VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

7 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

You are welcome, and I am glad that you were able to get everything installed (and even remove some of the superfluous files) without too much trouble. When I publish the next update, I do plan to consolidate the manual installation files into one zip package, so manual installation won't be quite such a tedious process.

I also appreciate the Manual installation method.  Even though I used the default install settings for COH on my new computer, the modder still didn't work for some reason.  I tried it several times and all attempts unsuccessful.  However, I was able to get it done manually without any trouble.  I also appreciate you listing the superfluous files that were no longer needed -- was easily able to just delete them.  THANKS!

• Like 1

• 1 month later
1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Whenever your next release is, I'd suggest starting a new thread

That is definitely part of the plan for the next release, along with consolidating the 'manual' installation package from three zip files into one zip file. I don't have a time frame, but that's the plan.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later

Hi, I believe that if you install the newest maps to the correct location, that problem will be resolved.
The post with the most recent link seems to be here.

(Assuming that you are seeing a corrupted looking image at low or medium world detail settings, but other problems may also be resolved by installing the newest maps.)

Hope that helps,

=:Psibug

Edited by PsiBug

• 1 month later

This thread is getting to be pretty long, and not all the steps are in 1 place. This is what I did on my Mac to get the VidiotMaps Overlays installed. It will probably work for Windows and Linux as well, if you want to do manual mode installation. Your root directory may have a different name, but it will be the same after the part starting with "CoH"

Thank you Blondshell, AboveTheChemist, and the others that have worked on this project.

MacOS Manual Installation:

Download the latest Zip file from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iaaxd_tYqNLYcwDK1Jt2PCObjYgUbEBN/view

If starting from scratch,

Drag the "data" folder to the /Applications/CoH folder

Otherwise,

delete the current "data" folder and replace it with eh new one.

Edited by FlySaab
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later

I will no longer be posting updates to this thread. I have started a new thread at the link below for all future vidiotmap updates that I publish. Please visit the link below for all your vidiotmap needs:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/37216-vidiotmaps-for-homecoming/

I will continue to monitor this thread, but if you have questions/comments/issues and see this post before posting, I encourage you to post at the link above instead. Thank you!

EDIT: I will add the following note (copied from the thread linked above) for maximum visibility:

Users of CoH Modder may notice an error that states something to the effect of 'VidiotMaps I26 not found'. In order to make vidiotmaps more generic and remove the outdated reference to I26, I asked the admin for CoH Modder (The Philotic Knight) to rename the mod to just plain 'VidiotMaps'. Unfortunately that meant removing the old 'I26' version and creating the new 'VidiotMaps' mod in its place. I posted removal instructions for the old version of the mod in the CoH Modder thread at the link below:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/21539-coh-modder/?do=findComment&comment=493775

This fix worked on my end, and I think it should work on your end as well. If not, please let me know, and I'll try to find a more ideal solution.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
added post linking to CoH Modder error solution
  • Like 1

• Booper unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later

I have done what you've said a couple of times but still no overlays on the maps. I have C:\Games\HC\data\texture_library\GUI....MAPS...P_MAPS...and  V_MAPS (4 different folders).

Still no overlays. I also tried the City_Mod_Installer and Installed Vidiotmaps for Homecoming - I tried this first, yesterday, with no luck. I have tried both on two different laptops and still  only have the original maps with no overlays. Michiyo spent a lot of time with me but couldn't get it to work.

Anyone here want to tackle this one?

1 hour ago, GoldenOldie said:

Anyone here want to tackle this one?

You should NOT have any of the following folders (based on the paths you posted):

C:\Games\HC\data\texture_library\MAPS
C:\Games\HC\data\texture_library\P_MAPS
C:\Games\HC\data\texture_library\V_MAPS

If you have those folders, delete them. Anything in them is likely to override the newer vidiotmaps installed either by City Mod Installer or via manual installation.

Incidentally this is the old vidiotmaps thread, and any info herein is superseded by what is in the new vidiotmaps thread.

Just to be clear I do not plan to support anything that I've made available in this thread moving forward. I've tried to police old links but if you find a download link here that I have provided, it is likely an older version and/or a download I no longer support. The thread at this link is the current vidiotmaps thread.

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 8 months later
1 hour ago, LynnD said:

I install 24 and up and Siren's Call map is wrong.  It is showing the old map before HC turned the map.

This thread is defunct and this installation of vidiotmaps is no longer valid. The current vidiotmaps thread and installation process is at this link:

Follow the new installation procedures there. I strongly recommend installation via City Mod Installer but there are manual install instructions there too. Further, you MUST follow the instructions in the section titled Removing/Deleting Old Installations. The new install procedure is different from the one laid out in this thread and if you don't remove this old installation, the new install won't show up in game.

If you have further questions please post them in the new thread. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later

Greetings!

Can someone please just tell me exactly where to put the file? 

I am apparently too untechy to read through all of the information here, and it click in my mind like it should. 

or send me a message, and dumb it down a lot >.<

• City Council
1 hour ago, MyMomsaLegend said:

Greetings!

Can someone please just tell me exactly where to put the file? 

I am apparently too untechy to read through all of the information here, and it click in my mind like it should. 

or send me a message, and dumb it down a lot >.<

This version of the mod is very outdated, best to use this thread: 

Or use my mod installer:

For easier installing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Thanks Michiyo! For those that missed the previous four times I posted it on this page, the current thread for vidiotmaps is here:

• Like 1

• City Council

I've locked this thread because this version of VidiotMaps is no longer maintained / updated.  Please use the thread linked directly above for the newest versions of VidiotMaps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2