I didn't quit 3 pug TFs (all Posi 1s)

DougGraves

The latest one the team suffered from various members immediately attacking the first foe they saw.  We went into a room and within 5 seconds every spawn was aggro'd.  Fortunately it mostly affected them.  The same people would get defeated every room when they ran off solo.

In the final mission someone ran straight to the door to trigger the ambush.  At least 3 other people dragged other spawns to the doors, so it was a massive fight.  We did surprisingly well and only a few people were defeated.  Fortunately we were standing on a static field and a healing mushroom patch, so as long as we didn't move we did okay.

The total run was only 38 minutes and 18 defeats.  So awkward but not bad.

A previous run we did at +2 difficulty - except the last mission was +0.  The +2 difficulty missions were grinds.  Tough but fun.  Lots of deaths including some wipes.  

The last mission we entered was still +2.  So we exited, changed the difficulty, logged out, logged back in.  But only 5 of us logged back in.  3 players were just gone.  We re-entered.  It was now +4.  We exited.  The person who had gotten the star by logging in first was set to +4.  Everyone set to +0.  We logged out and back in again.  +0 enemies we did the mission.  It was tough with 5 but we did it.

The total run was 48 minutes and 38 defeats.  Time was not terrible but a ton of deaths.

The run before that  we had 3 stalkers and a scrapper plus some support.  We had a player quit in the first mission.  Then another player quit in the second mission.  So we had me as a dominator and a defender who could not heal (I think they were level 10, so they couldn't do much).

When we got to the last mission we wiped on the door ambush.  Then we stood at the entrance and defeated the ambush as it charged us.  But the ambush was not over.  We had to clear 2/3 of the map before we finally got the message that we cleared the ambush.

When we got to the shadows, the stalkers seemed to have no idea how to stalk.  They all ran up and attacked a different mob - not AS.  We wiped without taking out any foes.  Got everyone back.  I asked the stalkers to all assassinate the same shadow to take one out.  Again they ran forward, broke stealth and just attacked.  We defeated one shadow and wiped.  It took 2 more attempts to take out the shadows.

The total run was 139 minutes and 66 wipes.  I was amazed that no one else quit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I'm not going to say that this is why I usually solo Posi 1, but this is kinda, partially why I usually solo Posi 1. 🤣

Edit:

But, in fairness my last two runs of this were one solo (stalker) and the other (defender) a great pug who all knew what they were doing.

(which was handy because I know the sum total of 03 about defendering)

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

this is so funny, some classic PuG times there

sometimes you do wonder what kind of person is controlling the seemingly random acting characters, and how they are able to read LFG to see the TF advertised, message to join then lose all cognitive function to communicate 

• Haha 1

I DID quit a PuG Tarikoss recently, but in my defense, it went down like this...

Level 15 leader, no advertised specs for the TF.  We fill and load into the first mission to find... yep... we're set for +4.   First group of legacy chain is +5.  People immediately charge in and are already engaged as I am stepping through the door.  I'm exemplared from 50 down to 15 and the only tank on the team.  

Half the team drops dead straight away and exits to the hosp.  I am slowly losing and about a third of the way through my insp tray before I start paying attention to team chat.

*Assorted grumbling from people headed back from hosp*

Leader: "Nah, we're fine!"

Me: "We're getting murdered on the first group!" *eats another three insps*

Leader: "If you can't handle it, quit!"

*literally half the team quits*

Leader: "WTF?  I'm done!"

*leader quits*

Me: (to the remaining two other people on the team) "gg guys! tc!"

/quit

(Total Run Time:  ... About 4 minutes? 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

RIDE OR DIE

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

I DID quit a PuG Tarikoss recently, but in my defense, it went down like this...

Level 15 leader, no advertised specs for the TF.  We fill and load into the first mission to find... yep... we're set for +4.   First group of legacy chain is +5.  People immediately charge in and are already engaged as I am stepping through the door.  I'm exemplared from 50 down to 15 and the only tank on the team.  

Half the team drops dead straight away and exits to the hosp.  I am slowly losing and about a third of the way through my insp tray before I start paying attention to team chat.

*Assorted grumbling from people headed back from hosp*

Leader: "Nah, we're fine!"

Me: "We're getting murdered on the first group!" *eats another three insps*

Leader: "If you can't handle it, quit!"

*literally half the team quits*

Leader: "WTF?  I'm done!"

*leader quits*

Me: (to the remaining two other people on the team) "gg guys! tc!"

/quit

(Total Run Time:  ... About 4 minutes? 🤪

I was on this TF! (of course)  

We reformed but the team leader was pissed we wanted a 20 to lead so we started without him.  We were almost half way through when I realized we were running at +3!  I love Tarikoss and was helping speed the first parts.  But the Longbow at +3 brought me up short.  We finished that and I sternly warned +0 for final mission.  Which they did.  We finished.  About an hour.  The +3 LB and half the team having no idea how to use an elevator (I think that was the issue...) sure made that one part interesting though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did quit a DFB the other day but that was by group decision.

We can't fill the team.  We have only 5 people and wait about 10 minutes but get no more.  So we start.

Someone says "we won't be able to do the first badge with just 5".  No one responds.  No one says anything else about badges.

So we get to the Vahz boss and I start taking out the abominations before taking on the boss.  Someone says "Tomb you aren't supposed to attack the  abominations."  I point out someone said we wouldn't be able to do the badge.  Two people drop.  Leaving 3 of us.  We have a quick discussion and all quit.  

Then one of the other 2 reforms dfb, we fill and run it - getting the badges.

3 hours ago, Astralock said:

We should merge all of these threads about bad PUG experiences and label it, “The Adventures of PUGing on Excelsior.”

Good idea. At the moment, though, I'd have almost nothing to contribute {knocks on a stack of 2x4's).

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

20 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

This thread gives me anxiety XD

Nah. PuGs are great.  The chaos is a feature that keeps things interesting.

Ruthless efficiency can be fun to watch for a little while but then it gets boring.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Ruthless efficiency can be fun to watch for a little while but then it gets boring.

Fully agree.  I am not against really hard content.  Preferably with players better than me on Discord.  I am a lazy bastard.  I miss Cosmic Council sigh.   

But I really hate when people dial up the game “because thats better” and have little idea what to do to function in that environment.  To me this is so annoying it is hard to articulate.  

If you are level 20 and you dial up Longbow to +3/+4 okay.  What is your plan?   Oh, you just thought everything would magically work itself out?   Interesting.   Asshole

3 hours ago, ZemX said:

This is definitely the case.  When fights become routine they are boring.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find I either want to just get a TF over with or go thru it.  Usually, I let the team decide for me.  I also find, if I just want to get it done, I have a couple trusted people that we can easily finish most TFs.   However, it's often more fun if we have a group.  Depends how much cat herding I'm up for.

• Like 1