All zones changed to LEVEL 50 - thoughts?

Troo

Raising zones to 50   

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best course of action.

• Do it
    • Please no
  2. 2. How do you feel about mobs/groups which don't have level 50 versions getting cleaned up later?

• Okay with it
    • That's lame. Do or do not, there is no try.
    • No means no!! (see first question)

10 hours ago, Troo said:

Should we just bump all the zones, missions, and task forces to level 50+?

• Any concerns?
  • What's the best way to implement?

Do you have thoughts?

given the conversations you, me and others have had in the AE thread we’ve both learned a lot about game balance, risk vs reward and desired mechanics of an MMO. therefore troo, i’d suggest the following:

everyone should start at lvl 50, all IOs should be free and enemies should all have 1hp 

all zones which aren’t atlas park can be removed and itrials can start from AP - what a dream. honing the game to peak perfection

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

... i’d suggest the following:

everyone should start at lvl 50, all IOs should be free and enemies should all have 1hp 

all zones which aren’t atlas park can be removed and itrials can start from AP - what a dream. honing the game to peak perfection

AND make Atlas Park a PVP zone!

giphy.gif

Edited by tidge
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

yes agreed, but only for five minute bursts of chaos which activate once an hour without warning

Or as the sun sets.. five minutes of horror

11 hours ago, FriezaReturns00001 said:

Black Desert Online

I took a quick peak. I may check it out further, thanks.

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 7/23/2022 at 3:41 PM, Troo said:

Good point, made an edit.

If PvP gets them the likelihood of proliferation is much higher. (some would say a certainty)

Let's face it the answer is 'sometimes'. Like that one time I simply ran up and slapped Statesman in front of his gang..

you just slapped him *snerk*

I pantsed him 😛

• Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

On 7/25/2022 at 5:00 AM, MoonSheep said:

yes agreed, but only for five minute bursts of chaos which activate once an hour without warning

Someone has gone rifting in Aion.... 😝

(The rifts stayed for more than five minutes, though. 'Big zones. Sometimes it was hard to find anyone to stab.) 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Far better to make all zones level 19, make 19 the level cap, and make all higher level content lvl 19 instead.  And get rid of IOs.

Level 19 is the best level of the game.  You have enough powers to be interesting but not so many that the game is ridiculously easy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2022 at 12:24 PM, Six-Six said:

Sorry, I'm struggling to wrap my head around what making all zones level 50 would accomplish. Assuming you do take the insta-50 and pop in with a new toon, will you really be going out to street sweep? And if I don't do the insta-50, I appear in Mercy with my spanking new villain, I would be surrounded by L50 Rippers, snakes, longbow? That would make getting around town really difficult. what happens to hunt missions? like Numi's hunt X number of Y mobs in (Z)one? All the mobs will be 10 levels above the team.

IDK, maybe the OP wants the devs to make all content , story & TF's , level 50 as well ?? If that happens C'est la vie.

Level 50 enemies are the elite of the elite, pulling the strings to topple countries, invading our dimension, planning the extinction of humanity, or threatening the very existence of our universe.  I don't agree with lumping Skulz and Hellions in with them.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Far better to make all zones level 19, make 19 the level cap, and make all higher level content lvl 19 instead.  And get rid of IOs.

Level 19 is the best level of the game.  You have enough powers to be interesting but not so many that the game is ridiculously easy.

HELL. NO. 

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Level less zones are a hard yes for me. Grey and green mobs are an artifact of the past. Such as tiptoeing past +4 or +7 mobs because an arc sends us across a zone.

Naysayers will naysay and that's fine since I'm not here to change their mind, only to state my opinion.

• Thanks 1

Why not add Echoes of all zones, but have them at be level 50.  Keep the base game as is, but allow end game content to starting zones and such. Instead of Echoes they could be named Glimpses or Precogs. You would be sidekick'ed/lacky'ed when you zone. 

I'm 100% against an IWIN instant level 50 button though. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thrones said:

Why not add Echoes of all zones, but have them at be level 50.  Keep the base game as is, but allow end game content to starting zones and such. Instead of Echoes they could be named Glimpses or Precogs. You would be sidekick'ed/lacky'ed when you zone. 

With the way overworld maps function, that'd be the same amount of work as just making them all the 'non-echo' maps level 50 anyway. Mob levels are set by the neighborhood they spawn in, provided that particular enemy group actually possesses mobs in the range set for that neighborhood - so like, any non-'up to 50' mob would need to have level 50 versions made to even be allowed to spawn on those revised maps. This is also why all of the Event/Invasion mobs don't have levels, as that allows them to spawn anywhere in any zone without level issues.

6 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Maybe a fake Echo Zone that could be used as a hunting ground? Could use the Shadow Shard and have areas with Echoes of common offenders. I mean it might be better to test the idea with a single Zone. 

... That is an interesting idea. Could even work with the levelless mob thing in there too, so there's no issue of having to tweak level ranges for the various assorted mob spawns (having level 50 Rikti absolutely faceroll all the spawns of lowbie Infected or whoever else would be bad times for players xD).

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:52 PM, Shred Monkey said:

I'm going to say something controversial, but I know what I'm talking about here.  I highly recommend you take time to really consider it.

Farming and instant 50s isn't the answer to being bored with content.  It's quite the opposite.  Farming, in fact, is the reason you're bored with content.  You're too used to getting exp quickly so everything else seems slow and boring.  If you're not gaining XP at the rate you're accustomed to, it means you're not getting your dopamine hits fast enough and you're unsatisfied. 

If you give up farming forever, maybe even take a break from the game to reset your expectations.  Or try what I did, and roll up a level 20 and freeze XP for a while to just play the hell out of a level 20 toon, exhausting all the content you can for a good week or two.  Maybe skip all the P2W stuff and travel powers.  Hide your mini-map.  Really experience the game with no shortcuts.  You'll might just find yourself enjoying content again.  I know lots of people say, "OH, i've been through contact missions so many times I don't want to do it again.  But be honest, have you really been through all of it?  Redside?  Goldside?  How many times have you done all the Striga missions?  Croatoa Missions?  Have you ever seen the level 20 Rogue to Hero tip mission where you wear a Statesman costume?

I'm not here to tell you how to play.  But if you find yourself wishing you could fall in love with this game again, I highly suggest you try abstaining from farming for a while.  Wait until it gets out of your system, and see what happens.

Farming doesn't make me bored with content. Farming let's me PL my toons so I can use the Flashback system to enjoy the content at lower levels. I like having the extra 2-3 powers available to me. I rarely play the endgame content as that bores me. Even when I play content that allows me the incarnate abilities I usually forget they're there and end up not using them anyway do to the long recharge. I just seem to get bored with any ability that takes more than 30 seconds to recharge and just forget that it's there. I know I could take Hasten but I forget that it's echarged and that just goes to waste, lol.

5 hours ago, Thrones said:

could call them Temporal Zones

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

7 votes = Do it

62 votes = Please no

Thank you for your participation and insights