Still No Christmas Content?

Clave Dark 5

Or did I miss something?  I would have thought it would all go up on Tuesday, today.  Has it all be available since the snow hit Atlas and just no one's talking about it in-game? 

... Uh, not that I care that much, I mean, it's no Halloween, which is clearly the best holiday event...

• Thumbs Down 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I bet the announcement is soon! I logged in 6am (et) as well and saw the snow in atlas but no Father Time in pocket d. 

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

22 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

Kinda sad that this event wasn't even announced.

Maybe the GMs/ Devs have just got stuff on in RL right now and can’t do the forum announcement? The winter lord is knocking around, it’s snowing in Atlas, and there are presents a plenty.

Edited by Xiddo
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

I was logged in for a bit this morning and saw nothing about it anywhere, other than the snow which has been falling for what a week now?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Echo Night said:

It was, on the Homecoming Discord server yesterday morning.

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I was logged in for a bit this morning and saw nothing about it anywhere, other than the snow which has been falling for what a week now?

As @JasperStone can attest, I led three Lord Winter Trials on Excelsior last night.  I watched LFG for about 45 minutes prior to my first one, and a couple of people asked for Lord Winter Trials and a couple of others asked for a presents team, but it didn't look like there were any of either.

My guess is that most people already have the badges on the characters they care about.  Regardless, I plan on running some more Lord Winter Trials on Thursday evening, and some more on Saturday evening. :)  I'm quite sure others will lead it as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was glorious fun and made me feel warm in many places.  Ran around clicking presents and killing the spawns for the badge then got some Baby New Year Action (ick) then got me a Winter Lord Trial and the other one with the Mistress of Secksi Winter.  I love the Winter Event and missed it last year due to hospital and the year before because Japan vacation so I need badge-ville on all my alts, though I am pacing myself so as not to end up in the hospital again due to stress induces Cardiac incidents 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

7 hours ago, Echo Night said:

Kind of wonderful CoH staff does regular stuff on schedule year round that we can depend on.

(this seems like a positive response, discerning eyes see the Snark!)

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not everyone lives on Discord.  I'm not saying it wasn't started, I was just saying I didn't see anyone doing it; the rest is speculation.

• Thumbs Up 2

Go have fun!

34 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Not everyone lives on Discord.  I'm not saying it wasn't started, I was just saying I didn't see anyone doing it; the rest is speculation.

If it helps, I also didn't see an 'announcement' on Discord. I saw the Winter Lord storming through Steel.

Maybe we consider this thread the announcement? 🙂 Could you rename it? Call it my Christmas present.

• Haha 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

In my humble and sometimes... I will leave it at that, I think this was not announced unlike the Halloween event because there is no backstory. Nothing new was added or anything, so it was a "meh" release.  Halloween had new monsters, badges, clothing psy thingies and stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For myself, having run a number of My Boys through the grinder with Snaptooth over the last couple of days, the lack of "announcement" with this is pretty much a non-issue.  For the Lord's sake, we know it's fricking Christmas, and we expect Father Time (who's gone through childhood, adolescence, maturity and old age in 365 days) to be replaced with his rather precocious and overbearing replacement.  This is not new content; with the exception of the "lost years" (2012-2018) we've had access to the exact same Christmas run-through without significant alteration, and the only real shocker is how well the population has got the process knocked down.

For my part, I would have expected an announcement only if the Devs had decided, "We ain't doing it this year," and some sort of heathen celebration for Walpurgis Nacht on April 30 was designated instead.  Actually, just thinking about it, that could work...turn Croatoa into one of the biggest population zones in the game, and questioning every Witch in the zone's coven as to what unholy form that ultimate sacrifice will take.  Final scrap is against Jack-In-Irons. who brings a bunch of his iron-welding buddies out for a night's parties and hit the Budweiser just a little too hard.  Guy/girl who takes Jack out gets those huge novelty chains as a souvenir...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's always some kind of path note explanation when stuff changes.  Announcing "Christmas is live" is part of the signal to players that this stuff is available again, that's all.  I mean, if you're ok with them rolling out anything as if it's an embarrassing redheaded stepchild they'd rather not comment on at all and sort of pretend doesn't exist, that's your choice I guess, but it seems weirdly out of character.

Go have fun!