Craft more stuff with incarnate salvage

Dear friends, 

I find my more-often-played characters overloaded with incarnate salvage and wish I had more to do with it.  Crafting large enhancements is fine, having a handy second or third Destiny option is useful, and exploring different Lores to throw out for difficult times vs silly times vs RP times can be a hoot...

...but I've got hundreds of shards, threads, and components piling up on the characters I play the most, and since I can't trade them to my next alts or sell them on the auction house, I would love more stuff to build with them.  I have some suggestions.

More temporary buffs to craft at the SuperGroup buff crafting stations, take effect immediately and last for 1 hour.  Salvage component cost is figured at a rate of 1M inf per Empyrean Merit, so each adds up to 25M inf which is what the P2W buffs go for.

• Windfall (same as that found in Winter Packs) Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare
  • Defense Amplifier (same as P2W version):  Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare
  • Offense Amplifier (same as P2W version) Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare
  • Survival Amplifier (same as P2W version) Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare

Incarnate Origin Enhancements (InOs?).  Similar to HOs and Dysncs, InOs added to fill some missing gaps in high level enhancements that affect multiple aspects of a power.  InOs could be traded/sold like HOs etc.  Cost to craft in the Incarnate Abilities window is 100 threads, 4 common, 1 uncommon, 1 rare, 1 very rare (at the rate of 1M influence per Empyrean Merit, this adds up to 50M).

• End Mod/Heal/Absorb
  • Accuracy/Recharge
  • Damage/Def Debuff
  • Knockback/End Red
  • Taunt/Damage
  • Taunt/Endurance

In summary, I'm looking for some more incarnate salvage sinks, once I've completed my build and still enjoy playing the character and piling up the loot.  I'm sure others will have even better suggestions, and I'll be sad I didn't think of them first once I read them.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

42 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:
  • Windfall (same as that found in Winter Packs) Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare
  • Defense Amplifier (same as P2W version):  Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare
  • Offense Amplifier (same as P2W version) Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare
  • Survival Amplifier (same as P2W version) Predetermined combo of 3 common shard or thread salvage, 2 uncommon, 2 rare

If it is already available in P2W for the same cost, then why the duplication?

42 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

Incarnate Origin Enhancements (InOs?).  Similar to HOs and Dysncs, InOs added to fill some missing gaps in high level enhancements that affect multiple aspects of a power.  InOs could be traded/sold like HOs etc.  Cost to craft in the Incarnate Abilities window is 100 threads, 4 common, 1 uncommon, 1 rare, 1 very rare (at the rate of 1M influence per Empyrean Merit, this adds up to 50M).

• End Mod/Heal/Absorb
  • Accuracy/Recharge
  • Damage/Def Debuff
  • Knockback/End Red
  • Taunt/Damage
  • Taunt/Endurance

I am very much against this. We already get incarnate powers, getting incarnate enhancements would be over the top. There is no listed recipe to wait to get from a random drop or buy from the AH, just take your incarnate threads and incarnate salvage and craft enhancements?

How about something else? Maybe you can buy a temp power self-rez that goes away in 1 hour of real time but auto-fires when you die? Maybe you can buy a temp power pet that goes away in 1 hour of real time. I don't know. Why do my suggestions have a 1 hour of real time limit? Because then you have a constant dump for your incarnate threads and salvage.

Edit: If the proposed incarnate sink is not temporary, then you are not making anything that actually resolves the OP. It just moves when it becomes an issue for you again a little, thus requiring more requests for dumps for your incarnate threads and salvage. And to try to keep power creep down, I would keep any new powers gained in this manner comparable to other temp powers, except with the 1 hour time limit.

Edited by Rudra

25 minutes ago, biostem said:

It could be kind of cool if we could use threads in place of common salvage and shards in place of uncommon ones, or to directly buy such components at a similar rate like those pieces cost in AE tickets.

I'm opposed to that. That just turns incarnate threads and salvage into yet another means of getting inf', and we already have lots of options for getting inf' rapidly.

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I'm opposed to that. That just turns incarnate threads and salvage into yet another means of getting inf', and we already have lots of options for getting inf' rapidly.

If we went by AE ticket prices for salvage, (8 for a random common, 80 for an uncommon, and 540 for a rare), I doubt it would really impact the market.  And being that you can buy super inspirations for 10-30 threads each, and those can sell for much more than my proposed conversion rates, it wouldn't be unbalancing at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, biostem said:

It could be kind of cool if we could use threads in place of common salvage and shards in place of uncommon ones, or to directly buy such components at a similar rate like those pieces cost in AE tickets.

To craft IOs?  That too would be great.  And if the incarnate salvage could be converted into invention salvage, that would also be helpful.  I assume diminishing returns, maybe at a 2-for-1 rate for common, uncommon, and rare, and maybe a very rare incarnate piece could turn into a rare invention piece.  

• Thumbs Up 2

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Heck, just make them an ACCOUNT WIDE currency. No trading necessary.

Doable but that would take some modicum of coding as there's no account wide currencies to expand that to incarnate salvage. The way I saw it would let you email it to yourself without taking any significant time for someone to create code for an account wide currency.

Not to say an account wide currency doesn't have merit though.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Heck, just make them an ACCOUNT WIDE currency. No trading necessary.

Do that and I guarantee the next suggestion about inf', enhancements, and inspirations is to make all of them account-wide too. (Particularly the inf'.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Do that and I guarantee the next suggestion about inf', enhancements, and inspirations is to make all of them account-wide too. (Particularly the inf'.)

Inf SHOULD be account wide. Probably not other drops though. However, trading among your own toons should be easier. Basically the Vault Reserve should accept all kinds of drops and should itself be account wide.

