annoyances in the game. IMO all toggles should only suppress when mezzed, not toggled off completely.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

My sincere thanks to the Dev team for their continued efforts.  There is something here for just about any player.  And, while not everyone will be happy with everything in it, the game just continues to get better than the live version, with every new update!  After 15 years, I'm still playing CoH, and I couldn't be happier about that!

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

51 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Support Sets with Ally or Self and Ally +Per or Enemy -Stealth : Empathy, Sonic Resonance, Storm Summoning, Cold Domination, Pain Domination, Time Manipulation

Also a couple Blaster and Dominator Secondaries.

There are also now 2 different +Per IOs.

Seems like the NPC versions of the blinding powers are way more powerful than the Player versions, unless the NPCs all have +perception or immediately pop Yellows as soon as they are attacked. 

When mobs use 'em I cannot see at all without +perception.

But when I use the same powers on mobs, as soon as I attack entire spawn (seemingly) can see and return fire.

I've started taking Focused Accuracy or Tactics with the +perception IO, but that only helps in the Epic Pool levels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ninja surprise said:

Seems like the NPC versions of the blinding powers are way more powerful than the Player versions, unless the NPCs all have +perception or immediately pop Yellows as soon as they are attacked. 

When mobs use 'em I cannot see at all without +perception.

But when I use the same powers on mobs, as soon as I attack entire spawn (seemingly) can see and return fire.

I've started taking Focused Accuracy or Tactics with the +perception IO, but that only helps in the Epic Pool levels.

yes the powers work differently for mobs and players

• Thumbs Up 1

From my point of view the arachnos and crey got so much better, now they feel like a real threat and not just food for the grind, while the first time I got utterly blinded was frustrating, then hilariously despairing, was overcome quickly by using aoes, inspirations, temps and incarnates when allowed and adjusting the build a bit, plus if you run on a team with some support they could cover you, now, if we run solo, on high difficulties, without inspirations, temps and/or incarnates, well, its a given they will kick our ass, or at least, frustrate us to their content.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

2 hours ago, Gruntius said:

Amazing update guys, I continue to be impressed by how much work you put in. Do you have any idea how long I've wanted those gunslinger bows without needing to also have the sash that comes with them

One thing I thought was weird though, you added the gold bricker gloves, boots, goggles, jetpack and 3 types of pants but no chest pieces? I'm curious, was there something uniquely difficult about making the chest piece or do the in game Gold Brickers use some kind of generic chest piece or something?

755205236_Screenshot2021-11-26155217.thumb.png.09d3048b1cd9a57fbcbc04bd1c09258e.png

Also if the unique costume pieces of the Talons of Fate enemy group could be added in some future update that would be amazing

Most commonly, the traditional Goldbricker look is a Retro jacket, with no special tinting to even justify a Legacy version.

That said, Boomers have a chest pattern I don't think we can replicate, and a few of the others use chest details we don't have access to in the Jackets category.

There's also a SG base empowerment buff that gives +perc.  

Didn't even realize they added another +perc IO too, that's nice.  I'm thinking that could make combat teleport (where I believe you can slot both) a very nice alternative to taking tactics/focused accuracy for the +perc.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Curator said:

Gravity Control [Focused Feedback: Various Power Changes]

The power FX system has been enhanced to be able to synchronize certain RNG-dependent effects. The most visible effect of this is that Gravity Control's Propel will summon the same object on everyone's screen.

Aww, there goes my favorite drinking game...

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

15 hours ago, The Curator said:

Only story arcs that reward 5 merits or more will count towards the challenge badges.

Is there any way to make this explicit in-game?  Like maybe a message in the Flashback challenge window saying that badges won’t be granted for that mission?  The updated requirement for challenge badges (which means that arcs that award incarnate components instead of merits no longer count for challenge badges, either) seems to be confusing enough people that some in-game warning might be useful.

Edited by Zhym
  • Thumbs Up 2

I must say...I am impressed.

I don't think I'll actually do this, but part of me does feel tempted to make a Claude Rains tribute-Blaster....

spacer.png

• Haha 2

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

3 hours ago, Wavicle said:

New drinking game: everybody drinks when the kitchen sink appears.

...when the car appears, hard liquor-time!

Consider it a show of good faith to your foes: They're not the only ones getting smashed.

Edited by AspieAnarchy
  • Thumbs Up 1

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem