Quick Question about Group Fly

KC4800

I am assuming it is incompatible with MM Beasts, right? I don't see how flying dogs and cats would work. Have you tried it?

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

wolves and lionesses look like they're doggies and kitties picked up by the scruff.

So demon's aren't as bad as beasts. I think Group fly aesthetically works best for Bots as they even get rocket boosters on their feet. I wouldn't mind a winged demon version.

I have never tried it on thugs, mercs, or zombies, but I'm assuming they'd look like regular characters when flight is toggled given how group flight affects team members.

I have flying bots and flying Mercs. They both work great as they are mostly ranged. I would think Beasts would drop out of fly as soon as an attack order is given. My Beast /Nature because of needing to be in the fray in order to protect and lay down the location targets would not work as a flyer at all. Plus my PBAoE hold wouldn't hold anything up there.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

2 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

I have flying bots and flying Mercs. They both work great as they are mostly ranged. I would think Beasts would drop out of fly as soon as an attack order is given. My Beast /Nature because of needing to be in the fray in order to protect and lay down the location targets would not work as a flyer at all. Plus my PBAoE hold wouldn't hold anything up there.

Nah.  You would just have to stay in roughly melee range of the mobs.  My Thugs/Time Mastermind’s Bruiser was literally standing on top of the Rikti drop ship in a mothership raid a couple of weeks ago, riding the drop ship while pummeling it.  It was hilarious.  Wish I had gotten a screenshot of it.

14 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Doesnt group fly hit MM pets at any distance or can they get too far away and fall?

They're all drinking Red Bull now.  No distance limitation.

They're still slower than old people driving, though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

41 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Doesnt group fly hit MM pets at any distance or can they get too far away and fall?

I meant more for Nature and just to make sure that the pets are in melee range.  Time has PBAoEs as well, so I try to stay within range of my henchmen.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:03 PM, Glacier Peak said:

255 Target cap and 60 ft radius... can you even fit that many entities that close 😆 

I have recently forgot to turn it off when me and the bots started a BAF, so I was making a lot of people fly, apparently (and rather annoying most of them as well ha ha - sorry guys!).

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