If I wanted to make the most "Badass / Can Run Solo Without a Team," Scrapper, I would make...?

00Troy00

14 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Will just drop this here.

a light amount of slot/enh shuffling can use your ~23% SL Res wasted overshoot to improve ENFC Res, the End ratio, D.Pain uptime, +HP, and add a P.Transfer heal proc (mule auto R.P.Dam, T.Coat in R.Elements/Energies, try S.Wall in Def toggles, drop 6th from Hem, etc).

in Shred & S.Leap, +4% free Acc from 2 Enh changes (still 3/3 of same sets).

if you move C.Jump's 2nd slot to T.Hide +5 standard IO, it's a small net increase for free.

also consider Soul for your ranged ST & hold (higher DPAs?), which opens up Meld for oh-noes moments & added DDR/Alpha buffer. makes a good LotG mule too, when it's not a power you have to lean-on (like a Regen would).

could be other stuff i'm not seeing yet from a glance, but those are mostly free increases w/o losing anything at all.  
;D

Edited by Krazie Ivan

9 hours ago, Sovera said:

I'm not 100% sold on proc bombing being the right approach for Scrappers. This is opinion and not backed by math. But, the strength of the Scrapper is the critical chance. Procs don't crit. So maximizing damage so that it amplifies crits seems smarter.

And that's without mentioning all the problems that proc bombing has like stealing recharge and endurance reduction, furthermore when coupled with Shield that has no means to recover it.

Like you, I was quite skeptical of the idea. But I can't deny the impact it's had when I tested on a pylon (and in content). I don't use as many procs as some, for sure, as I tend to favor survivability and soloing hard content. The key is to proc out key powers while maintaining enough recharge to keep your chain gapless and enough defense/res to survive. One of the reasons I like shield is because I can sacrifice more set bonuses than the others and still be tough enough. And typically I do 3 or 4 procs and then slot the rest for acc/dmg. I usually run musculature so I typically still get over 100% enhanced dmg where I do more dmg over time with more procs rather than the marginal benefit of more dmg slotting (due to ED). 

Re recovery, I mostly run ageless and DM's +end fills in the rest (does pretty good dmg as well).

3 hours ago, dzyp2 said:

Like you, I was quite skeptical of the idea. But I can't deny the impact it's had when I tested on a pylon (and in content). I don't use as many procs as some, for sure, as I tend to favor survivability and soloing hard content. The key is to proc out key powers while maintaining enough recharge to keep your chain gapless and enough defense/res to survive. One of the reasons I like shield is because I can sacrifice more set bonuses than the others and still be tough enough. And typically I do 3 or 4 procs and then slot the rest for acc/dmg. I usually run musculature so I typically still get over 100% enhanced dmg where I do more dmg over time with more procs rather than the marginal benefit of more dmg slotting (due to ED). 

Re recovery, I mostly run ageless and DM's +end fills in the rest (does pretty good dmg as well).

Proc bombing is TOTALLY better DPS than straight through setting in SOME instances, not all. Like, Rad Melee? Set straight through does OK ST DPS. Proc bombed? It becomes really good. I've personally seen a BS/BIO (and BS is notorious for being a very underperforming set) do some really good ST DPS when proc bombed. I haven't been able to figure out how to proc bomb a build and have it not rely on outside buffs though (temps or team buffs). Like @Sovera was talking about, you really hinder the efficiency of your build in other areas when doing this. It's fun when you can find a balance in a build, though.

I was definitely skeptical of it, but after doing it myself with SOME builds and seeing it with others, it is absolutely viable. You sacrifice a lot if you solo play, or refuse to use temps though.

I've actually found that proc bombing Dark Melee's Touch of Fear makes it pretty decent and reliable AOE. This is probably old news to some.  I personally slot Dark Consumption for DMG to have another AOE boost. It does surprisingly well mixed in with Soul Drain, ToF, and Ball Lightning.

Edited by SomeGuy

On 1/1/2022 at 1:40 AM, Parabola said:

It feels like mobs are running more these days but then again I could accept that could be just a perception thing. The ai behaviour is such a hard thing to measure after all. I'm running an ea scrapper currently and while I'm fairly sure the taunt aura does something, I'm still experiencing plenty of runners. Shockwave and focus are a great help in that regard though.

Interesting, I noticed the same thing a few patches back. Exactly when? Not sure. If it's actually a thing, wasn't in the patch notes. When did you notice it?

