Defeats not credited

I was hunting Skulls in Perez Park for the badge on my tanker, 'V Idiot V'. I noticed that all my defeats were not being credited. I was attacking mobs of skulls; bosses, lieutenants and minions. I started counting the number in the mobs to accurately keep track. The credit of defeats did not equal the number I actually defeated. I started using AOEs without aggro. Then I taunted them and then used AOEs. Then I ran into the mob and started attacking single targets. Finally I taunted and then attacked single targets. Each attempt did not give me credit for all the defeats. It is a small issue as I was level 50 and they were easy kills. However, a player of equal level to the Skulls may have frustration with not getting credit after a much harder fight. And I probably had to defeat over 1000 skulls to get the 500 defeat badge.

Edited by Qwerty MacDoogal

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

You out leveled the enemies so you aren't getting rewarded for defeating them. This is working as intended. 

No, it isn't.

They're not getting XP, etc, sure. But that's not what they're talking about - they mention specifically "for the badge." It doesn't matter if they're grey or not if you're trying to go for a defeats badge. And mentioning Skulls, there aren't "non-counted" skulls (like, say, Arachnos vs Rogue Arachnos.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

58 minutes ago, Greycat said:

No, it isn't.

They're not getting XP, etc, sure. But that's not what they're talking about - they mention specifically "for the badge." It doesn't matter if they're grey or not if you're trying to go for a defeats badge. And mentioning Skulls, there aren't "non-counted" skulls (like, say, Arachnos vs Rogue Arachnos.)

I didn't catch that point you made the first time I read the original post, thank you. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Are all the newish female skulls counted toward that badge?  I feel like I’ve seen this issue or similar before and that was the answer, some newly added minion type not added to the badge tracking.

Edit to reply to the below:

There is a separate boss skulls badge (Bonebreaker I think?), but all skulls should count toward Kill Skuls.

Edited by Honorbridge
Reply to below poster

Yes, something fishy is going on. I had a 15 count towards the badge.

In a group of 1 Boss, 1 Lieutenant and 5 Minions, I killed them all and got credit for 4 kills.

Another group 1 Boss, 2 Lieutenants and 2 Minions I credit for 4 kills again. 

Another group 1 Boss, 2 Lieutenants and 5 Minions I got credit for 4 kills again.

It looks like the max credit out of each group you can receive is 4 kills.

Edited by Arc-Mage

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

4 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Yes, something fishy is going on. I had a 15 count towards the badge.

In a group of 1 Boss, 1 Lieutenant and 5 Minions, I killed them all and got credit for 4 kills.

Another group 1 Boss, 2 Lieutenants and 2 Minions I credit for 4 kills again. 

Another group 1 Boss, 2 Lieutenants and 5 Minions I got credit for 4 kills again.

It looks like the max credit out of each group you can receive is 4 kills.

I was hitting mobs of 10 or more in some spawns. Mixed Lieutenants and Minions. I don't think my counter ever jumped 4.  Was getting 2-3 defeat credits per mob.

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges

I was looking at this yesterday and it seemed to be connected with the female skulls.

Of the non-bosses, looks like Grave Digger Assailant, and Grave Digger Striker count for the badge.  All the other female skulls don't count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's another bug with defeat credit, but it's range-based. I haven't done the grunt work to find where the limit is, but if you have a Blaster with a primary that includes a snipe, and Energy Manipulation for the secondary, sniping at or close to your range limit with Boost Range active will show the defeat in the chat window, but you won't get defeat credit for the defeat badges.

I discovered this by accident while hunting DE emanators in FF with an AR/EM Blaster; she would sit in mid-air at extreme range and pop a minion in a spawn with one or more lieutenants, wait for them to drop the emanators, then snipe just the emanators, leaving the other mobs in the spawn so she could come back and farm the spawn again. After taking out some thirty emanators, I checked her badge progress, and it hadn't moved. I verified that it was a range-dependent problem; if she shot from within basic snipe range, the defeat would get counted. I've been bitten by this on occasion any number of times since then when I didn't pay attention to how far out I was shooting from

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

There's another bug with defeat credit, but it's range-based. I haven't done the grunt work to find where the limit is, but if you have a Blaster with a primary that includes a snipe, and Energy Manipulation for the secondary, sniping at or close to your range limit with Boost Range active will show the defeat in the chat window, but you won't get defeat credit for the defeat badges.

I discovered this by accident while hunting DE emanators in FF with an AR/EM Blaster; she would sit in mid-air at extreme range and pop a minion in a spawn with one or more lieutenants, wait for them to drop the emanators, then snipe just the emanators, leaving the other mobs in the spawn so she could come back and farm the spawn again. After taking out some thirty emanators, I checked her badge progress, and it hadn't moved. I verified that it was a range-dependent problem; if she shot from within basic snipe range, the defeat would get counted. I've been bitten by this on occasion any number of times since then when I didn't pay attention to how far out I was shooting from

I have noted that with teams, defeats only count if you're in the same neighborhood, not necessarily very far away.   (Could be both though)

On 5/9/2022 at 11:55 AM, lemming said:

I was looking at this yesterday and it seemed to be connected with the female skulls.

I did a little impromptu testing last night during the Bonefire arc (which was a mix of Hellions and Skulls, mostly) and came to the same conclusion. I took some notes/screenshots and can share those in the thread if it would be helpful.

• Thumbs Up 2