VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

I had some complications finding the location to drop the file for Mac. I came across this on the web and it helped:

"Mac users:

Go to the CoH app in the application folder. Right click to show package content.

Click drive_c -> Program Files -> coh

Drop the Map overlay which I already extracted for Mac (folder is just called "data") into the Coh folder and that’s it!"

This makes sense as a package file is basically one big folder/zip file wrapped around an app's data files. The internal structure also makes sense to mimic the windows tree structure to allow the drag/drop compatibility.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

My Brickstown map was also broken after installing this map pack.  I restored the relevant file from an older archive and the problem was solved.  The file map_city_04_02.texture from your archive is displaying at all on my system.  I've downloaded again, I've done a zip CRC check on the file downloaded. All I can say this texture will not display and downloading again does not solve. Replacing it with the older file solved the issue.

Relevant file (map_city_04_02.texture) under this path:

data\texture_library\MAPS\static\

Went to an earlier maps update from here:

https://ourowiki.ouro-comdev.com/index.php?title=VidiotMaps

Direct Link to the relevant archive:

https://cp.sync.com/dl/97eb06a10/grgtpghh-2qtmgu3h-8yz2bey8-jq77cgp4

Download that archive, extract the map_city_04_02.texture file, and overwrite the one in your install directory.  Solved the problem for me.

Hope this helps someone.

My Brickstown map is working fine, but i'm trying to get Badge number 8, and it's not in the game..

Was it moved to Echo: Brickstown?

There is no such place...only zones that underwent a significant overhaul or were sunset have echo zones. 

On Vidiotmaps badge 8 is Unsubtle - here’s the details to find it:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Unsubtle_Badge

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Can anyone help me? I'm on a Mac and used Island Rum to install. I can't seem to find the right folders to drag this into and really need a little step-by-step (maybe with pictures) kind of help. Pretty please? Thanks! :D :-* ;)

Mist Weaver (aka Misty)

Level 50 Ill/Storm

Can anyone help me? I'm on a Mac and used Island Rum to install. I can't seem to find the right folders to drag this into and really need a little step-by-step (maybe with pictures) kind of help. Pretty please? Thanks! :D :-* ;)

There were some instructions posted just above here that detailed it for Mac, though I don't know how that meshes with Island Rum since I don't have a Mac. However, it should be fairly easy to figure out.

Do you know how to search your computer for a specific file?

If so, search for "cityofheroes.exe" and make a note of the folder it's in.

That's the folder that'll you'll unzip all of the files in the "MoreMaps4U" pack.

When you're done, you should have "../<insert your CoH folder here>/data/texture_library/MAPS/...etc..."

Hi All,

So I tried this and failed. I'm another Tequila installer. Cityofheroes.exe lives in my Tequila folder (Windows 10). First I tried the VM posted and put the data folder, well, I tried a couple places in total. The root Tequila folder (home of the COH.exe), in Homecoming, etc. Nothing worked. Nothing broke but after launching the game again nothing changed. I deleted the data folders and tried again with MoreMaps4U and put the data folder where I read others do it, the Tequila root. And nada.

It's time to hunt for badges and merits! What can I do to get there?

I've tweaked the instructions in the original post to hopefully clarify this. Of particular note is the second paragraph. Check that and see if there's anything amiss.

Instructions

The files in the "MoreMaps4U" collection go in your main game installation folder, and include the "\data\texture_library" subfolders. If you don't already have those folders, the PC installer linked above will automatically create them. Otherwise, you'll have to create them manually and unzip or copy the files to the proper location.

If you've unzipped the files and still don't see anything different in-game, make sure you haven't inadvertently created extra subfolders, such as ..\<CoH Game folder>\data\data\texture_library or ..\<CoH Game folder>\data\texture_library\data\texture_library. If you do, simply move the contents of the extra folders into the proper original folders.

Here's the thing, I'm not seeing any traditional placement of a CoH install. Nothing in Program files (either). My local programdata has a folder for visited maps. Before the unzipping I do not see a data folder at all. And after unzipping it's the only data folder so for me it's

c:\user\myname\downloads\tequila<home of cityofheroes.exe,homecoming.exe,and dll's, and piggs>\data\texture_library....

I think maybe we're doing things differently in our installation when going through Tequila perhaps?

I think maybe we're doing things differently in our installation when going through Tequila perhaps?

Maybe? My system's set up like it was when I24 was still in actual beta testing so I don't know how a new system having only used Tequila is supposed to be laid out. Is the \downloads\tequila folder the only place on your computer that you can find cityofheroes.exe?

What happens if you download the Original VidiotMaps collection in the original post? Maybe that installer can find the appropriate folder that works, and then you just copy the new files into those locations.

I started with the VM installer. It doesn't find anything really it brings me to an empty "save here" prompt. And my computer FINALLY completed a  search. Cityofheroes.exe only exists in one single place on it.

Guaranteed this is why some here are having the issues they're having. Let's explore!

I started with the VM installer. It doesn't find anything really it brings me to an empty "save here" prompt. And my computer FINALLY completed a  search. Cityofheroes.exe only exists in one single place on it.

Guaranteed this is why some here are having the issues they're having. Let's explore!

So you have the game saved here:

c:\user\myname\downloads\tequila

That means there needs to be the Add-ons / Data folder like this:

c:\user\myname\downloads\tequila\data

The way I make things easy on myself is to simply pick somewhere to extract the files and then drag the data folder into the root/game folder. IE: I would drop the extracted folder into your:

c:\user\myname\downloads\tequila

Start with the original files and then do the same for the updated files, making sure to okay the overwriting of files/folders.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

OK So this worked. What was the thing for me for some reason is that I had to install VM first THEN overwrite with MoreMaps.

Dunno why that would be but it's finally taken. Or the places I was at prior those specific maps didn't work? I Dunno.

The Vidiotmaps marker for the badge Forward thinker, in Brickstown, is about 60 yards west (388.6 31.5 -1350.5) of the actual badge location (253.6 31.8 -1343.1).

Make sure you have the most recent version of the MoreMaps4U collection.

Revision History

June 11, 2019

• map_city_04_02 (Brickstown) - Corrected location of Forward Thinker badge

The Vidiotmaps marker for the badge Forward thinker, in Brickstown, is about 60 yards west (388.6 31.5 -1350.5) of the actual badge location (253.6 31.8 -1343.1).

Make sure you have the most recent version of the MoreMaps4U collection.

Revision History

June 11, 2019

• map_city_04_02 (Brickstown) - Corrected location of Forward Thinker badge

Ah! Thanks, didn't realize there had been an update.

There's no easy way to convert them from the .texture format, but I can see about posting the original images, space allowing.

I wish this could be done with the base items in such a way that they could retain the same sorting as the editor.