I want to level 1-50 with AE (no farming)

Lyrium

I want to level a character from 1 (or maybe 7, I may do a DFB for the recovery buff...) to 50 only by doing cool AE Arcs, no farming involved. I know there are a lot of amazing AE builders around. Can you suggest some #arcs beofe I start digging in the millions of arcs with the AE search?

The best place to look is probably the Compiled Dev Choice Awards thread, but there was a recent thread that discussed a similar subject that might have some other good suggestions for you. Good luck and have fun!

• Thanks 2

Hi @Erhnam.  I've been keeping an updated list of all of Homecoming's Dev Choices.

As you will see there's a few!  Plus a selection of one-off seasonal AEs and some Hall of Fame story AEs (SFMA, which is a handy thing to search for when looking for story) that were grandfathered in, having existed in some form or other back on Live.  There's a few authors I love for story, and they have other non Dev Choice arcs too, so searching their @ names will help you I think.

@Darmian, @cranebump, @NyxiaSnow, @Take One, @Ankylosaur are just a few that I look for now when I'm searching.  And that's not denigrating the REST of the choices! It's just that these ones so far deliver the goods AND have longer stories that I like to take my time over and think about.

Happy levelling!

• Thanks 3

Great to be back in CoX!

A warning for getting a flow on stories, @Erhnam. The Devs have chosen several stories here and there as Dev Choices, and they're damn good, but that doesn't mean they've chosen the FIRST story in a set of stories.  I'll use @Darmian as an example.  In August 2021 they picked "The Eve of War" and "Damnatio Memoriea" (sp?) and listed them in that order, but having gone through the arcs those are Part 3 and Part 2 of a trilogy!  So Part 1 isn't there (still a good arc though) and "The Eve of War" and "Damnatio" need to be swapped in play order.  Something similar happens for parts of @Ankylosaur's AEs too if I recall correctly.

Anyway, it's a jumping off point.

• Thanks 2

Great to be back in CoX!

10 hours ago, TerroirNoir said:

A warning for getting a flow on stories, @Erhnam. The Devs have chosen several stories here and there as Dev Choices, and they're damn good, but that doesn't mean they've chosen the FIRST story in a set of stories.  I'll use @Darmian as an example.  In August 2021 they picked "The Eve of War" and "Damnatio Memoriea" (sp?) and listed them in that order, but having gone through the arcs those are Part 3 and Part 2 of a trilogy!  So Part 1 isn't there (still a good arc though) and "The Eve of War" and "Damnatio" need to be swapped in play order.  Something similar happens for parts of @Ankylosaur's AEs too if I recall correctly.

Anyway, it's a jumping off point.

Good point! 😄 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Erhnam said:

Good point! 😄 

Dates on the arcs are helpful, but not always as some writers update say Part 2 after Part 3 and republish, so if you can see posts by any of the writers in the list they sometimes have their AEs as part of their signature in the order of play!  Useful!

As an aside to my list, if you check out 

You will see a further list of nominated arcs that either have not won Dev's Choice, or not won it yet!

• Thanks 1

Great to be back in CoX!

@TerroirNoir - thanks for advocating for AE stories and mentioning my arcs!.

@Erhnam I wrote a far too long series with what you are looking for in mind. It goes from Level 1 - 54, and at level 20ish forks into three parallel paths.  The general theme is exploring the fallout of the Post Praetorian world and the power plays and shifting dynamics because of it.

• All That Glitters primarily explores a couple of groups getting an advantage with Praetorian tech - while also spreading the wealth with allies. They have a big plot that changes the dynamics of things significantly by the end. Anchored in places, each arc is in a specific zone as the group is expanding its hold in hazard zones and forgotten areas.
  • All That Glimmers focuses on magic. The initial premise is the Praetorian Refugees / First Warders are finally given a permanent home in Astoria now that Mot is defeated, but they have to fight a bit to reclaim it. There is a more serious plot too, with someone behind something else much more significant there -very tied to lore that was known but never made it in game - though my path with it flips it.
  • All that Glints - focuses on the fallout of Mr. G's arc and what happens with Penelope Mayhem.
  • Police vs. Aliens fits in, too but is all Kheldian and pretty high level

If it piques your interest, start with All that Glitters 1.1 and see if it holds it. 1.1 and 1.2 are pretty quick. But 1.3 you'll find a big story that changes some things and then continues and has the parallel forks of  All That Glimmers and All That Glints too.

You'll see that plus more in my sig

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Thanks 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc