Please stop making suggestions and trying to have the game be different.

Snarky

I have a thread that was moved to "Suggestions."

About half the people responding are really against it.  A good percentage of those that are against it have asked "Where does it stop?"

The more I thought about it, the more I realized the brilliance of this.  If you (not you, not making this personal) If ANYONE makes a suggestion they are trying to influence the game design.  Once a change is made, where does it stop?  It is absolute chaos.

Please do not ask for changes, or make any suggestions.  Likewise, please educate those who are asking for game changes or making suggestions.  These folks need to know that they are taking us down the rocky road to ruin.  

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

6 minutes ago, Snarky said:

You know, I don't usually agree with Snarky.

And now you all know why.  😁

• Haha 5

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

You misunderstood the intent of my “where does it end” post.

I was not talking about suggestions such as “fix sentinels/regen/whatever”

Im referring to the “insta-win” button.  

As I alluded to, it’s natural to want.  Get what you want, and then want more.  So where would you go from “insta 50”?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

Please do not ask for changes, or make any suggestions.  Likewise, please educate those who are asking for game changes or making suggestions.  These folks need to know that they are taking us down the rocky road to ruin...

c63ab703d77a2a939ee346ef4375a3b6--rorschach-watchmen-art-costumes.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Up 2

Resident certified baby

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

If ANYONE makes a suggestion they are trying to influence the game design.  Once a change is made, where does it stop?  It is absolute chaos.

Please do not ask for changes, or make any suggestions.

Suggestions forum is -> that way.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

About half the people responding are really against it.  A good percentage of those that are against it have asked "Where does it stop?"

The more I thought about it, the more I realized the brilliance of this.  If you (not you, not making this personal) If ANYONE makes a suggestion they are trying to influence the game design.  Once a change is made, where does it stop?  It is absolute chaos.

Please do not ask for changes, or make any suggestions.  Likewise, please educate those who are asking for game changes or making suggestions.  These folks need to know that they are taking us down the rocky road to ruin.  

I actually somewhat agree with this because usually the original is the best.

The sequel is just a remake with the fixtures changed about. 

Sometimes they can give the original a run for its money. But in the end they just don't feel as genuine.

Its just to much fun to tinker though, so tweak on.

• Like 1

Sounds like a slippery slope argument, but not sure that's worth an entire second thread to point out.  😃

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 minutes ago, Digirium said:

No. The real issue here is thread-starters deleting their original post taking down the entire thread, deleting all the content. This behaviour needs to be stopped. Suggestions, on the other hand, should never stop.

Well, no one has ever complained to me that I have deleted stuff.  I have gotten hints, rumors, and whispers about possible other issues.  But no, no one has ever complained to me that I deleted something.