If I wanted to make the most "Badass / Can Run Solo Without a Team," Scrapper, I would make...?

00Troy00

• 00Troy00 changed the title to If I wanted to make the most "Badass / Can Run Solo Without a Team," Scrapper, I would make...?
34 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

Shield Defense and Bio armor are excellent. Pair with any primary that suits your aesthetic appeal. IMO for scrappers your secondary choice will have a greater impact on what your scrapper can handle and how well it handles it than your primary choice.

Interesting. If that's true (and I'm not saying it isn't), then that would make it a rarity among AT's I would think.

Claws/energy is my current favourite. Claws is just great across the whole game, quick attacks and early aoe means it exemps really well and it is a blender of destruction at high levels. Energy aura can get very tough indeed, particularly with a bit of investment. I also have a claws/bio but ea feels far tougher and I can't say I miss any extra offensive poke that bio might provide.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

Interesting. If that's true (and I'm not saying it isn't), then that would make it a rarity among AT's I would think.

I would say the same thing about brutes and corruptors that their secondary choice, armor and support respectively, are more important than their attack set choice.

Currently on fire.

Also depends on you definition of "run solo without a team". Are you talking about +1/x2, +2/x4 or +4/x8? Are you talking about soloing task forces and/or AVs? 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

46 minutes ago, Uun said:

Also depends on you definition of "run solo without a team". Are you talking about +1/x2, +2/x4 or +4/x8? Are you talking about soloing task forces and/or AVs? 

Is it actually possible to solo a TF or AV? Never heard of that.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

The ITF is easy enough to solo at +4/8 with a wide variety of builds and classes. Even been done by an Emp/Beam Rifle Defender. 

Other TF/SF don't seem to be as popular for solo runs but most have been done.

If you lower difficulty down to +0/1 Then it just comes down to if you're able to burn the AVs down or not.  Envenomed daggers can help greatly with this.  

16 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

Pretty much all. Some are pretty difficult like Market Crash, Lady Grey, Lord Recluse and a few others, but where there are no special mechanics things can be whittled down. The normal ones we do under level 50 have no special requirements.

38 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Pretty much all. Some are pretty difficult like Market Crash, Lady Grey, Lord Recluse and a few others, but where there are no special mechanics things can be whittled down. The normal ones we do under level 50 have no special requirements.

Back to his original question, I feel that your Claws/Bio scrap would be well suited.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

How about Claws/WP?

I soloed ITF with no Incarnates with a DB/WP.  It can be made survivable, I'm also a proponent of taking Strength of Will and learning when to use it, to really work that secondary.

However, it's a toggle and forget set, so it may come off as a bit boring.

17 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

Shield Defense and Bio armor are excellent. Pair with any primary that suits your aesthetic appeal. IMO for scrappers your secondary choice will have a greater impact on what your scrapper can handle and how well it handles it than your primary choice.

I was gonna suggest either War Mace/Bio or War Mace/Shield, but I think this is correct.  I just really dig War Mace solo.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

How about Claws/WP?

I run a Claws/Willpower and it's pretty grand (heck, I'm actually making a second because it's my only alt that's hit Vet level 100 and run out of rewards!).  Willpower has a lot of nice perks for Scrappers in that it has a taunt aura (so stuff is less prone to run from you) and it also comes with protection to Terrorize, which isn't all that common, but can't be obtained through things like IOs or pool powers.  These couple of things mean that while it might not be the strongest choice, it is one of the most versatile.  On the other hand, Willpower's very vulnerable to debuffs, so having something like a Destiny power from the Ageless Radial tree is going to be vital.  Depending on your exact goals, that might be very helpful. 

And on the Claws side, it's grand.  Stick a KB->KD IO into Shockwave, and the Critical Strikes proc into Follow-Up, and you're pretty golden, with quick, powerful attacks that can juggle even many of the tougher enemies while you take down their friends with Claws' rather potent AoEs.  I've yet to find any other melee sets, really, that are really as grand for taking on an army as Claws.

I'd venture to say that if your goal is to solo at (eventually) high difficulties, and you want to solo AVs, you can probably do so with *most* scrappers if you are a good builder. 

As far as the "best", that's going to be up to personal preference in most cases...

Who run Bartertown?

17 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

How does Claws compare to Savage Melee?

I realize it may not be a question of better or worse, but rather differences. The thing is, I don't know enough about Savage Melee to really judge.

Wish I could say. Every time I've tried savage I've bailed on it. Unsure why other than it feels weird. So I've never crunched any chains for it.

12 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Wish I could say. Every time I've tried savage I've bailed on it. Unsure why other than it feels weird. So I've never crunched any chains for it.

It's felt a little wierd to me as well, but I thought that was just me. I guess not.