Necromancy>Soul Extraction

kelika2

Can this get reworked to where you can summon pets from defeated enemies?

With a good build or a decent team, having your pets die is counter productive or not ganna happen(easily).  Being able to use Soul Extraction like Warshades do would be a heafy buff to the set.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 12/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, kelika2 said:

With a good build or a decent team, having your pets die is counter productive or not ganna happen(easily).  Being able to use Soul Extraction like Warshades do would be a heafy buff to the set.

It is actually super easy to happen.  Just use the following macro:  /bind <key of your choice> "petcom_pow Zombie dismiss$$petcom_pow Grave dismiss$$releasepets"

Boom, dead lich body alone and ready for you to extract whenever you want.  Drawback is though that it kills off all your pets and you have to resummon everything.  But with how cheap and fast recharging MM pets are now, it isn't that big a deal anymore. 

At the same time, with how easy it already is now, it really is just a QoL thing at this point.   I'd say just let us summon the ghost directly instead of having to waste 15 seconds or so going through the rigmarole every 5 minutes of that silly dance in order for me to get that Wraith out.  I guess another alternative would be to give us a command that would let us release individual pets that leave a body behind instead of the only way of doing it killing off our entire army.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:16 AM, Riverdusk said:

It is actually super easy to happen.  Just use the following macro:  /bind <key of your choice> "petcom_pow Zombie dismiss$$petcom_pow Grave dismiss$$releasepets"

Boom, dead lich body alone and ready for you to extract whenever you want.  Drawback is though that it kills off all your pets and you have to resummon everything.  But with how cheap and fast recharging MM pets are now, it isn't that big a deal anymore. 

At the same time, with how easy it already is now, it really is just a QoL thing at this point.   I'd say just let us summon the ghost directly instead of having to waste 15 seconds or so going through the rigmarole every 5 minutes of that silly dance in order for me to get that Wraith out.  I guess another alternative would be to give us a command that would let us release individual pets that leave a body behind instead of the only way of doing it killing off our entire army.

You can dismiss individual pets. 

23 hours ago, plainguy said:

You can dismiss individual pets. 

The Dismiss command doesn't leave a body, only Release does.  You can't "Release" individual pets.  Hence the macro I posted which dismisses the zombies and grave knights to get them out of the way, and leaves only the lich body behind.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

I think soul extraction should be able to be cast on a 'living' necro pet and then kill it.  Have it trigger that pets cooldown if necessary but with how much the pet cooldowns have been lowered already, it doesnt make much difference.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 8:53 PM, EyeLuvBooks said:

Not sure which way I'd like the power to go, but it's a hard skip for me right now. In a typical MM battle I'm way too busy to be trying to pick out a body to target with things like this.

I sure wouldn't mind it being improved somehow.

Skipping a pet power on an MM is a pretty bad idea even if you remove the power from your tray.

That’s critical pet aura proc slotting real estate that many of the primaries are very envious of.

Funny that this power is already one of the best MM T7’s before you even try using it as more than a proc mule.

Edited by arcane

57 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I think soul extraction should be able to be cast on a 'living' necro pet and then kill it.  Have it trigger that pets cooldown if necessary but with how much the pet cooldowns have been lowered already, it doesnt make much difference.

id buy it

Turn Soul extraction into a toggle & have any death (Enemies, players, pets, henchmen) spawn the ghost.

If the ghost is already out, then (while the toggle is active) have any further deaths either (A) Buff the ghost *OR* (B) Spawn additional ghosts to a predetermined limit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:19 PM, Shadowsleuth said:

Turn Soul extraction into a toggle & have any death (Enemies, players, pets, henchmen) spawn the ghost.

If the ghost is already out, then (while the toggle is active) have any further deaths either (A) Buff the ghost *OR* (B) Spawn additional ghosts to a predetermined limit.

This is not a horrible idea IMHO.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:19 PM, Shadowsleuth said:

Only way I can see a full pack of ghosts being ok is if they are made individually very weak with very low uptime, like Gang War. 

But Gang War is pretty OP so sure, maybe look into that.

• Thumbs Up 1

So they are saying UNDEAD pets have SOULS to EXTRACT ?

