What's the best level 15 build?

Completist

What do you think the best level 15 build would be? 

Survivability? Solo-ability w/Damage and GM fighting? Straight up damage (assuming you have teammates to take aggro)?

It's pretty tricky to build up defenses because of the lack of slots; mostly SOs in everything because set enhancements at that level are DO-strength unless you are boosting 3 or 4 things. Of course there are some unique enhancements you might want to use like +Regen and -KB.  And the P2W vendor special damage/recharge/proc enhancements are still available and quite good. 

I think a strong debuffer like Rad defender might be safest and strongest. 

I've got a pretty built-up Archery blaster, the innate +acc and two decent AoE attacks can be pretty fun. But as fragile as any low level blaster.

4 hours ago, Completist said:

What do you think the best level 15 build would be? 

Survivability? Solo-ability w/Damage and GM fighting? Straight up damage (assuming you have teammates to take aggro)?

It's pretty tricky to build up defenses because of the lack of slots; mostly SOs in everything because set enhancements at that level are DO-strength unless you are boosting 3 or 4 things. Of course there are some unique enhancements you might want to use like +Regen and -KB.  And the P2W vendor special damage/recharge/proc enhancements are still available and quite good. 

I think a strong debuffer like Rad defender might be safest and strongest. 

I've got a pretty built-up Archery blaster, the innate +acc and two decent AoE attacks can be pretty fun. But as fragile as any low level blaster.

Why lvl 15? You plan to shut off XP at 15 for what reason exactly?

Essentially arbitrary. It's a low enough level to add challenging restrictions to character building, but not so low that there aren't any choices, and enough slots to have a decent attack chain. Maybe 16 would be allright, since it opens up 1 more power choice and the secondary T5. It's also the lowest level you can enter a PvP zone, not that that really matters. 

I have been running at 15 blaster for a while and wondered if anyone had gained different insight. I have two builds, one for typical play (snap shot, fistful of arrows, explosive arrow with KB>KD) and one for sneaky speed (stealth, SS, sprint with a +Stealth IO, mostly ST damage) 

It's really up to your play style. I toyed around with something similar (only training to level 10) and found that there are quite a lot of power combos in several ATs that are decent enough to be viable. I play mostly ranged or blapper-style + a small bit of def/res and at one time I had more than 10 of these projects. I had to delete them because they were just gathering dust. But suffice it to say that there were enough combinations to even accommodate thematic pairings and not go pure meta.

I'd have to go with a Rad/Dark Tank as a good all-rounder. Shadow Maul puts in a lot of work in those low levels, and Radiation Therapy is a fantastic heal with minimal slotting. Beta Decay and punches give you enough layered mitigation that much isn't giving you any trouble.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Fire Armor/Ice Melee Tanker. You have Burn, Build-up, Frost and Ice Patch. You'll make Scrappers cry at that level while being Tanker sturdy.

• Like 1

I create characters and park them at lvls 13, 19, 23, 29, and 34.  I play almost entirely characters that are level 13 or 19, running Hollows, KR, etc.

I do not use IO's, so my builds are SO's plus the P2W free enhancements.

The best lvl 15 character for supporting a team is an elec/thermal controller.  Electric gives you static field for aoe control every fight (it is fantastic for the door ambush in Posi 1).  Thermal gives you shields that make brutes and tankers able to tank plus excellent healing.

The best solo character is a claws/bio brute.  The aoe with claws can be slotted with the F2P recharge + chance for damage procs.  A brute can wipe out all of the minions in a spawn with one attack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I usually consider Synapse and Posi TFs when character building. At least for Synapse where you get powers up to level 24 on exempting, all my characters are pretty functional. 

For low level tfs kinetics is pretty OP, you get speed boost at level 12 on defenders, and at 20 on everything else. Fire armor getting burn at lvl 18 on tanks is pretty OP. I also like a low level stormie defender. O2 boost is a great spot heal that gives stun and sleep protection and end drain resist, great for those clockwork. Fire blasters are of course great as well at all levels.

Currently on fire.

Earth/Storm at 16th is quite solid.  Steath (Steamy Mist + stealth IO), an AoE stun in Stalagmites, plus several other CC options.  Freezing Rain at 16th.  Ditto (and maybe even more potent) is Plant/Storm with Seeds.  Then there's SR/Claws Tanker, only Lucky is missing for defenses so very solid M/R/A values and strong DDR already in place.  Spin available on Claws for AoE offense.  Electric/Fire Blaster should be quite fun with lots of kill power.  Just shy of getting their sustain but can't have it all.   Teamed Empaths are in a good spot/level range for demands on their abilities especially with other leveling characters.  Just shy of Recovery Aura at 18th but Fortitude can be well slotted by 15th and be backed by Panacea set and Hasten for recharge.  

I went through this exercise, except I used level 20.   I froze XP there after going through a complete run of all Gold Side missions and ran as much content as I could at level 20. 

I settled on a katana/willpower brute.  It relies mainly on Devine Avalanche stacking for survivability from soft-capped melee and lethal damage (most attacks at low levels are melee or guns).  Plus it has excellent regen and endurance.  Willpower gets decent auto powers at low levels, so that helps give added value for no endurance cost.  Katana has a decent low level attack chain and as a brute, I can ramp up fury for damage output without devoting any enhancements to damage.  

Just pulled up my build and checked.  This would be just fine at 15 as well.  I give up quick recovery, Lotus Drops or Rise to the challenge.  All powers I benefit from, but don't need.  Slotting on all the powers I have left would be identical as well since my level 17 and 19 slots are all in those 3 powers.  I would need to stop and rest every few fights.  But there would be very few single enemy stoppers in the game at that level.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow