VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

.... they permanently replace the existing zone maps.  ...

I was under the impression that they were overlays, not permanent replacements...?

I didn't mean permanently from a technical perspective, just that there is no action in the game to turn them on or off - from a game play perspective they are “permanent” unless you go in and remove the data.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I didn't mean permanently from a technical perspective, just that there is no action in the game to turn them on or off - from a game play perspective they are “permanent” unless you go in and remove the data.

Fair enough and accurate.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Instructions

All files go in ..\data\texture_library\ in your game installation folder. If you don't already have those folders, the PC installer linked above will automatically create them. Otherwise, you'll have to create them manually and unzip or copy the files to the proper location.

So, I extracted/installed the files to \Homecoming\data\texture_library\.  Several subfolders were created automatically.

However, I don't get the overlays in-game.

Have I done something wrong?

I figured it out myself: the Data folder has to be in the root Tequila directory, not in \Homecoming\ itself.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Briskstown lower quarter of the map is wonky.

Its distorted.

In what way? Mine comes up fine in-game. Is it distorted somehow or is there something missing? The correct current version should have a marker for the Prison Break zone event and three Park Stroller history plaques.

You can view a pic of what I see here on Photobucket. sorry tried to insert pic and just wasn't working.

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/Klistna/media/Capture.png.html?sort=3&o=0

That would be a corrupt texture file.

Pull it all out, download the packages again, and re-install.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Briskstown lower quarter of the map is wonky.

Its distorted.

In what way? Mine comes up fine in-game. Is it distorted somehow or is there something missing? The correct current version should have a marker for the Prison Break zone event and three Park Stroller history plaques.

You can view a pic of what I see here on Photobucket. sorry tried to insert pic and just wasn't working.

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/Klistna/media/Capture.png.html?sort=3&o=0

That would be a corrupt texture file.

Pull it all out, download the packages again, and re-install.

Actually, you don't even have to do that because it's not the most recent version of the file. If you download the MoreMaps4U link with the current maps it should be fixed.

So tried the remove and reinstall of everything...

this is what it looks like now. And it's only Brickstown that has the issue.

Again, the map you have installed is not the most current version. If the map in the "Original PC" collection is corrupted, I don't have any way to fix that one. And it's unnecessary to do that because the "MoreMaps4U" collection is fixed and current.

Have you specifically downloaded the "MoreMaps4U" ZIP file? If not, you'll need to do that. If you did, it didn't go in the right folders. Regardless, you should download it again because I just updated that map yesterday with the correct location for the Forward Thinker badge, moving it off of the neighborhood marker. Try it one more time and let us know what you've got.

Again, the map you have installed is not the most current version. If the map in the "Original PC" collection is corrupted, I don't have any way to fix that one. And it's unnecessary to do that because the "MoreMaps4U" collection is fixed and current.

Have you specifically downloaded the "MoreMaps4U" ZIP file? If not, you'll need to do that. If you did, it didn't go in the right folders. Regardless, you should download it again because I just updated that map yesterday with the correct location for the Forward Thinker badge, moving it off of the neighborhood marker. Try it one more time and let us know what you've got.

Thank you for all your help. It's fixed now.

And thank you for updating these maps... Life saver.  ;D

I tried to install the add-on pack for inclusion of new zone and other updates, am I right in that it basically replaces the 'data' folder in the CoH directory?  I did this and still no Kallisti Wharf overlay, assuming there are exploration badges in Kallisti Wharf?  the other maps are there.

Any help please?

Thanks

The add-on pack does go in the ../data folder, though not everything that's in the original VidiotMaps pack will be replaced by it. (Some maps haven't changed in quite some time.)

That being said, there aren't any exploration badges in Kallisti Wharf yet. The overlay included here just has day job locations and the trial contact, so, if you can see that, you're all good.

i downloaded the PC file, saved it...ran it to data ...downloaded the zip file....extracted to data file...and my maps have not changed. what am I missing or doing wrong?

Search your computer for the file "map_city_05_03.texture" and tell us the whole path where it is. That'll help us figure it out.

I am sorry but I have to decline this pack...all I did was downloaded that link and fallowed the instructions...you would not believe how many ingame settings was changed...things I have never set them to...I currently can not get any sound out of my game...no thx...thank you for your time..ill just use paragon wiki maps have a good day.

it says I can not open this file...gives the option to use website...takes me to some file extension site. wants me to download some program

I am sorry but I have to decline this pack...all I did was downloaded that link and fallowed the instructions...you would not believe how many ingame settings was changed...things I have never set them to...I currently can not get any sound out of my game...no thx...thank you for your time..ill just use paragon wiki maps have a good day.

The .texture files themselves can't be opened or viewed outside the game.  I was hoping you'd just be able to tell us the path of the file (like "<whatever your game folder is>/data/texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_05_03.texture"), but it sounds like you followed some other rabbit hole in an effort to read the file. I don't know what you would have found that changed your settings, but there's nothing in any of these map packs that can do that.

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience trying to use the map packs, but best wishes in your badge hunting.

This is my Brickstown map now after installing the moremaps4u cr*p!  https://gyazo.com/9f863cd572a59c73af34c2301dcf9565

I can't see any of the plaques which I just went there to get!    any way of removing this??

There's no way to automatically uninstall the extra map pack because it's just a direct file download. (The original pack uses an installer.) You'd have to go into your game folder and manually delete the .texture file(s) you don't want.

Can you please search your computer for the file "map_city_04_02.texture" and tell me what the date and timestamp is? It sure looks like you're using the map from the original pack, which I believe is corrupted. The current map from the MoreMaps4U pack should match the screenshot shown here of my in-game map:

screenshot_190615-18-25-17.thumb.jpg.788d13dea306f283fd87379e1a56fd1e.jpg

When I go to More Maps 4u the files stay in zip.html format and none of the unzip programs I have will unzip them.  is there a way to download them as just zip files or are they oppose to have the .zip.html extension?

When I go to More Maps 4u the files stay in zip.html format and none of the unzip programs I have will unzip them.  is there a way to download them as just zip files or are they oppose to have the .zip.html extension?

If you use the "Download" link in the upper-right corner of the screen, it will download the .zip file as expected. Save it to your computer instead of opening it right away so you have more control over what to do with it.

Do I have to use Dropbox for the zip file? I never use Dropbox....

Dropbox was the most straightforward solution I had at the time for free file hosting, and it's been good to me so far. You don't need to set up an account to access the file. Just click the "Download" link as mentioned above.