Healing Proc in a Power You Use On Another

Clave Dark 5

Simple question that I really should know by now: if I put one of the healing procs in a power you apply to another player such as Aid Other, when it goes off do I get the benefit of it, or does the person I clicked it on?  If it helps, I'm specifically looking at Regenerative Tissue: Regeneration.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

19 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Simple question that I really should know by now: if I put one of the healing procs in a power you apply to another player such as Aid Other, when it goes off do I get the benefit of it, or does the person I clicked it on?  If it helps, I'm specifically looking at Regenerative Tissue: Regeneration.

My understanding is, unless it specifies otherwise, (like the Soulbound Allegiance pet IO that grants the pet a chance at a builup-like effect), a proc always applies to the caster/power owner...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, biostem said:

My understanding is, unless it specifies otherwise, (like the Soulbound Allegiance pet IO that grants the pet a chance at a builup-like effect), a proc always applies to the caster/power owner...

*slots an extraordinarily illegal Bugged Lady Grey Proc I found amidst a very small but very intensely still sizzling spot of ashes I came across*
*boop a ganger*
*ganger takes 1 pt of damage*
*power owner takes 13 trillion*

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

27 minutes ago, SaintD said:

*slots an extraordinarily illegal Bugged Lady Grey Proc I found amidst a very small but very intensely still sizzling spot of ashes I came across*
*boop a ganger*
*ganger takes 1 pt of damage*
*power owner takes 13 trillion*

I think a lot has to do with how you view those damage procs - is the caster generating the damaging power, and the damage proc applies to the casting as a damage buff of the given type, or does it act as a sort of pseudo-pet, dealing damage on its own?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Okay, so the enhancement itself isn't very useful, but City of Data gives us:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.attuned_regenerative_tissue_e.attuned_regenerative_tissue_e

So you can see: Self only.

The interesting one is Panacea: Chance for +health +End

The text on the enhancement says "Target" and you can slot it into powers that target other people

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.attuned_panacea_f.attuned_panacea_f

Here you can see "If target is friend" so you can give your friends an extra boost with this enhancement, but not your enemies.

• Like 1

I figured there must be some way to look for this sort of thing in City of Data but I guess I was too dense to find it.  Thanks Major!  (I do kinda think +25% regen for 120 seconds can be useful though, as I'm running a resistance armor set...)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I figured there must be some way to look for this sort of thing in City of Data but I guess I was too dense to find it.  Thanks Major!  (I do kinda think +25% regen for 120 seconds can be useful though, as I'm running a resistance armor set...)

put it on health or another auto power unless you’re looking to use it for the set bonuses

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

put it on health or another auto power unless you’re looking to use it for the set bonuses

My build's still in flux, but I have given that consideration.  Because Dark Armor, I already have the three Healing procs that give out End, slotting Health with 4 feels wrong somehow... this toon's in her late 30s and End has never NOT been a problem.  But I am still giving it some strong consideration.

Go have fun!

2 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

My build's still in flux, but I have given that consideration.  Because Dark Armor, I already have the three Healing procs that give out End, slotting Health with 4 feels wrong somehow... this toon's in her late 30s and End has never NOT been a problem.  But I am still giving it some strong consideration.

as dark has such a great self heal, have you considered playing more into +recovery sets rather than +regen? i have a D3 tank on beta i play around with and it seems to work quite well

I've got the Theft of Essence in the Dark Regen power, but it doesn't seem to proc too often, here and there I get into longer fights and see the End run low and pop that with my fingers crossed, but... 

IIRC, My Health's got Miracle: Recovery, Numina's Regen/Recovery, and Panacea's %.  I slotted those ASAP while I was leveling up and still had End problems, as one does.  I suppose I could drop the least effective for the the Regen Tissue, as I've learned to work around/live with the End issues anyway.

Go have fun!

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I've got the Theft of Essence in the Dark Regen power, but it doesn't seem to proc too often, here and there I get into longer fights and see the End run low and pop that with my fingers crossed, but... 

