Troo

AE Vet Levels -or- Empyrean to Reward Merits  

152 members have voted

1. 1. please select a preference

• no AE XP post-50
    • no more Empyrean/Merit conversions
    • is there a third option?

1 minute ago, Troo said:

This one has viewing disabled. No seeing who voted for what. This is a safe place.

Its the Inner Circle at play I tell you.

• Haha 2

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

13 minutes ago, Faultline said:

Click on the vote total and that tells you exactly what accounts voted for which option.

Ok but how many people have several accounts?  Not accusing anyone specifically, just pointing out what should be fairly obvious.  Online poll results are very easily skewed.

eesh, nothing says "see cabal and inner circle" than a dev.. never mind.

Clean Up, Aisle 2.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
Just now, ShardWarrior said:

Ok but how many people have several accounts?  Not accusing anyone specifically, just pointing out what should be fairly obvious.  Online poll results are very easily skewed.

If they were visible you could at least check that most of them are from accounts that have a post history, avatar, and various established opinions. Without that information it could just be 60 freshly created accounts. No results from polls with hidden voters will be considered valid by me when it comes to implementing a change, and I wish I knew how to see if the votes are public or not before looking at the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

If the OP can't change this to not hide who voted for what can a GM go in and change this? Or at least check the people who voted to verify the results? If not the only way would be to redo this poll without hiding who voted for what. Because lord knows the inner circle could be at play here to ruin this game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

4 minutes ago, Faultline said:

If they were visible you could at least check that most of them are from accounts that have a post history, avatar, and various established opinions. Without that information it could just be 60 freshly created accounts. No results from polls with hidden voters will be considered valid by me when it comes to implementing a change, and I wish I knew how to see if the votes are public or not before looking at the results.

Again, not accusing anyone in specific however different accounts having an avatar and a post history is not solid evidence of unique individuals either.  You can easily have one person using multiple accounts to post support or dissenting opinion to ideas to make it look like there is a lot of interest in a given point of view.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Again, not accusing anyone in specific however different accounts having an avatar and a post history is not solid evidence of unique individuals either.  You can easily have one person using multiple accounts to post support or dissenting opinion to ideas to make it look like there is a lot of interest in a given point of view.

I have alt account but never use it for the forums because this one is how I want people to know who i am ❤️

The vote is a joke to begin with. The majority of the playerbase does not spend a lot of time on the forums. Among those that do, a fraction of them are going to be following this discussion. The ones that ARE following it are likely to be more ideologically invested in it--particularly people that want to nerf farming.

The jokes about the inner cabal and "hey it's me on 20 different accounts" are idiotic. The fact that there is no secret insider conspiracy doesn't mean their aren't blocs of players who pressure the direction of development to suit their interests, in some cases more successfully than others. The fact that there aren't 3 people on 20 different accounts responding to a poll, doesn't mean that there might be several instances of people voting more than once--which in a poll with around 60 responses is significant.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Forgot to add, my personal preference would be to remove Vet Levels from AE if we can keep the EMP to Reward Merit conversion.  If that is not possible, then I would prefer some sort of cooldown on converting EMP merits to Reward Merits. 

As nice as most people are here, I simply do not want to be forced into teaming for reward merits and being able to convert EMP merits was a nice way to pick up recipes when inf was in short supply or to complete IO sets. 

It would be very nice to get that dev digest where the thought process behind this decision could be shared. 

• Thanks 1

• City Council
1 minute ago, ShardWarrior said:

It would be very nice to get that dev digest where the thought process behind this decision could be shared. 

The short version is that content devs don't want AE to be the best source of every reward out there, so either the vet rewards go, or the conversion from emps goes. The former has incarnate progression nerfed out of AE as a side effect, the latter has reward merits from a few non-AE sources nerfed as a side effect (most were set to drop merits simultaneously to compensate).

Long version requires one of the content devs that made the decision to write that post, I just change the code.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

doesn't mean their aren't blocs of players who pressure the direction of development to suit their interests

Oh man... I really like how true this is...

1 minute ago, Faultline said:

The short version is that content devs don't want AE to be the best source of every reward out there, so either the vet rewards go, or the conversion from emps goes. The former has incarnate progression nerfed out of AE as a side effect, the latter has reward merits from a few non-AE sources nerfed as a side effect (most were set to drop merits simultaneously to compensate).

Thank you.  At least this is something.  I will respectfully disagree that AE is the best source of every reward in the game. 

Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn

Or women... its just, that is the quote... I am just copying a meme...

Well that didn't take long.

• Haha 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

15 minutes ago, GM Widower said:

It is too early for this. Can you all postpone your arguments for a few hours? Thanks.

There cannot be any conspiracy if the GMs mod even the Devs.😉

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Haha 3

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

8 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

There cannot be any conspiracy if the GMs mod even the Devs.😉

image.jpeg.a3b21efb4a14f9b823d5398216cdc397.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Timing probably also makes this one problematic, all else aside... It should have been posted at the time the second change was made rather than days later. Why? People who are unhappy with the current revision are more likely to have stuck around discussing things than people who either like the change or really don't care either way. People are generally more keen to express it when they have a negative opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

What fraction of the actual players who login and play on homecoming servers on a daily/weekly/monthly basis read the forums? What fraction post? I doubt it's very high. No poll is going to measure general playerbase sentiment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1