New Badge - Counter Sniper

laudwic

More annoying in FF. YOu can get stuck in a crossfire there really easily... and as level 30-40, it can hurt more.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

If it's not going to be called "sniper no sniping" then you've lost my vote.

I like it, but "Snipe Hunt" is better.  Badge would be a hand holding a bag on the ground with a flashlight in the other hand shining into the bag.

Honestly, if the badge isn't called something along the lines of "Those Poor Fools" or "You Cannot Be Serious" then it's a missed opportunity.

Who in their right mind applies for a job sitting on a roof-top in FF or PI for the purpose of taking pot-shots at beings that can throw cars, teleport between dimensions, pull meteors from the sky, or assail them with a horde of literal demons?  Or in some cases much, much worse?

"Hmm... that hero flying by covered with auras of lethal radiation and capable of throwing me across town looks harmless enough even though I just watched them sweep the pavement with a half dozen CoT mages.  I'm sure this .308 round will do the trick from extreme range, lemmie just check my windage ...."

🤣

FF/PI Snipers are either willfully self-destructive, or the job is the Crey/Malta/Nemesis equivalent of being sent to do "research" at a Cold Weather Testing facility in Siberia.

Totally support a series badge for them though, sometimes it's fun to take a moment to remind them how dangerous their job can be. 😄

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:56 AM, InvaderStych said:

Who in their right mind applies for a job sitting on a roof-top in FF or PI for the purpose of taking pot-shots at beings that can throw cars, teleport between dimensions, pull meteors from the sky, or assail them with a horde of literal demons?  Or in some cases much, much worse?

Sounds like either punishment duty, or, more likely, rookie hazing to me (along the lines of going to get "brake light fluid" or "skyhooks").

Snipe Hunt is definitely a good name for a badge in this series, perhaps for defeating all of the different types of sniper (and/or other long-range minions, like Council marksmen)

On 12/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, Greycat said:

More annoying in FF. YOu can get stuck in a crossfire there really easily... and as level 30-40, it can hurt more.

Yikes.  Bad flashbacks to 2004-me trying to find the Tech SO contact in Founders Falls, and subsequently deciding that the east end of the zone was to thereafter be called "Sniper Alley."

Flah forward a week or so, a new friend asking me where the Tech SO guy is, and I was like, "I'll tell you, but you can't make me go!"  🙂

For the Snipe Hunt badge, make the badge art a small bird (a snipe) looking terrified at the viewpoint as it's encircled by a large circular crosshair.  Something like this, but in CoH's badge art style.

Please excuse the crappy mockup; visual artist I am not.

image.png.e8a5f82566bfa98f5aec82d72a29e1e5.png

(Original photo by Mohammad Khorshed, posted on kuwaitbirds.org)

Edited by Nerva
Credit where credit is due
  • Like 1