IIRC, My Health's got Miracle: Recovery, Numina's Regen/Recovery, and Panacea's %.  I slotted those ASAP while I was leveling up and still had End problems, as one does.  I suppose I could drop the least effective for the the Regen Tissue, as I've learned to work around/live with the End issues anyway.

Theft of Essence is not good in Dark Regen.  Try to slam it into Siphon Life if you are Dark Dark.  Dark Regen (and really Siphon Life) are both short recharge.  But you should be holding Dark Regen in Reserve for Trouble and you should be spamming Siphon Life.  Great attack.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Theft of Essence is not good in Dark Regen.  Try to slam it into Siphon Life if you are Dark Dark.  Dark Regen (and really Siphon Life) are both short recharge.  But you should be holding Dark Regen in Reserve for Trouble and you should be spamming Siphon Life.  Great attack.

"Obviously Siphon Life should hit like a train and heal and have decent recharge with not even that much endurance cost considering wh-GET THE F*** BACK IN YOUR BOX STALKER EVISCERATE I WILL CUT YOU I WILL F***ING CUT YOU-at it does. That's just reasonable."

There's no other way to explain some of the powers in this game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

13 hours ago, SaintD said:

slots an extraordinarily illegal Bugged Lady Grey Proc I found

During the beta for the invention system, the Touch of Lady Grey proc was bugged -- twice, in different ways. The first bug was that, instead of doing negative energy damage, it did negative damage, healing your target. This was fixed, but went too far the other way, becoming "chance to one-shot" -- I had a character with it slotted who did 4.184e+13 points of damage to Jurassik with his opening shot, and there were others in the beta who got bigger hits with it.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I saw a number of posts, well, 3 or so, that said it was the best thing to put into Dark Regen.  Sadly I'm not Dark/Dark so no T of E for me I guess.  This build is never going to get finished!

Go have fun!

2 hours ago, SaintD said:

"Obviously Siphon Life should hit like a train and heal and have decent recharge with not even that much endurance cost considering wh-GET THE F*** BACK IN YOUR BOX STALKER EVISCERATE I WILL CUT YOU I WILL F***ING CUT YOU-at it does. That's just reasonable."

There's no other way to explain some of the powers in this game.

Well Dark Melee is an oddball set.  If they did not do stuff like that with it no one would play it.  Because it lurches sideways into a fight and then goes into a Wednesday Addams dance instead of a traditional martial arts plan

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I saw a number of posts, well, 3 or so, that said it was the best thing to put into Dark Regen.  Sadly I'm not Dark/Dark so no T of E for me I guess.  This build is never going to get finished!

Dark Regen is not a good spot I think.  Personal opinion.  Any Dark Armor needs a support.  I just talked a friend down from Sup Str Dark.  The thought of the Rage crash gave me a sickening feeling.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

The thought of the Rage crash gave me a sickening feeling.  

Your poor, poor thing! 

I'm probably in a worse spot than your friend, I'm a spines stalker.

• Sad 1

Go have fun!

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Well Dark Melee is an oddball set.  If they did not do stuff like that with it no one would play it.  Because it lurches sideways into a fight and then goes into a Wednesday Addams dance instead of a traditional martial arts plan

That's about as good a description of Dark Melee as any, at least on a Scrapper. 

Despite the numbers looking like crap on paper, in Mids, in the Enhancement Management screen, in Combat Attributes, in the Combat Log, in the floating indicators during combat - hell, even when using the target's health meter as a gauge - Dark never gives you that feeling of assurance that success vs. the enemy is inevitable.  One minute you're surrounded by fully armed and operational apes, making little orange numbers in the single- and low-two digits, next thing you know you're the only one standing amongst a pile of corpses.  It's like Scrapperlock: The Powerset, and probably best not to look too deeply into it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 1/3/2023 at 10:25 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Putting aside any arguments about whether you should use Theft in Dark Regen or not I'll just point out it's not a unique.  It could go in both Siphon Life and Dark Regen.

