HCWiki link takes you to a "Test" page???

biostem

Odd that it is independent, linked to from the forums as the Issue 25+ resource, and has a Donate button.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Troo said:

Odd that it is independent, linked to from the forums as the Issue 25+ resource, and has a Donate button.

Not really odd, Mids is no different. It's independent, linked to in the forums (it also has its own club, much like the Wiki), it is updated for Homecoming, and has a Donate button on its website.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• City Council
On 1/23/2022 at 7:42 PM, Troo said:

I can assure you, while I work *very* closely with the Homecoming team, the Wiki is 100% independent, runs on my own hardware, and is not funded, nor officially supported by Homecoming.

Edited by Michiyo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2022 at 9:23 PM, biostem said:

The link to the HCWiki at the top of the forums us currently taking me to a "Test" page...

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page

Screenshot:

hcwiki test page.jpg

It goes down randomly.

I've run into times where I couldn't get to it as well.

Just wait for a 1/2 hour and try again.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Game Master
23 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

It goes down randomly.

I've run into times where I couldn't get to it as well.

Just wait for a 1/2 hour and try again.

Well its working fine when I click on it. I just had to go on to point someone to the patch notes

2 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

Well its working fine when I click on it. I just had to go on to point someone to the patch notes

I agree. It was working when I posted.

OP indicated that it was up as well.

I have gone to the website at least two other times in the last 2 or so years where it was down, and I just had to wait a half hour or so and it was up again. (So I posted as much)

There have been posts in the forums about about the wiki being down in the past. In fact, one time when it did go down I was also part of the discussion.

I go to the wiki website every time I log into the game.

In no way is my post an attack on someone that has provided us with a great resource.

Thanks providing this resource, @Michiyo

Hopefully, if someone searches before they post, they will find one of these existing threads.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.