Please stop making suggestions and trying to have the game be different.

Snarky

Well, page releases to beta certainly shake things up in the community. This time around I'm sad to find that I've lost a lot of respect for a handful of longstanding forumites who in the past I've generally thought of as reasonable people.

On topic: The game wasn't finished when it was shut down. I24 wasn't out of beta if I remember correctly, and had the shutdown not happened I24 would not have been the 'that's it, we're done here, it's now perfect', final release. MMOs as a genre of game are characterized by continuous development and every change that is made alters the system; every change affects everything else. Therefore the task of balancing and rebalancing is a constant one, and this should be the expectation. HC made it very clear right from the start that they intended to run this game as close to a live, professionally run MMO as possible. They made no secret of their plans to pick up and continue with the development. If you don't like this, you are playing the wrong game, and the wrong genre of game.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Parabola said:

Well, page releases to beta certainly shake things up in the community. This time around I'm sad to find that I've lost a lot of respect for a handful of longstanding forumites who in the past I've generally thought of as reasonable people.

People, enough with the hero worship.  I know I am incredible.  That is enough.  Your adoration, while heartfelt, actually is a little repulsive to me.  You come across as needy, and slightly unintelligent.  Step up!  Step the F off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Can I suggest fresh croissants?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

10 minutes ago, Snarky said:

People, enough with the hero worship.  I know I am incredible.  That is enough.  Your adoration, while heartfelt, actually is a little repulsive to me.  You come across as needy, and slightly unintelligent.  Step up!  Step the F off!

Don't worry Snarky, I didn't have much respect for you in the first place!

(In case it needs saying, that was a joke.)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Songseven said:

however i think many are completely over-reacting to your comments and need to chill teh fuck out

Have to agree with the second statement. I mean it was like:

(1) Ill-considered albeit non-malicious analogy using "woman" = BOOOOOOOOO! HISSSSS! DIEDIEDIE!

Then, later:

(2) Pointedly blanket, intentionally malicious "godforsaken sexist" Boomer reference=Trophies.

Didn't get worked up over the first one,  though I could see why someone might.* Anyway, I didn't think it was worth going to war over. I mean, I drive by homes where people fly the gd Confederate flag...in a northern state. That's someone we might need to watch (and not simply 'cause he don't know where North and South are).

The second one? Well, mister, that was just mean. And inaccurate. Everyone knows we Boomers are God's Chosen. Just ask the guy in the Confederate flag house.:-) 

*Really, Ukase - that non-apology apology? Come on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• Lead Game Master

This thread isn't just a dumpster fire, it's like someone drove a fuel truck into the city dump and then shot a rocket at it.

Either way, we're changing more stuff soon, so, sorry?

Also, closing this thread. Not sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 13
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!