I don't want to get all Meta and stuff. 
But I thought that was the premise of dying, that once dead you lost your soul. That coming back and UNDEAD ( which is clearly not Living) you don't have a soul. 

I just Googled this and got various answers related to DnD.. 
But the consensus is zombies have no souls. Liches have their souls hidden. 
No clue where Grave Knights stand but I am thinking Undead.. 

Soul extraction clearly says depends on the type of undead you extract it from.. 

All this being said, I would say Soul Extraction should work on a NPC and once the NPC is dead you get the extra pet based on the NPC level. Minion, LT, Boss..  
Maybe chain it.. 
Example.

You soul extract a minion. 

While soul extraction pet is alive. Using soul extraction on the next minion will make your current soul extracted a bit stronger maybe refresh the duration. A third extraction of a minion on this already soul extracted pet would now make it LT level and refresh the duration. Killing a LT while this soul extracted pet would increase it to Boss level and refresh the duration. 

And the this duration should be steady and not this mysterious number of how long it MIGHT stay..  Let players know the duration based on the Rank.. 

So

3 minions = LT 

2 LT = Boss

3 minions + LT = Boss

If you to spice it up and put a wildcard in it.. 
You can soul extract Elite Bosses and even an AV  BUT it has a chance to turn on you randomly.. So one moment it can be fighting on your side then turn against you then, you regain control and it is fighting on your side.  You can make it DPS based.. Meaning if you take a good hit, that hit breaks your control.  

You could even add in depending on the mob you kill the soul extracted pet will have different attacks.. 

Edited by plainguy

• 3 weeks later

Soul Extraction certainly could use a little work.

Currently it is fairly annoying to use, the pet summoned isn't very impressive, and the skill is typically used only as a mule for MM aura frankenslotting (I do this myself)

I would love to see the summoned pet buffed significantly to better fit the weirdness required to summon it, or make the current iteration easier to summon, or able to summon multiple as those above have suggested.

(slight necro; but only fitting)

• Like 2

• 8 months later
On 1/7/2022 at 9:54 PM, plainguy said:

So they are saying UNDEAD pets have SOULS to EXTRACT ?

I don't want to get all Meta and stuff. 
But I thought that was the premise of dying, that once dead you lost your soul. That coming back and UNDEAD ( which is clearly not Living) you don't have a soul. 

I just Googled this and got various answers related to DnD.. 
But the consensus is zombies have no souls. Liches have their souls hidden. 
No clue where Grave Knights stand but I am thinking Undead.. 

Soul extraction clearly says depends on the type of undead you extract it from.. 

All this being said, I would say Soul Extraction should work on a NPC and once the NPC is dead you get the extra pet based on the NPC level. Minion, LT, Boss..  
Maybe chain it.. 
Example.

You soul extract a minion. 

While soul extraction pet is alive. Using soul extraction on the next minion will make your current soul extracted a bit stronger maybe refresh the duration. A third extraction of a minion on this already soul extracted pet would now make it LT level and refresh the duration. Killing a LT while this soul extracted pet would increase it to Boss level and refresh the duration. 

And the this duration should be steady and not this mysterious number of how long it MIGHT stay..  Let players know the duration based on the Rank.. 

So

3 minions = LT 

2 LT = Boss

3 minions + LT = Boss

If you to spice it up and put a wildcard in it.. 
You can soul extract Elite Bosses and even an AV  BUT it has a chance to turn on you randomly.. So one moment it can be fighting on your side then turn against you then, you regain control and it is fighting on your side.  You can make it DPS based.. Meaning if you take a good hit, that hit breaks your control.  

You could even add in depending on the mob you kill the soul extracted pet will have different attacks.. 

Again to all the Naysayers !

I will take this as a win.. 
You are all welcome..

Please let me know what other suggestions you want in future pages.. So I can write it up and get it approved for you.

Soul Extraction

• Recharge lowered form 600s to 300s.
  • Only works on active Henchmen, not Specters.
  • Will extract the soul from each Henchman for 60s before the Souls vanish.
  • The extracted souls are still linked to their bodily hosts, if the host of a soul is defeated, the soul will also be defeated.
  • Thumbs Down 1