Solo every contact. Made it to the halfway point...50!!!

Snarky

I have taken a Dark/Invul Brute and (stopping experience) soloed every contact, for everything they offer.  Red, Blue, and Gold.  But this is only the halfway point.  Since there are a LOT (and I mean a ton) of content that can be done at 50 without out levelling I have left that for 50.

Statistics:

Enemies defeated: 82, 665

Tasks completed 2,407

Tasks failed: 2   Grrrr, just F-ing grrrr

Flashback arcs completed: 77

Reward Merits earned: 4,170

Reward Merits awarded: 5,154  (I believe the discrepancy is zone merits, GMs, and weekly TF bonuses...?)

Hours on character: 533

Badges: 1,090

I had saved up 13 Transcendant Merits for this day (started mid Oct) and once I 50d I did the Ramiel arc, then had my farmer work a couple hours and open all incarnate slots.  He now has T4s in everything (two T4s in Destiny)

Wish me luck with the rest of the project.  the pressure is off now, and i will be moderating my storyline content on him.  I will keep a steady pace, but not grind.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 10

4 hours ago, A Cat said:

You have my respect for even attempting such a feat! I'm guessing one of the fails was from a certain mission in Roy Cooling's arc?

Sigh.  I am a Redsider so was very unfamiliar and tried for the badge.  Turns out you do not need to save the slow walking idiot to get the badge (i have it now) just wake up the ones lying on the floor. 

The second failure was a find 12 hostages in an Oranbegan map.  It was timed and I had a serious commitment. I spent 45 minutes and could not find the last guy.  I hate Blueside

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Sakai said:

How many of those hours do you figure are your brute standing around idly while you do laundry, make  supper or do whatever other task seemed a better idea  at the time?

I know I saw him standing around in Pocket D a coupla days ago, so at least two or three minutes.  (It's funny, but he looks taller on the forums than he does in real life)

• Haha 6

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

love this, have wanted to do the same with an alt for a while also - most likely something dark melee too

keep us posted on thoughts/experiences, keen to hear more

First....I will NEVER do this again.  (unless I win the lottery and retire lol) 

I have regularly done this Redside only since back on live.  Once or twice a year.  Love Redside, best side.  Gold is hard. (done through Ouro but everything is there, as I levelled as soon as they opened.) First ward and Night ward are very well done.  Blue...Blue is stupid. Just bone headed dumb.  Kill 40.  Go kill 40.  Now go kill 40.  Talk to bob. Now go kill 40.  In 40-44 range they keep sending you to PI to kill Carnies or Malta.  Which means you have to keep cleaning two ships (about 6 spawn points) in hopes those mobs spawn.   So really it's a "kill 200 w/e is down there" many times. The endless find 12...or 20.  Then after you stealth that "oh, it's a kill all..."  Some...some...interesting stories.  But just old positron writing drug out to dune Trilogy writing instead of a short story.  Did I mention Blue is bad?  (and the contacts smell their own farts...)

I will do Redside again, although probably not for a while lol. But the whole game? I always wanted to climb this mountain. Now that I have I can honestly say. "Damned, that was stupid."

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Cancrusher said:

Snarky, you're a beast, dude!  😁👍 I wonder if there's a badge for completing every mission it the game?  🤔 

This rings a bell from Live someone in the SG coveted it.

IIRC it's called, "Your Wife Is Looking For You."

• Haha 6

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

First....I will NEVER do this again.  (unless I win the lottery and retire lol) 

I have regularly done this Redside only since back on live.  Once or twice a year.  Love Redside, best side.  Gold is hard. (done through Ouro but everything is there, as I levelled as soon as they opened.) First ward and Night ward are very well done.  Blue...Blue is stupid. Just bone headed dumb.  Kill 40.  Go kill 40.  Now go kill 40.  Talk to bob. Now go kill 40.  In 40-44 range they keep sending you to PI to kill Carnies or Malta.  Which means you have to keep cleaning two ships (about 6 spawn points) in hopes those mobs spawn.   So really it's a "kill 200 w/e is down there" many times. The endless find 12...or 20.  Then after you stealth that "oh, it's a kill all..."  Some...some...interesting stories.  But just old positron writing drug out to dune Trilogy writing instead of a short story.  Did I mention Blue is bad?  (and the contacts smell their own farts...)

I will do Redside again, although probably not for a while lol. But the whole game? I always wanted to climb this mountain. Now that I have I can honestly say. "Damned, that was stupid."

i agree with you - i did all the ouroboros challenge badges on my dominator solo, a mix of red/blueside and generally found the redside arcs to be far more dynamic. i'm not one for reading any of the context but it was still much more interesting. though, the downside of redside is that everything is so gloomy and depressing

the PI thing you describe is classic blueside for sure, "kill X of Y in area where they never spawn"

do you find doing everything solo adds a nice amount of challenge to the game? if i follow suit i think i'll run it inspirations disabled too

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

i agree with you - i did all the ouroboros challenge badges on my dominator solo, a mix of red/blueside and generally found the redside arcs to be far more dynamic. i'm not one for reading any of the context but it was still much more interesting. though, the downside of redside is that everything is so gloomy and depressing

the PI thing you describe is classic blueside for sure, "kill X of Y in area where they never spawn"

do you find doing everything solo adds a nice amount of challenge to the game? if i follow suit i think i'll run it inspirations disabled too

Part of my motivation for doing this harkens back to my Live Redside runs and those were at default +0/x1 no AVs.   This run was at -1/x1 and no AVs. I used P2W everything. 

Rather than no inspirations (which i cannot see how you would struggle through) I would suggest +0/x1 and maybe a Blaster if you are comfortable with that AT.  It would be harder in some places and easier in kill alls.  If you are good on a Blaster. Definitely a challenge. 

Good Luck with whatever you choose

On 1/30/2022 at 1:02 AM, Snarky said:

The second failure was a find 12 hostages in an Oranbegan map.  It was timed and I had a serious commitment. I spent 45 minutes and could not find the last guy.  I hate Blueside

back on live i had to request GM assistance for a glowie that was inside the map geometry of an Oranbegan map.  its entirely possible that the last guy wasnt in a player accessible part of the map at all.

22 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

Snarky, you're a beast, dude!  😁👍 I wonder if there's a badge for completing every mission it the game?  🤔 

If there isn't, there should be.  I'd probably call it "Committed".  If you finish it, you probably should be... 😉

@Snarky, fantastic work, dude!  A question regarding "every contact":  Are you referring to only one side of Gold, or did you somehow manage to run both Resistance and Loyalist?

Edited by Techwright
  • Haha 2

You're an inspiration!  I'm still crawling through my own attempt at this, currently only at level 12.

Are the statistics like enemies defeated available in game or have you been keeping track separately?

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

If there isn't, there should be.  I'd probably call it "Committed".  If you finish it, you probably should be... 😉

@Snarky, fantastic work, dude!  A question regarding "every contact":  Are you referring to only one side of Gold, or did you somehow manage to run both Resistance and Loyalist?

It's actually pretty easy to do both Resistance and Loyalist.  You just have to be careful with the order you do them in because some missions will break contacts that are needed for others.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Techwright said:

By going through Ouro you can do every mission Goldside (then first and night naturally). You just pick an alignment 5 times for one badge and choose the other at least once. Lot if chances though. So many. The missions themselves are all in Ouro for both loyalists and resistance and you need them ALL for a badge 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ranagrande said:

You're an inspiration!  I'm still crawling through my own attempt at this, currently only at level 12.

Are the statistics like enemies defeated available in game or have you been keeping track separately?

It's actually pretty easy to do both Resistance and Loyalist.  You just have to be careful with the order you do them in because some missions will break contacts that are needed for others.

Oh yes. Good point  In general when doing this project whenever you are given the option spare someone’s life rather than kill them. It rarely affects things but sometimes you need the contact later.  If you kill them they are gone forever.  That part is irritating 

7 hours ago, ranagrande said:

Every (almost?) zone should have an information kiosk. There's one in Talos directly across the street from the tram.

Edit: My bad... it's on the same side of the street. I was thinking of the merit vending machine. Huh... there's actually two in front of the tram.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Every (almost?) zone should have an information kiosk. There's one in Talos directly across the street from the tram.

Edit: My bad... it's on the same side of the street. I was thinking of the merit vending machine. Huh... there's actually two in front of the tram.

and for time on character click on any NPC whose name starts with an "M"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Thanks!  I don't know how many hundreds of times I've gone past those terminals and I've never tried clicking on one before.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/29/2022 at 11:02 PM, Snarky said:

Sigh.  I am a Redsider so was very unfamiliar and tried for the badge.  Turns out you do not need to save the slow walking idiot to get the badge (i have it now) just wake up the ones lying on the floor. 

I hate Oranbluega

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby