Trying to decide what AT for my DB character.

JnEricsonx

You might try pairing Dual Blades and Stone Armour. The proc on Brimstone scales with cast time, not recharge, and Stone Armour really only has Earth's Embrace as a click, so there isn't a lot to interfere with your combos. There are a couple of stone looking options for blades if you don't want to just play a variant of "The Sword in the Stone" where the stone becomes the one true monarch.

• Like 1

I have a Fire/DB tanker.  Put knockdown procs in both Typhoon's Edge and Sweeping Strike.  With Tanker's bigger AoEs, I tend to knock entire crowds on their asses all the time.  Also Fiery Embrace and Melt Armor help offset the lower damage.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

DB remains really nice on a Scrapper on account of how the Critical Strikes ATO fits very nicely into Blinding Feint, buffing up the Critical Hit rate of your combos pretty significantly.

On the Willpower side of things, assuming you're still committed to that too (since others have suggested other secondaries), because WP has such a wide variety of protections, it honestly works pretty well with any AT.  So IMO you might as well stick to being a Scrapper for the offensive benefit with DB.

Dual Blades does very good single-target damage (on every AT), while having a very good (if short) cone attack (so good that it's actually fine as a ST attack), and a "regular" PBAoE, plus its T9, which is, you know, fine.  I think your concern should be dominated by which AT's overall style you like better -- DB is pretty consistent between the ATs.

Willpower is a solid mitigation set with no offensive adds on every AT, but as a healing-oriented set it scales heavily to the overall HP of the AT, so it's significantly better on Tankers/Brutes than Scrappers/Stalkers.  In particular, comparing brutes and scrappers, you do get significantly better mitigation on brutes than scrappers (which isn't really true for some other sets).  If you don't like getting the +hp accolades, you might want to bias more towards brutes/tanks for WP?

I ❤️ the DB/WP types I had back in the day... I had a Stalker, a Tank and a Scrap and I adored all three of them. (Grey Kestrel and Palrah, the Stalker and Tank, were my red- and blue-side mains.) I'd say you can't go far wrong with any of the choices, honestly. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Brute is best given the options, but Tank is best for WP.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 11/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

I have a Fire/DB tanker.  Put knockdown procs in both Typhoon's Edge and Sweeping Strike.  With Tanker's bigger AoEs, I tend to knock entire crowds on their asses all the time.  Also Fiery Embrace and Melt Armor help offset the lower damage.

I second this.

Fire/DB Tanker full recharge build can spam sweeping strike  with burn and fiery embrace is just insane aoe damage and can play a a farmer to.  Plus two huge fire swords are a lot of fun.

Also I made a fully build DB/energy stalker I stop playing it because I always wish it was a scrapper.

Edited by Ironscarlet

• 2 weeks later

Dual blades is best on scrappers and stalkers. It’s a top tier melee set for both of those archetypes. I feel like it does decent on tankers as well. I feel like brutes get the least out of the set because they don’t get as much benefit out of blinding feint. Still it’s a great melee set for any archetype. 

If willpower is the armor set you are set on, then I do either tanker or scrapper depending on if you want more damage or more survivability. 

If you are open to other armor sets, then I’d recommend either energy aura or bio armor. Bio armor gives another nice boost to damage and can put out some impressive damage with dual blades. Energy aura is just a very robust armor (one of the best in the game) and offers everything except good psi protection. Dual blades loves recharge and energy aura helps with that directly and also indirectly through build flexibility. 

My top recommendations for dual blades:

1. Dual blades/bio scrapper

2. Dual blades/energy aura stalker

If you wanted a willpower and dual blades combo, I’d try it on tankers to see if you like it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1