Problem entering AE and living to tell the tale

Diantane

The number of slots you have in the /AH varies by a number of factors, most importantly your level.  Here's a screenshot of someone level 17:

image.png.351e0359a4796e6128d51d604e848cc4.png

If you notice where the "165" is above, that's the number of market slots you get.  You'll probably have more than 165 and you can check on your /AH interface.  You can group like recipes together if they have the same level and are the same piece (like a level 38 Scirroco's Dervish Acc/Dmg).

So to answer the question posed - yes there's a limit.  To answer the question not posed - it's rather high and one you won't encounter unless you're actively marketeering.

Also, getting the memorization badges for level 25-30 adds on to your personal salvage storage by one for each recipe. Getting the badges for 45-50 adds one to your personal storage of recipes by one. Note, I've never come close to needing to expand any storage even on my farmer. Pretty much anything not rare gets straight up crafted or sold. 

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Invention_Badges

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

just would like to bring up: when my Grandpa was playing this game on live before he passed on, He had many 50s, was in a Top 10 SG on Justice Server, had many friends and was extremely well liked.  He was a slow paced player, and much of his information, he relied on our prima guide from 2004;  He used the wikis for badges but wasn't as you say the most cutting edge player.  Now looking at his 50s, his builds, his IO sets he had, most would assume he was Top of his Game; but it was from the aid of our combined understanding. He commonly would call me to help him from getting lost in a mission.  He would forget simple things like binds and emote strings that he had memorized for years; resulting in more and more time street sweeping and just doing what he Loved in this game. 

And not once, did he tell me he was kicked. Not once did someone yell at him for forgetting how to get to a zone.  No one abandoned him for getting lost in missions. He wasn't removed from his SG.  He wasn't held back from completeing Hami raids and sadly he didnt get to see the incarnate trials release...  Everyone was genuinely trying to help.

In summary, what im trying to say is; I used to get frustrated explaining the same concepts over and over to him, and he in turn got frustrated with himself; But take a step back and breath, don't mean to be saying the same ole rhetoric which i find so out of taste... but we should be friendly and respectful to one another, for we have one thing in common.

This game.  Especially to a returning player.

much love

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bought one L45 damage IO for 1,000 inf thanks to your advice, "Without_Pause."  Kept on going up for the others. Paid 150,000 each for the others, but still cheaper than making them myself.

By the way, one of your videos "How to get to 50 in two hours" started me on this path. Now someone may have made a 50 in two hours, but it wouldn't be me 😄

Tried sending a inf request to that link you sent, but they are not online today

Edited by Diantane

6 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

On the other hand, people who pursue crafting badges are required to do some number for both level 45 and 50.  The level 50s they can sell no problem, but no one wants 45s so they're cheap.

Actually, some of the 45s sell fine.  After finishing all the crafting badges, I was still approximately 5,000 sales short of the final Consignment badge.  So I crafted level 45 end reduction and end mod.  I would craft 3 dozen or so each day and they would always sell overnight.  I priced them just a few thousand over what it cost me to craft so I wasn't losing money after accounting for buying the salvage and the consignment house's cut.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Update: Got all of my SO's converted to L45 IO's. It was an incredible difference. From 23% to 40.5? Even my fire resistance had degraded to 83% with SO's. Got a deal this morning. Bought 8 accuracy IO's for 1,000 each! Won't know unless you try.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

I, for one, welcome our new and improved OP to the forums and the game!

As others have mentioned, send me an in-game email to @Yomo and I will give you 20mm inf to do with whatever you wish!  (And to reiterate, that goes for anyone else as well.  One gift per global name.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Reached 50 and beyond (Vet Level 2). On Equip page everything has opened to Hybrid at 16%. Still trying to figure out where to go next. I was told by another on a team that agility would be good for me (spines/fire brute). Will figure out how to get there 🙂

• Thumbs Up 5

22 hours ago, Diantane said:

Reached 50 and beyond (Vet Level 2). On Equip page everything has opened to Hybrid at 16%. Still trying to figure out where to go next. I was told by another on a team that agility would be good for me (spines/fire brute). Will figure out how to get there 🙂

Grats. As far as incarnates, if you are going to keep playing the character, you can theoretically unlock everything. The AT forums can probably give you a good analysis as to what is optimal. But since you can get unlimited amounts of threads/Incarnate salvage you are going to be able to experiment. Generally for Alpha for damage classes, people get Musculature for increased damage. The reason to go Agility instead is if you are going to be doing active farming. When you do this, you use red inspirations (macros for combining insps to reds helps a lot here) to keep yourself at the damage cap. Since you are using the insps to do this, Musculature does nothing since you are capped anyway, so the only way to increase damage further with your Alpha is to recharge faster. 

Dunno if someone posted this earlier, but this is a way better guide for farming than the tiny bit I just typed up. 

• Thumbs Up 1