The new Redside Crawl

Snarky

Got off to an early start with my 2023 Redside Crawl.  I chose a Corruptor this time.  Dark/Dark.  First time taking something besides a Brute.

I am doing other things slightly different as well.  I will solo every contact Redside, for every mission they give until they say "Go find someone else, I have nothing"  That is as usual.  The odd part is I will be Rogue.

As a Rogue I will be badging Blueside as I level.  Whatever mission badges I can get (through Ouro) once that opens up. I will not be completing all Blueside content.  Just badge missions in Ouro.  Gold as well, (which is all, sigh) and of course location, history. etc. While the core of the run is still the same, this is definitely more a badge centric themed run. 

I am curious how many badges I can amass by 44... (45-50 content is done at 50, so no reason to stop at 49)  Level stops are 4, 7, 8, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, 44 to finish content.

Are you planning any adventures in the new year?

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

The odd part is I will be Rogue.

There are two Rogue story arc contacts you should check out. The first is lvl 25-29 and the second is lvl 30-40.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Bobby_Curtin

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sgt._Schorr

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I started a Bio/EM tank to do an all content crawl.  I keep screwing up in the past, so making sure I don't bounce past the various level stops.

Currently at level 7 blueside, maybe 1/2 way done.  Seeing if I can get to level 10 before the end of the winter event to pickup the Winter Lord Trial before then, but we'll see if RL lets me do that. (And I'm playing a couple other alts in the meantime)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

I’ve just hit 50 on my WS and Shadow Slip made me realise how much I love Fold Space, being in the middle of it all, but hate being mez’d. So I’m going to try an Ice/Ice tank with Fold space, or an ice/elec tank with teleporting as the gimmick.

I also finally want to try out Elec affinity as I’ve teamed with some really good elec buffers and wanna see how it plays. I’ve noticed a distinct lack of buffers on PuGs recently, I only have a kin corr, and wanna try something else.

On @Uun’s point, that Bobby arc is top tier. The PPD mission is a laugh. I’ve just completed the Schorr one too but for some reason the clues haven’t completed or been removed from my tab so still have one lingering.

Edited by Xiddo
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

5 hours ago, Uun said:

There are two Rogue story arc contacts you should check out. The first is lvl 25-29 and the second is lvl 30-40.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Bobby_Curtin

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sgt._Schorr

Is one of those the arc with some kind of linked objectives badge?  I keep screwing up getting that one organically.  Will need to research it before I hit Sharkhead

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

Perhaps traveling to New Orleans by train.  Oh, you mean in CoH?  I dunno.

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

58 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Is one of those the arc with some kind of linked objectives badge?  I keep screwing up getting that one organically.  Will need to research it before I hit Sharkhead

Completing Bobby Curtin's arc awards the Diamond in the Rough badge. I don't think there are any other requirements.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, Xiddo said:

I’ve just hit 50 on my WS and Shadow Slip made me realise how much I love Fold Space, being in the middle of it all, but hate being mez’d. So I’m going to try an Ice/Ice tank with Fold space, or an ice/elec tank with teleporting as the gimmick.

I just recently outfitted an ice/ice tank (still got a few more items to slot), but I have been liking it.  Not as strong yet as my inv/axe tank, and there's something about doing fold space, and then being able to tighten up the group with whirling ax that gives it an edge.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

Got off to an early start with my 2023 Redside Crawl.  I chose a Corruptor this time.  Dark/Dark.  First time taking something besides a Brute.

I am doing other things slightly different as well.  I will solo every contact Redside, for every mission they give until they say "Go find someone else, I have nothing"  That is as usual.  The odd part is I will be Rogue.

As a Rogue I will be badging Blueside as I level.  Whatever mission badges I can get (through Ouro) once that opens up. I will not be completing all Blueside content.  Just badge missions in Ouro.  Gold as well, (which is all, sigh) and of course location, history. etc. While the core of the run is still the same, this is definitely more a badge centric themed run. 

I am curious how many badges I can amass by 44... (45-50 content is done at 50, so no reason to stop at 49)  Level stops are 4, 7, 8, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, 44 to finish content.

Is this the vampire er... kindred with the high collar I saw the other day?

One! One dead enemy ah ah ah ah...

Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

• Haha 4

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

4 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Is this the vampire er... kindred with the high collar I saw the other day?

One! One dead enemy ah ah ah ah...

Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

Probably.  Today I transferred over my signature name to him "Snarky" even though he is just hitting level 8 and will not 50 for months.  He does indeed bear as much resemblance to Max Schrek as the game allows.  With the cape and high collar, because why not go overboard?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Rugor said:

Funny, I decided to do gold side.  Never done any gold side missions.  I am playing a loyalist, Tanker.

Gold is definitely the best designed.  I dislike it for the constant politics.  Hippies vs The Man.  Rabble vs Establishment.  The grievances with a thousand names.  No thanks.  Give me a boring old vampire redside thanks lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Gold is definitely the best designed.  I dislike it for the constant politics.  Hippies vs The Man.  Rabble vs Establishment.  The grievances with a thousand names.  No thanks.  Give me a boring old vampire redside thanks lol.

I started off when COV was released.  I am tired of the dreary look of red. Its depressing and you are not really a villain anyway.  I actually doing vigilante missions because you at least get to break some bones.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Rugor said:

I started off when COV was released.  I am tired of the dreary look of red. Its depressing and you are not really a villain anyway.  I actually doing vigilante missions because you at least get to break some bones.