15 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

a light amount of slot/enh shuffling can use your ~23% SL Res wasted overshoot to improve ENFC Res, the End ratio, D.Pain uptime, +HP, and add a P.Transfer heal proc (mule auto R.P.Dam, T.Coat in R.Elements/Energies, try S.Wall in Def toggles, drop 6th from Hem, etc).

if you move C.Jump's 2nd slot to T.Hide +5 standard IO, it's a small net increase for free.

also consider Soul for your ranged ST & hold (higher DPAs?), which opens up Meld for oh-noes moments & added DDR/Alpha buffer. makes a good LotG mule too, when it's not a power you have to lean-on (like a Regen would).

could be other stuff i'm not seeing yet from a glance, but those are mostly free increases w/o losing anything at all.  
;D

Post a build with the changes you suggest.

We can then directly compare them.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

7 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Interesting, I noticed the same thing a few patches back. Exactly when? Not sure. If it's actually a thing, wasn't in the patch notes. When did you notice it?

Yeah I can't really say either. It's just a feeling I've had over a period of time. Having no idea how the ai is coded it's hard to speculate on what is going on, I imagine that mobs fleeing is based around a number of decision points and various things could have changed that might affect it. Maybe it's not that they are making the initial decision to flee more often but are sticking with that decision more rigidly for example. More determined to carry it out if you like. As I say I have no actual evidence and totally accept that this could just be perception bias though.

12 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:
On 1/7/2022 at 9:58 AM, Krazie Ivan said:

;D

eh?
...you want me to do all the work for ya? despite already taking a look, identifying freebie opportunities, & offering steps for further optimization? i mean, if you were a newer player i could see it, just to help visually ...but you know the lingo/program/etc... don't think ya need your hand held, mate.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

eh?
...you want me to do all the work for ya? despite already taking a look, identifying freebie opportunities, & offering steps for further optimization? i mean, if you were a newer player i could see it, just to help visually ...but you know the lingo/program/etc... don't think ya need your hand held, mate.

You're the one suggesting the changes, claiming "better".
It's on you to provide the proof.

Because if *I* do it, and it doesn't, you claim "you did it WRONG".

So, I want you to put your money where your mouth is.
Because I want to see what you're LOSING by making these changes as well.

You have my baseline build.
You've suggested some minor changes.
Make them and repost the modified build.

I'm not asking you to write it out, long-form, by hand.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 12/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, 00Troy00 said:

Is it actually possible to solo a TF or AV? Never heard of that.

I've just recently started doing solo TFs with my Savage/Bio Scrapper. Started with the Eden trial when it was a Weekly and got through it fine, including both the big walls and the Crystal Titan.  I died once because I forgot to collect the good Inspriations but after picking some up on the way back from the hospital I clobbered him just fine.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, 00Troy00 said:

I only have enough cash to make one!

Any/all ideas are welcome!

Remember the Test server - you can spin up and equip a character in about 30 minutes. Run some PI radios or Ouro flashbacks to see how you like it before investing a ton of time and money into it.

On 12/19/2021 at 7:50 PM, 00Troy00 said:

How does Claws compare to Savage Melee?

I realize it may not be a question of better or worse, but rather differences. The thing is, I don't know enough about Savage Melee to really judge.

I like 'em both because they're both quiet and smooth.  Not sure how to explain, but like Foot Stomp and Soul Drain - if you hit a lot of enemies they become super loud. Other attack sets also have really loud attacks.  

Claws gets AoE earlier and has two ranged attacks and one cone backflip cone that people skip.  A couple attacks need KB->KD if you hate chasing floppers. Build-up is built into an attack you'd use all the time anyway and the two ranged attacks are plain awesome. Claws are a costume piece that you have to integrate into your costume and concept.

Savage has a super fun teleport attack, a cone and a 360 PBAoE that fills your screen with super sweet slashing graphics.   Truth be told the VFX and SFX is what I like most about it and Savage Leap is a blast. Except it doesn't work against some targets, like the prison doors in Yin, the buff-towers in Miss Liberty TF and the portal generators in the last mission of Lady Gray's TF.  No ranged attacks, but does have built-in knockdown. Has a funky self-buff mechanic where you build Blood Frenzy that gives you an endurance discount and damage buff.  No weapon redraw.  Has a stupid power that most people skip.

Bill's my nemesis, I love Savage and "neh" Claws. They're both good sets. Claws is a better by straight numbers, 'specially if you build his optimum attack chain though. But my main is a Savage/Bio Brute named Fleas and he's a beast!

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

You're the one suggesting the changes, claiming "better".
It's on you to provide the proof.

...holy defensiveness, EGOman!
lol, i do believe you came into a discussion about "most badass" & dropped off a build like 'HERE IT IS. end of discussion' ...which obviously i'm interested to see & hopefully learn somethin from. you do happen to have your own HEAVILY viewed thread on Inv, & i see many peeps thank you & lay praise, so hopes were high. 

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

put your money where your mouth is.
Because I want to see what you're LOSING by making these changes

curious where this hostility is comin from, as my suggestions/post were entirely focused on helpin you... but maybe i should have seen it coming, due to the aforementioned mic-drop style of your post?
whatever the case...
#2 & 3 of my suggestions are spelled out plainly enough to be obvious win/wins (nothin lost).
#4 was nearly the same, but a pool change that could utilize the same sets (again, no losses, all gains), and just a nice option (Meld) that becomes avail (a more "badass" power, imo, than SJ).
#1 was absolutely more complex/involved, but i figured gently leading into the idea of changes (and why/where to pull from; the SL overshoot) was a more respectable way to approach than treating you like you'll not understand the moves on your own. if there's overshoot, there's a way to better distribute the resources -but you now this by now. i'll take responsibility for this assumption & my less-than-100%-walkthrough of these changes, so, 3/4 proven.

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

You've suggested some minor changes.
Make them and repost the modified build.

how bout no?
how bout you take your ego down a notch (or 10), and appreciate when someone takes the time to politely help your build be better... maybe even say thanks... you know, the way some peeps have given you for your Inv thread - bit of respect & appreciation - a two-way street, imo. and WHY IN THE WORLD would i do it after the way you've responded to me here (the short retorts & phrasing are clear in the 2nd)?

but hey, it's not all bad. you still get 3 of 4 improvements to your build, w/o any losses. you're welcome.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:30 PM, Blackjoy said:

You know, this is a whole thread by itself.   There's good and bad to even the QoL changes.  Back in i4 when you had to Sprint around KR, there was a real sense of danger.   Now, with LRT and Athletic Run, that's all but gone.  Unless you get hit by Rikti Ship in PI, when's the last time anyone died in transit?  Those things added an element to the game, created an experience that is now largely gone.  Sure, for all of us who did the grind back in the day, I am loving the changes, but I don't regret having played hard mode back in the day.  

One thing I'm glad they didn't change is the monorail.  You have to wait for the doors to open before you can select your city.  I like that.  It makes it feel slightly more real as opposed to the position of the doors having no impact.  Others may disagree, but I think those little things are important.

When I started way back on Live I played for months rolling a toon, getting up to 5 in Galaxy or AP, heading into the Hollows, and working through those missions before starting all over again. It was months before I realized I could go to Kings Row instead. But probably before that I got a toon up to level 18 and I couldn't believe I had a toon that high. Went from Hollows in to Skyway and entered into the red zone where there were level 19's and I just ran scared trying to survive. 

Sure it's fun traveling the hard way the first few hundred times but I really do appreciate being able to TP around quicker. Plus it makes me feel more Super not having to hoof it like a lowbie.

I wish the tram let us pick our destination whether or not the doors were open. I wouldn't mind waiting for them to close and open again. But it's annoying having to watch them or risk missing the window to click while it's closed. Real train stations ask where you're going when you get there.

4 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

...holy defensiveness, EGOman!
lol, i do believe you came into a discussion about "most badass" & dropped off a build like 'HERE IT IS. end of discussion' ...which obviously i'm interested to see & hopefully learn somethin from. you do happen to have your own HEAVILY viewed thread on Inv, & i see many peeps thank you & lay praise, so hopes were high. 

curious where this hostility is comin from, as my suggestions/post were entirely focused on helpin you... but maybe i should have seen it coming, due to the aforementioned mic-drop style of your post?
whatever the case...
#2 & 3 of my suggestions are spelled out plainly enough to be obvious win/wins (nothin lost).
#4 was nearly the same, but a pool change that could utilize the same sets (again, no losses, all gains), and just a nice option (Meld) that becomes avail (a more "badass" power, imo, than SJ).
#1 was absolutely more complex/involved, but i figured gently leading into the idea of changes (and why/where to pull from; the SL overshoot) was a more respectable way to approach than treating you like you'll not understand the moves on your own. if there's overshoot, there's a way to better distribute the resources -but you now this by now. i'll take responsibility for this assumption & my less-than-100%-walkthrough of these changes, so, 3/4 proven.

how bout no?
how bout you take your ego down a notch (or 10), and appreciate when someone takes the time to politely help your build be better... maybe even say thanks... you know, the way some peeps have given you for your Inv thread - bit of respect & appreciation - a two-way street, imo. and WHY IN THE WORLD would i do it after the way you've responded to me here (the short retorts & phrasing are clear in the 2nd)?

but hey, it's not all bad. you still get 3 of 4 improvements to your build, w/o any losses. you're welcome.

Seriously?  You're going to take THIS angle?

Someone asked a QUESTION.

I dropped a general build in for people's perusal.  Something concrete that people could actually review.
I never claimed it was "the toughest".  Nor did I say "end of discussion".  That's YOU reading YOUR problems into it.

You made a claim that certain changes would make it tougher.
But when asked to do the legwork to back up your claim, you were the one who went all wounded ego.

Nice Alinsky tactic by the way...

Your tactics were designed to "help".
And I asked for a build modified the way you're talking about.
Making your changes would have taken, what?  Five minutes, since you already have my build as a base?

As to "how about no?"

Then you're full of crap and I have no more time for you.

Bye!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

When I started way back on Live I played for months rolling a toon, getting up to 5 in Galaxy or AP, heading into the Hollows, and working through those missions before starting all over again. It was months before I realized I could go to Kings Row instead. But probably before that I got a toon up to level 18 and I couldn't believe I had a toon that high. Went from Hollows in to Skyway and entered into the red zone where there were level 19's and I just ran scared trying to survive. 

Sure it's fun traveling the hard way the first few hundred times but I really do appreciate being able to TP around quicker. Plus it makes me feel more Super not having to hoof it like a lowbie.

I wish the tram let us pick our destination whether or not the doors were open. I wouldn't mind waiting for them to close and open again. But it's annoying having to watch them or risk missing the window to click while it's closed. Real train stations ask where you're going when you get there.

Sure, for those of us who grew up walking up hill both ways to school in the snow in April, this is way better. I absolutely agree the LRT is great.  Ouro is great.  I love /ah.  But if you didn't grow up back in the old days, you probably don't realize how cool those new things are.  But it's just funny how a friend asked me if I had anything low and I said that was my blaster that I made yesterday and is now level 22.  Got 7 levels in one TF...lol.  Good times.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blackjoy said:

Sure, for those of us who grew up walking up hill both ways to school in the snow in April, this is way better. I absolutely agree the LRT is great.  Ouro is great.  I love /ah.  But if you didn't grow up back in the old days, you probably don't realize how cool those new things are.  

Heck, if you weren't around back then you probably don't appreciate the concept of Taxi Bots in the Hollows, or wherever else they popped up!  Oh boy they were the real heroes!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/9/2022 at 12:42 AM, Hyperstrike said:

you're full of crap

3 out of 4 tips already proven say i'm not (*mic tap* hello?).
as for the 4th, what's in it for me to bother proving that now, after your nasty lil retorts? unfortunately for you, my ego doesn't require that i prove anything to anyone, so what else would motivate me? you didn't respond well to genuine helpfulness in the form of horse-to-water, so my usual motivation is pretty well burnt there.

• Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

3 out of 4 tips already proven say i'm not (*mic tap* hello?).
as for the 4th, what's in it for me to bother proving that now, after your nasty lil retorts? unfortunately for you, my ego doesn't require that i prove anything to anyone, so what else would motivate me? you didn't respond well to genuine helpfulness in the form of horse-to-water, so my usual motivation is pretty well burnt there.

Since you cannot provide a build to compare against, you'll have to forgive me for not simply taking your word.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

you cannot provide a build

*will not
...choice, admittedly motivated by your written tone/demeanor.

2 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

simply taking your word

interesting that my word would be in question after the 3 simple changes check-out, i'm not making any wild claims, & there's zero precedent of me crappin on peeps' efforts around here (didn't even have any negativity towards you or your build in my original post). my MO has always been to help by typing out ideas for others to take to completion themselves, because that's how learning works, imo.
so who is this all about?

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

*will not
...choice, admittedly motivated by your written tone/demeanor.

I repeat.  Cannot.

23 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

interesting that my word would be in question after the 3 simple changes check-out, i'm not making any wild claims, & there's zero precedent of me crappin on peeps' efforts around here (didn't even have any negativity towards you or your build in my original post). my MO has always been to help by typing out ideas for others to take to completion themselves, because that's how learning works, imo.
so who is this all about?

Your word wasn't in question.

I simply asked for a copy of my build with your mods so I could do a comparison to see what is gained and what is lost.

You couldn't supply that.  And demanded I prove your point for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, Krazie Ivan said:

curious where this hostility is comin from...

As am I. I just read Hyperstrike's posts and felt/heard/whatever no hostility in his posts. If you're hearing an angry or hostile "tone of voice" in your own head when you read his posts, remember that that "tone of voice" is in your own head, Krazie.

That being the case, there's nothing that Hyper, or anyone else for that matter, can do to keep you from hearing hostile voices in your own head, Krazie.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

felt/heard/whatever no hostility in his posts

"put your money where your mouth is" is a friendly phrase in your area? seemed the intent was otherwise, given 3/4 indisputable suggestions were ignored, replies are all abrupt, & i got zero indication the input was welcomed (like a simple smiley or written gesture) but maybe not...  

before i post thought it'd be good to look it up, & apparently the phrase can go either way; 

a rude derogatory gesture indicating that their speech is Nonsense or you can Invite and Inspire healthy competition for someone to proove and/or Instill their self-worth 
...i've never in my life encountered it as anything other than the 1st, and even the 2nd indicates a challenge via "prove", but point taken & somethin new learned, thx. ;D

if the 2nd was your intent, @Hyperstrike, then my apologies.

9 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

"put your money where your mouth is" is a friendly phrase in your area? seemed the intent was otherwise, given 3/4 indisputable suggestions were ignored, replies are all abrupt, & i got zero indication the input was welcomed (like a simple smiley or written gesture) but maybe not...  

before i post thought it'd be good to look it up, & apparently the phrase can go either way; 

a rude derogatory gesture indicating that their speech is Nonsense or you can Invite and Inspire healthy competition for someone to proove and/or Instill their self-worth 
...i've never in my life encountered it as anything other than the 1st, and even the 2nd indicates a challenge via "prove", but point taken & somethin new learned, thx. ;D

if the 2nd was your intent, @Hyperstrike, then my apologies.

My initial reply asking for a build was for the simple purpose of expediently comparing how the changes affect the build.
Nothing more.
Wasn't to insult your suggestions.
Just wanted to see how YOU envisioned the changes so I didn't change something incorrectly and go "this is crap".

Then I get an evasive "Well, I gave you free advice!  Why aren't you thankful!"
The reason I'm not "thankful" is that "free advice" is usually not worth the price.
Especially when requests for illumination are met in such a manner.

If you can't be bothered, why should *I* bother?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/8/2022 at 12:12 AM, Hyperstrike said:

This was Hyper's original response to Krazie's first post.

On 1/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, Krazie Ivan said:

eh?

This was Krazie's response to what was said above. It doesn't take a genius to see who was coming off more hostile/aggressive right off the bat. Right now, Krazie is basically the dude on the sideline telling everyone on the court what they could do to improve their jumpshot, but than never actually showing their jumper lol.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

As am I. I just read Hyperstrike's posts and felt/heard/whatever no hostility in his posts. If you're hearing an angry or hostile "tone of voice" in your own head when you read his posts, remember that that "tone of voice" is in your own head, Krazie.

That being the case, there's nothing that Hyper, or anyone else for that matter, can do to keep you from hearing hostile voices in your own head, Krazie.

The name checks out.

Edited by StriderIV
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Krazie Ivan said:

"put your money where your mouth is" is a friendly phrase in your area?

Where I come from phrases like "put your money where your mouth is" and "it's on you to provide the proof" are simple statements that are neither friendly nor hostile, they are simply part and parcel of normal conversation.

My experience has been that people who get upset and accuse people of being hostile, after being called on their statements, are merely "tone policing" in an effort to not have to prove their unbelievable claims. "I would believe your facts if not for your hostile tone" is a tactic I've frequently seen used as justification to dismiss facts that the complainant dislikes, or doesn't want to admit are true, or to keep from having to admit that they were wrong and that the other person is right.

Being upset or offended doesn't change whether someone's argument is correct or not. It doesn't change the numbers no matter how much the "tone of voice" upsets you. In short, facts don't care about your feelings.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.