Regenerative Tissue is a proc 120.  AFAIK it only effects you the caster.  It will fire every time you cast a click power and buff you for 120 sec thereafter.  In an auto it will apply its buff every 10 sec.  In a toggle it will buff upon casting the toggle and for every 10 sec for however long the toggle is on and for 120 sec after the toggle is shut off.  I don't know what happens if the toggle is suppressed but at minimum it should pick up where it left off when the toggle is no longer suppressed.  In all cases it does not stack with itself (replaces existing effect).

Edit:  To make Theft of Essence (the proc) profitable for endurance you need to hit 4+ targets with Dark Regen (costs 33.8 End) and the proc trigger on at least 4 of those targets.  Or have an Endurance Pool equal or greater than ~113 (it returns 10% end) ... at least as far as I know.  Of course endred in the power will reduce the amount you need back.

Edit 2:  Anyone ever load it with procs?

Edited by Doomguide2005
Clarity
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I am slow levelling a Dark Dark Corruptor.  Just finished 1-19 redside content and stepped up to 24, shut off exp.

A new power is Life Drain.  I put in Theft of essence PROC and Scourging Blast chance for +End.   It hits hard, it heals me, and most often it gives me End, sometimes a lot.  It's good to be a Vampire!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I am slow levelling a Dark Dark Corruptor.  Just finished 1-19 redside content and stepped up to 24, shut off exp.

A new power is Life Drain.  I put in Theft of essence PROC and Scourging Blast chance for +End.   It hits hard, it heals me, and most often it gives me End, sometimes a lot.  It's good to be a Vampire!

I tried a niche concept somewhat similar to this involving an Elec/Regen Sentinel, where their Electric Blast attacks were slotted with the + Chance for Self Heal. Even when optimized, the return on health was abysmally low that it wouldn't even be considered valuable in any combat situation. Like 68 HP returned, if proc goes off. Sometimes concepts like this don't get past Mids, unfortunately, this one got all the way to Level 50 with Incarnates before I realized the errors I made 😆 

• Haha 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

I tried a niche concept somewhat similar to this involving an Elec/Regen Sentinel, where their Electric Blast attacks were slotted with the + Chance for Self Heal. Even when optimized, the return on health was abysmally low that it wouldn't even be considered valuable in any combat situation. Like 68 HP returned, if proc goes off. Sometimes concepts like this don't get past Mids, unfortunately, this one got all the way to Level 50 with Incarnates before I realized the errors I made 😆 

I don't know why you'd do that with Regeneration. It's pretty good on heals at the start. Super Reflexes or Invulnerability seem like better fits.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Edit 2:  Anyone ever load it with procs?

I'm falling back on my original planning of a six-slotting Prev. Medicine for the set bonuses (3.75% discount to all End costs!).  I've seen some talk about slotting Dark Regen for damage, but it's only "Minor" so I dunno about that.  The heal itself is pretty good even without enhancing so one could drop like four or five "Chance for [Damage]" procs in there, or a "Chance for Knockdown" or something... could be fun.  I already have two Chance for Knockdowns in a cone and a AoE, but it could make for a good extra safety feature for a PANIC button.  Had I more time to kick around experiments, I might give that a whirl.

Go have fun!

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I'm falling back on my original planning of a six-slotting Prev. Medicine for the set bonuses (3.75% discount to all End costs!).  I've seen some talk about slotting Dark Regen for damage, but it's only "Minor" so I dunno about that.  The heal itself is pretty good even without enhancing so one could drop like four or five "Chance for [Damage]" procs in there, or a "Chance for Knockdown" or something... could be fun.  I already have two Chance for Knockdowns in a cone and a AoE, but it could make for a good extra safety feature for a PANIC button.  Had I more time to kick around experiments, I might give that a whirl.

Dark Regen has one job.  It does it incredibly well.  One job. On my main I have it 5 slotted with Obliteration for the set bonuses.  Dark Dark feeds off acc and rech. I also pump Res values on dark armor and ignore building defenses.  I let the stun and fear and to hit debuff and stealth deal with the trash, the armor and dark regen handle the AV load.

• Thumbs Up 1