Not a villain?  Okay.  You are tough.  I thought this mission was less than heroic....

Bring citizens to Vahzilok surgeons

Briefing

So Dr. Vahzilok plans to come to Rogue Islands, eh? This bad for Krylov's business, but Krylov have plan. Great BIG plan...

Dr. Vahzilok is big tough villain in Paragon City that everyone knows, nyet? Well, if Dr. Vahzilok is too busy fighting heroes, he can't make visit to Rogue Islands! I say we set up Dr. Vahzilok for fall!

I know some Vahzilok surgeons in Paragon City who I worked with on some 'special experiments.' I will tell them you are coming to help them gather more 'raw materials!' When the Paragon City heroes find out about the kidnappings, they'll be after Dr. Vahzilok like fleas on a dog. Ha ha! Now go to Paragon City, kidnap some victims, and take them to the Vahzilok!

Watch out for Longbow, Character. They have been very suspicious of who I have been talking to.

Unnecessary Solicitation

What are you waiting for? Set up Dr. Vahzilok for fall!

Mission Objective(s)

You dodge various Longbow patrols set up to prevent you from making it into Paragon City. Now kidnap some citizens and take them to the Vahzilok!

3 victims to kidnap

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Not a villain?  Okay.  You are tough.  I thought this mission was less than heroic....

It's not the character of the missions; it's the fact that, playing redside, you start out as a legbreaker for street-level thugs, and work your way up to being a legbreaker for more important and more powerful thugs, and then to being a legbreaker for minor villains, and eventually become a legbreaker for Arachnos... but no matter how powerful you become, you're still someone else's flunky -- you never get to a point where it's you sending out flunkies to serve your ends.

Admittedly, that would make for a much different game redside, with your acquiring increasing numbers of henchmen who can be sent out to carry out different types of missions, and how you assemble the teams you send out affects their chances of success, and the missions you complete give you access to gear to equip your henchmen to make them better at doing missions for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

It's not the character of the missions; it's the fact that, playing redside, you start out as a legbreaker for street-level thugs, and work your way up to being a legbreaker for more important and more powerful thugs, and then to being a legbreaker for minor villains, and eventually become a legbreaker for Arachnos... but no matter how powerful you become, you're still someone else's flunky -- you never get to a point where it's you sending out flunkies to serve your ends.

Admittedly, that would make for a much different game redside, with your acquiring increasing numbers of henchmen who can be sent out to carry out different types of missions, and how you assemble the teams you send out affects their chances of success, and the missions you complete give you access to gear to equip your henchmen to make them better at doing missions for you.

There is a storyline in Sharkhead where you become the Bruce Wayne of villains.  There are many storylines where you become extremely powerful, affect things on a political level in Arachnos, literally hand Recluse his head.  

But I get it, it is your perception, and that is 100% valid.  The game does not help you feel villainous.

I am blessed by having a twisted and evil mind.  Set me down in the Zig with powers, tell me to break out and work my way up through the underworld?  Okay, sounds about right

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Rugor said:

Funny, I decided to do gold side.  Never done any gold side missions.  I am playing a loyalist, Tanker.

Dig around in Guides or on the HC Wiki.  There are ways to switch sides each time the opportunity is presented (need to turn off XP at key points) making it possible to clear all of Goldside in a single run.  Good stuff.

Don't forget the Undercover options that are only available if one has started Goldside in the Tutorial.

• Thumbs Up 3

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

17 hours ago, Snarky said:

Briefing

So Dr. Vahzilok plans to come to Rogue Islands, eh? This bad for Krylov's business, but Krylov have plan. Great BIG plan...

Dr. Vahzilok is big tough villain in Paragon City that everyone knows, nyet? Well, if Dr. Vahzilok is too busy fighting heroes, he can't make visit to Rogue Islands! I say we set up Dr. Vahzilok for fall!

I know some Vahzilok surgeons in Paragon City who I worked with on some 'special experiments.' I will tell them you are coming to help them gather more 'raw materials!' When the Paragon City heroes find out about the kidnappings, they'll be after Dr. Vahzilok like fleas on a dog. Ha ha! Now go to Paragon City, kidnap some victims, and take them to the Vahzilok!

Watch out for Longbow, Character. They have been very suspicious of who I have been talking to.

Unnecessary Solicitation

What are you waiting for? Set up Dr. Vahzilok for fall!

Mission Objective(s)

You dodge various Longbow patrols set up to prevent you from making it into Paragon City. Now kidnap some citizens and take them to the Vahzilok!

3 victims to kidnap

Maybe it's just my view but, it just seemed that the villain side was more Lawful Evil and the missions were to take out the chaotic evil.  I seem to remember Dr. graves arc was something like that at the end.  I'll have to read up.

2 hours ago, Rugor said:

Maybe it's just my view but, it just seemed that the villain side was more Lawful Evil and the missions were to take out the chaotic evil.  I seem to remember Dr. graves arc was something like that at the end.  I'll have to read up.

Depending on the contact villain side is psychotic amoral evil lawful chaotic just random twilight zone or now for something else entirely.  There is Arachnos loyalist, Arachnos subterfuge and you are not as Arachnos as me!  There are mad scientists crazy mage and and and

Edited by Snarky