When are you unveiling the Holiday and the clickable presents?

Zappalina

And hopefully Winter Lord aether costumes?

• Thanks 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Christmas should begin the day after Thanksgiving.

Mariah Carey, go back in your cave until then!

That is all.

Both Mariah and I like cave missions, they're our favorite! Right after Santa! Plus you can find Man headed baby New Year in a cave.

1103839290_mkcopy.thumb.jpg.83a9bcaa35c33c2a43ccf886d5c63dd8.jpg

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

For the record, though... there were people who had Christmas lights up in and around my neighborhood since the first week of November, and they will likely have them up until February (as usual).

The "Christmas Lights" season is when all of the local lawn-care/handyman businesses put away the lawnmowers, and bring out the ladders.  You have to get your name on the list early to get your lights hung by Christmas in this area.

(I hang my own... but I don't do the roofline, I don't particularly feel like offing myself to outdo the Griswolds.)

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 hour ago, MistressOhm said:

The "Christmas Lights" season is when all of the local lawn-care/handyman businesses put away the lawnmowers, and bring out the ladders.  You have to get your name on the list early to get your lights hung by Christmas in this area.

(I hang my own... but I don't do the roofline, I don't particularly feel like offing myself to outdo the Griswolds.)

I get having it done early, especially if you're getting someone else to do it and there's a queue...  but even if the lights are up early, there's no need to turn them on until after Thanksgiving.  And definitely stop leaving them on after January 1st.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Player2 said:

I get having it done early, especially if you're getting someone else to do it and there's a queue...  but even if the lights are up early, there's no need to turn them on until after Thanksgiving.  And definitely stop leaving them on after January 1st.

I like how you think, though I'd point out that to many Epiphany, the twelfth day after Christmas (as in the "12 Days of Christmas" of carol fame), is actually considered the end of the Christmas season.  So I'll be patient through the end of January 6.   But yes, here in the States, the day after Thanksgiving should be the kickoff, IMHO.  Anything more, and the holiday tends to lose its charm.  There's only so many reruns of popular Christmas songs that I can take, even my favorite ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since it's more a "seasonal" track than specifically Christmas, it fits for the whole month.  🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I am on my Thanksgiving four day weekend.  Where are my presents?  Where?  😡😭🤬👿

We know how you like things, er...fresh...so we acquired a flock of live turkeys for your holiday, um...enjoyment.  Unfortunately, there was an accident involving a helicopter and a mall parking lot.  I'd explain further but it's messy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Techwright said:

We know how you like things, er...fresh...so we acquired a flock of live turkeys for your holiday, um...enjoyment.  Unfortunately, there was an accident involving a helicopter and a mall parking lot.  I'd explain further but it's messy.

Image result for i swear i thought turkeys could fly

• Haha 6

44 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I am on my Thanksgiving four day weekend.  Where are my parents?  Where?  😡😭🤬👿

Sounds like it's time fill your house with traps.

Edit: Alternatively: What's in the box? What's in the box?

Edited by Major_Decoy
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Techwright said:

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" - Arthur Carlson (portrayed by Gordon Jump in "WKRP in Cincinnati")

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, Player2 said:

For the record, though... there were people who had Christmas lights up in and around my neighborhood since the first week of November, and they will likely have them up until February (as usual).

Trailer parks are like that 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

Guess!

Gwyneth Paltrows severed head?

Edited by High_Beam
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

Image result for i swear i thought turkeys could fly

I watch that specific episode every Thanksgiving day.  It's still the best Thanksgiving episode of any show and even though it was totally the seventies it still holds up because of the delivery.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Trailer parks are like that 🙂

If it were trailer parks, it would be easier to just write it off.  But I'm talking about homes on Main St, homes sprinkled between farmland, homes in affluent neighborhoods more so I think than the poorer ones.  If I had to guess, the past few years just sucked something terrible and people just wanted to hold on to that little bit of extra cheer that holiday lights brought.  A couple places kept lights up but varied colors and/or decorations to fit with Valentines and then St. Patrick Day.  I was resolved to start carrying around wire cutters if it went on after that.  By Easter, the holiday lights mostly went away.  And then people put up red white and blue lights just before July... and since that time, it's happened every year with some even laying out the lights in flag pattern.  And then there's the orange and purple Halloween lights... right up to people having Christmas lights up and on before Thanksgiving.

Some people have just become fascinated with "holiday lights" for any occasion, and it seems like the more privileged a home is the more likely they are to have Christmas lights up at other holidays.  Around where I live and work, anyhow.  I can't speak for all up and down the East coast.