• Thumbs Up 1

An oft repeated request is the ability to stop receiving threads from content, and that would solve some of the problems.  In SCORE and HC, the powers that be wanted to make getting all incarnates extremely fast and easy.  The problem, it appears, is that when you have quickly and easily gotten all the incarnate powers you want, you are still getting drops that are no longer useful to you.  So by all means I support being able to turn off all threads and shards.

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

8 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

An oft repeated request is the ability to stop receiving threads from content, and that would solve some of the problems.  In SCORE and HC, the powers that be wanted to make getting all incarnates extremely fast and easy.  The problem, it appears, is that when you have quickly and easily gotten all the incarnate powers you want, you are still getting drops that are no longer useful to you.  So by all means I support being able to turn off all threads and shards.

Sounds fine to me. (And patrol xp too please.)

21 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'd rather be able to craft additional stuff with them, but sounds like it's just me.

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Doable but that would take some modicum of coding as there's no account wide currencies to expand that to incarnate salvage. The way I saw it would let you email it to yourself without taking any significant time for someone to create code for an account wide currency.

Not to say an account wide currency doesn't have merit though.

This would work too, but would be nice if we could email more than 1 thing at a time.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I lean towards just making them account bound and tradable like empyrean merits. That way since you earned them you can use them on your alts.

The main issue with this is that it just kicks the issue down the road. "Yay, I can send my unused threads (etc) to Alt2! And alt3!" ... then Alt2 and Alt3 get a leg up on crafting powers, sure... and then THEY have threads and such they can't use.

If the incarnate IO suggestion - at normal, or at best rare (not VR) strength - covered both sets and IOs that dont' currently exist (such as a previously requested Endmod/Health/Absorb IO,) well... who cares if someone can "make inf" off of it? We can already make inf just playing the game as it is, burning merits once builds are done, etc. I don't really buy "people would make inf!" as a valid argument there. Frankly, I think they'd be like prismatics - a spike at first, and then a drop as more and more people do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

The main issue with this is that it just kicks the issue down the road. "Yay, I can send my unused threads (etc) to Alt2! And alt3!" ... then Alt2 and Alt3 get a leg up on crafting powers, sure... and then THEY have threads and such they can't use.

If the incarnate IO suggestion - at normal, or at best rare (not VR) strength - covered both sets and IOs that dont' currently exist (such as a previously requested Endmod/Health/Absorb IO,) well... who cares if someone can "make inf" off of it? We can already make inf just playing the game as it is, burning merits once builds are done, etc. I don't really buy "people would make inf!" as a valid argument there. Frankly, I think they'd be like prismatics - a spike at first, and then a drop as more and more people do it.

Agreed and agreed.  Who cares if other people make inf?  

Y'know what may be an interesting addition to make, using excess incarnate materials - something akin to an attuned generic IO, which scales with your character level, even if they do very low-level content.  No set bonuses or anything, but a consistent, level-appropriate bonus.

I mean, we can already use theads to buy super inspirations, which I think is a good use for them.

The problem there, though, is that the content where they'd be the most useful (Hard Mode), ya can't use 'em!

Also, there comes a point when you have hundreds of super insps in your e-mail and base and stored in AH and you STILL have a ton of theads...

I know the idea of crafting the P2W boosts was fielded and argued against, but I'll +1 that. It would be nice if the player could decide which of thier currencies to spend. It makes sense from a thematic perspective, too. The whole idea of threads is how much you've impressed The Well... impress it enough, you get moar power. A temporary boost isn't completely out of line.

Either that, or a new set of temp boosts/temp powers so that the original inf sink is maintained.

The overall idea is that things bought with threads should probably be temporary. Enhancements and such are one and done, but temp boosts/inspirations you have to keep restocking (ideally, anyway. I already pointed out how this doesn't always happen).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

I mean, we can already use theads to buy super inspirations, which I think is a good use for them.

The problem there, though, is that the content where they'd be the most useful (Hard Mode), ya can't use 'em!

Also, there comes a point when you have hundreds of super insps in your e-mail and base and stored in AH and you STILL have a ton of theads...

I know the idea of crafting the P2W boosts was fielded and argued against, but I'll +1 that. It would be nice if the player could decide which of thier currencies to spend. It makes sense from a thematic perspective, too. The whole idea of threads is how much you've impressed The Well... impress it enough, you get moar power. A temporary boost isn't completely out of line.

Either that, or a new set of temp boosts/temp powers so that the original inf sink is maintained.

The overall idea is that things bought with threads should probably be temporary. Enhancements and such are one and done, but temp boosts/inspirations you have to keep restocking (ideally, anyway. I already pointed out how this doesn't always happen).

Put a timer on them and they will.

I'd honestly just appreciate having the option to at least transfer some of the incarnate mats I've earned on some of my fully fleshed out vet 200+ toons onto my brand new level 50 ones. Although some will disagree, I don't think the grind to get T3+ incarnates is that fun anymore, after the 50th time. I've already completed this content before and earned the rewards, I just can't transfer it which is the dilemma. 

• 3 weeks later

Hey everyone, I just started playing again today after over a year and SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I tell you, to find out that I was sitting on 363 Emp Merits that I now cannot convert.  

All because some bozos were abusing the system and messing it up for the rest of us?!  Maybe just ban those people.

Since they were on my farming account, I don't have any other toons to spend them on for Incarnate.  Maybe time to create a Farmer on my main account or something so that I can P/L some toons on my other account. Dunno!?   I am PERPLEX'd to say the least.  That's 72,600 Enhancement Converters btw. 

Lesson is I need to keep in better touch so that I don't get BLINDSIDED by major changes that affect my toons' economic status.

I am sure there are other people who came back and had this realization, and flat out quit the servers.  I don't plan to do that, btw. 

Edited by IronJuke