Quantum Damage?

Doomguide2005

So I'm looking at the CoD entry for the Symphony Control pet and note it has listed under its resistances "Quantum" damage.  Is that something new in the Hard Mode ITF or elsewhere?  And who or what player side of things has Quantum resistance?

And bonus question for the audience: 

What's the value on a +3 D-Synch such as Acc/Mez or Dam/Mez

16 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

So I'm looking at the CoD entry for the Symphony Control pet and note it has listed under its resistances "Quantum" damage.  Is that something new in the Hard Mode ITF or elsewhere?  And who or what player side of things has Quantum resistance?

I believe it's the special anti-Kheldian damage that Quantum enemies and Void Hunters deal...

38 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I think that's called Nicti damage, though it has been a long time since I actually checked.

City of Data says they deal negative energy damage.  I also checked a few other pets, and none have a resistance to quantum like reverberant does...

8 hours ago, biostem said:

I believe it's the special anti-Kheldian damage that Quantum enemies and Void Hunters deal...

They don't any more. Don't think they have since live. It's just negative now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, biostem said:

City of Data says they deal negative energy damage.  I also checked a few other pets, and none have a resistance to quantum like reverberant does...

Kheldians will magically cause some enemy spawns to be these Kheldian hunting Quantum spawns, and they used to deal this special kind of damage that did massive (I think unresistable) extra damage to Kheldians and basically made soloing a Kheldian extraordinarily difficult at best, and just impossible for most. The idea was that Kheldians are forced to only ever play on teams, which would murder Quantum mob spawns for them.

There were two problems with this:
1) Kheldians are shit. They absolutely didn't need a special measure to keep them in check or force them to team.
2) Kheldians are shit. Quantum spawns also messed with damage compositions in enemy spawns or whatnot I think, and made things generally annoying for other team members. Or it might even have been that being an entirely different damage type meant it was unresistable to EVERYONE.....so super annoying.

You might think those are the same problem....and you would be right. It just needs to be said more than once. Kheldians are shit. So having a team member who turns mobs into annoying different mobs that murderstomp that team member who is already kinda garbage compared to having someone else.....yeah. So no-one wanted to play a Kheldian, and no-one wanted to team with a Kheldian.

So they changed the anti-Kheldian enemies to use negative energy instead.

Kheldians are still shit though, so it didn't matter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

If it is the old now negative energy done by Voids etc why is it now showing up as resisted by a new pet of a brand new power set?  Someone, oops, copy and pasted old data in the code into the pet while creating their pet data or something new we've got a hint at or something else this very much non-programmar hasn't a clue about?

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

They don't any more. Don't think they have since live. It's just negative now.

Not a "recent" change on Live either as I recall, but long long time back.

Edit: changed during an i11 patch Feb 12 2008 per HCwiki

Edited by Doomguide2005

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

If it is the old now negative energy done by Voids etc why is it now showing up as resisted by a new pet of a brand new power set?  Someone, oops, copy and pasted old data in the code into the pet while creating their pet data or something new we've got a hint at or something else this very much non-programmar hasn't a clue about?

some of the enemies in question were called Quantum Gunner or whatever, but the damage was not called Quantum damage iirc

3 hours ago, Wavicle said:

some of the enemies in question were called Quantum Gunner or whatever, but the damage was not called Quantum damage iirc

Unless the Wiki entry is wrong that's what it was called.  It's listed under Historical portion of the Damage article.  And changed in the patch I noted above. 

4 hours ago, Xiddo said:

Never forget the real fun: the shadow cyst crystals ❤️ The REAL fun of teaming with Khels 

Yes, it was. I miss those. And the actually dangerous Quantums and Voids.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

57 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Yes, it was. I miss those. And the actually dangerous Quantums and Voids.

Me too, along with higher lvl ambushers romping through lower lvl zones.  First time I saw Malta was on my first and, at the time, still only character.  My character was at Blue Steel, a newly minted lvl 6, watching a pair of Malta racing after someone in KR.  I distinctly recall tab targeting them and thinking "holy shit awesome" but glad they're over there.  Would have been slightly past where the AH is now these days.

59 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Thanks, it quotes that value for a DSO lvl unspecified but in the HO article lists them as 33.3% so I wondered if it was slightly buffed given they drop in a HM situation.

An even level HO/DSO is 33.3% but +3 gets you 38.3% for Schedule A stuff.  

Who run Bartertown?

20 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

An even level HO/DSO is 33.3% but +3 gets you 38.3% for Schedule A stuff.  

Yeah that would have been my assumption going in.  But the wiki was saying 33.3% on the listings for HO/SHO and 38.3% on the DSO entry while mentioning combining them all to +3 (53s).  It needs some clarity editing (or typo fixes)

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Kheldians are awesome!

Counseling and other forms of psychological help are freely available online these days, for every competitive prices. It may take a few tries to get the help you need, but hey, if you think Kheldians are awesome you're used to dealing with shit anyway. ❤️

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, SaintD said:

Counseling and other forms of psychological help are freely available online these days, for every competitive prices. It may take a few tries to get the help you need, but hey, if you think Kheldians are awesome you're used to dealing with shit anyway. ❤️

They're pretty swell actually. 

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 hours ago, SaintD said:

This reminds me of the phrase "a bad workman blames his tools".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

38 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

This reminds me of the phrase "a bad workman blames his tools".

This reminds me of the phrase, "It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor."