Incarnate timer

Is there a way, or perhaps a mod already created, to display a timer allowing a player to view how much longer one has on the cooldown for swapping/upgrading Incarnate snap-ins?  I was really wanting this the other day when trying to upgrade my polar light pets before the next Incarnate trial kicked off.

For that matter, why is there so long of a timer?  If I've collected the right incarnate salvage in a BAF I just exited, it seems kind of silly and artificial to hold me at bay for many minutes just to upgrade.

In some cases, you can be moved from the team to a team of your own within the league, and that will work.

The timer is there to prevent a few potential exploits.  Not that it is very powerful but exploits none the less.  Like moving away from the combat and changing your destiny or lore power and changing from defense to offense related alphas mid fight.  The timer seems overly sensitive sometimes like just running a damage aura and not hitting anything or teammates far away but in combat both seem to trigger the cooldown.

8 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I just zone to obo or my SG and it clears.

It's the zoning that clears it?  Not just being in Oroboros?  I ask because one of those long waits occurred within Oro.  It's not ideal, but sounds like I could zone to one of the Echos and back quickly then craft and slot.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Aracknight said:

How about tying incarnate slotting to builds?  Build 1 has these slotted,  2 could be different, etc.

Because the Incarnate system is not tied to builds at all, this may be complicated.  Still, it would be cool to have.

Except build-swaps have their own universal, rather lengthy cooldowns (all powers reset as if you'd just used them).

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 2 weeks later
On 6/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, Techwright said:

It's the zoning that clears it?  Not just being in Oroboros?  I ask because one of those long waits occurred within Oro.  It's not ideal, but sounds like I could zone to one of the Echos and back quickly then craft and slot.

Anecdotally, as soon as I zone anywhere, provided something like burn or heal aura isn't on auto, I can slot a newly crafted incarnate power. If I'm on a team, I zone to my base, because no telling who's got what power on auto-fire. 

• Thumbs Up 2