PAP costumes need to offer a preview

Luminara

New players aren't going to know they can buy a temporary version at the P2W/T4V vendors, or wait for a Halloween event to see them, or know which ones will have female/male/huge models.  Hell, I've been playing for years and I don't remember what half of the costumes look like, which ones I might like, which ones I would avoid, which I might consider worth spending PAPs to buy.  And if the player doesn't like the costume, there's no refund, no exchange.  Find a way to make the holographic vendors show the selected costume so players know what they're paying for, perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I agree that costume previews would be useful.

Another option for test driving potential costume purchases is the Beta server, where the costume vendors hand out free Prismatic Aether with which costumes can be purchased (at least as of the time of this writing, not sure if that will change in the future).

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification

• Developer

I don't think there's a way to put a preview image like that into the store interface, but what you can do to preview the costumes is buy the 14-day temporary version found on the Halloween vendors as a way to demo them.

The Halloween vendors and event have already been updated and include all the new costumes in Tier 1.

• Thanks 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

20 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

I don't think there's a way to put a preview image like that into the store interface, but what you can do to preview the costumes is buy the 14-day temporary version found on the Halloween vendors as a way to demo them.

The Halloween vendors and event have already been updated and include all the new costumes in Tier 1.

The Halloween vendors who only accept Halloween salvage, which is only available to new players when the Halloween event is running or at high prices on the market between Halloween events?

Yeah, that's more accessible for new players.

YARN | "GREAT PLAN" "THANK YOU" "HE LIKES YOUR PLAN, CHIEF" | Demolition  Man (1993) | Video clips by quotes | 065ef16b | 紗

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

In the meantime I encourage players to utilize hcwiki and even google. They have pics.

That would be my recommendation. Include a blurb in the purchase list as to where (the wiki) players can look to see what they are getting or have players answering their questions refer them to the wiki. Obviously, the second option can be done now, and spreading the word about the wiki would help others reference game elements such as the costumes faster.

Add free 10 minute (real time) versions of every costume.  Gives players enough time to run outside and hit a few things, grab a scanner/paper mission and try it out in an instanced map, see if they like the costume.  A test drive before they buy the car.  The costumes are already separated in the vendor interface, so 10 minute temps wouldn't clutter it up.

• Thumbs Up 5

15 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Add free 10 minute (real time) versions of every costume.  Gives players enough time to run outside and hit a few things, grab a scanner/paper mission and try it out in an instanced map, see if they like the costume.  A test drive before they buy the car.  The costumes are already separated in the vendor interface, so 10 minute temps wouldn't clutter it up.

+1 for this idea.