If I wanted to make the most "Badass / Can Run Solo Without a Team," Scrapper, I would make...?

00Troy00

22 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Heck, if you weren't around back then you probably don't appreciate the concept of Taxi Bots in the Hollows, or wherever else they popped up!  Oh boy they were the real heroes!

This brings back a lot of bad memories involving hovering across the hollows.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Lead Game Master
18 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

On that not Impervium… what is your favorite/what do you think some of the strongest scrapper combos are? =]

Anything I have to say on that would be coming from an... uneducated place, I'm sorry to admit! I only played a small number of scrappers on Live, and even less here on HC (I'm mostly a support/utility player on my game account). I'll leave the theory-crafting to the experts 😃

• Like 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

26 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

Anything I have to say on that would be coming from an... uneducated place, I'm sorry to admit! I only played a small number of scrappers on Live, and even less here on HC (I'm mostly a support/utility player on my game account). I'll leave the theory-crafting to the experts 😃

Fair enough! There a Defender recommendation thread over  in that sub, if you have any faves you want to share there 😉

On 12/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, StriderIV said:

Good to see you on the forums FUB! I’ve always loved your insight on posts. What makes Stone stick out to you on a Scrap? And specific primaries you’d pair with it?

I have one scrapper to 50, a DM/Shield. Wondering if Stone would be worth running, or if I should just got all offense with a /Bio scrapper haha 

hey thanks I pop in now and again =D

I made two Stone scrappers one Psi Melee and one TW, not the most popular but ones that I like

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, 00Troy00 said:

Is it actually possible to solo a TF or AV? Never heard of that.

I solo AV's on a lot of 50s. If you really think about it an AV is just a boss with a smidge of extra regen. I usually solo a TF on uh...so far I've only done it on my Poison/Fire fender cause, well, it's boring. imo

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 12/25/2021 at 4:52 PM, subbacultchas said:

Give the new Stone Armor a shot, It has a lot of good tools to it, end recovery, regen, heal, max hp, damage proc as well as some nicely capped defenses and good resistances too.

I've been running a Claws/Stone scrapper for several weeks now, and it's definitely able to hold its own against most things, even at +4x8.

Could you share this build? 

Edit - nevermind I found your topic about it! 

Edited by PerfectSelf42
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2021 at 6:13 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm not a fan of granite so I'll never play it on a tank or brute but the revision for scrappers/stalkers is fine.

Easily permable HP buff. Damage buff. Get out of debt free card with the T9. Dark has DC for end issues, a very strong attack that also heals, the shadow maul buff was solid. Haven't picked up the new touch of fear yet but it seems to also have been quite the improvement. And of course, Dark's tohit debuffs help out Stone's defense. Solid combo, really.

Last update, since we all know how this turns out:

Spelunker badge on accident
Lvl 13 at 2 hr mark, bumped to +0/x6
Lvl 16 2.5 hr mark, bumped to +0/x8
Lvl 20 at 3.5 hr mark.
Lvl 22 at the 4.5 hr mark. Vahz Wasting disease is nasty. Still sittin on +0/x8 but could probably start increasing the level side without issue now.

As with most scrapper combos, soloing to 50 is a breeze and would be even without amps and dbl-xp.

Searched your profile looking for any other info on this build, didn't find it, wondering if you ever finished it?

Really want to make a DM scrapper, since I played one way back on live and its been changed for the better recently. Not sure what to pair it with, Energy Aura is my goto for Stalkers, and Shield for Scrappers, but the new Stone looks really neat and filling that huge gaping Psi-hole im used to from EA seems like a great thing. Runners are annoying though.

Edited by Sevorizzle

53 minutes ago, Sevorizzle said:

Searched your profile looking for any other info on this build, didn't find it, wondering if you ever finished it?

Nope. She still exists but I got sidetracked by my latest peacebringer attempt. And with both of those and a couple more new alts all leveling up the old and slow way, it'll be a while before I have a build.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Nope. She still exists but I got sidetracked by my latest peacebringer attempt. And with both of those and a couple more new alts all leveling up the old and slow way, it'll be a while before I have a build.

Ah I know that story all too well myself, altoholism is real!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sevorizzle said:

Really want to make a DM scrapper, since I played one way back on live and its been changed for the better recently. Not sure what to pair it with, Energy Aura is my goto for Stalkers, and Shield for Scrappers, but the new Stone looks really neat and filling that huge gaping Psi-hole im used to from EA seems like a great thing. Runners are annoying though.

Was running against psi users on my Claws/Stone (solo +2/8) and they can hurt!  Softcapped Psi Defense w/ only 8% Psi Resist, still had the psi getting through (may have had -defense but I wasn't paying attention to that).