The powerset you'd love, but you know will never be implemented

SteelRat70

1 minute ago, UltraAlt said:

but essentially the same powers?

in terms of effects, yes.  -Res is definitely a good secondary effect for guitar blast and the other powers in the Sonic Blast set could certainly be adapted.  I'm not entirely sure I'd be happy with the lined, moving circle effects of Sonic Blast - in my head there'd be a lightning tinge to it or something similar.  Of course the other side of that if we're talking about adapting Sonic Blast as a DPS set, is to modify Symphony Control and Sonic Resonance as control and buff sets for Controllers, Defenders, Corruptors and Dominators in a similar vein to incorporate the guitar animations for those as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

More travel powers I feel the game lacks this more then powers. But the biggest thing I would like to see is a way for us to pick our powers from all of them as we progress allowing us to create custom hero's and villains to our liking. The thing I feel the super hero genre of mmos failed on was having the trinity role system cause super hero's and villains could be all these things at any time do to who they are and feel a damage, control, support skill set works better for this type of game. But this is just my opinion on the genre we play. And I know this will never happen in this game.

I am being totally serious here: Clown Mastermind.

I was actually one of those who requested this on live only to be shut down by the revelation of Positron's coulrophobia. I love clowns but no so much that I was willing to make the lead dev terrified of playing their own creation.

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

Surprised nobody mentioned stretchyman powers.  A ranged...melee...set?

Mrs Incredible Figure Toy Character Stock Photo - Download Image Now -  Pixar, Awe, 2015 - iStock

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

11 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Giant Insect MM

I could see insects making a decent control set too -- holds/immobs/slows presented as swarms of normal-sized bugs crawling on or flying around an enemy, maybe a location AOE that fills the space with BEEEEEEES (the animation could be, like... literally tossing a beehive that shatters on the ground?), and a single giant spider or maybe a trio of big ol' wasps or something as a T9 pet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Cyber-Security Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Drop Dead Gorgeous (Psionic Melee/Dark Armor stalker, 27 June 2024)

48 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

I could see insects making a decent control set too -- holds/immobs/slows presented as swarms of normal-sized bugs crawling on or flying around an enemy, maybe a location AOE that fills the space with BEEEEEEES (the animation could be, like... literally tossing a beehive that shatters on the ground?), and a single giant spider or maybe a trio of big ol' wasps or something as a T9 pet.

the Controller pet would need to be something like a giant preying Mantis or something that would grab enemies and crush them

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

4 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

Surprised nobody mentioned stretchyman powers.  A ranged...melee...set?

Mrs Incredible Figure Toy Character Stock Photo - Download Image Now -  Pixar, Awe, 2015 - iStock

Now imaging a stretchy with arms that far out, animated over the tornado effect already in game, but with more damage dealing.  Knockdown, say minor damage, aoe effect with both a winding twist, then unwinding twist.

Battlesuit: Offensive & Defensive lets you slot powers from some other power sets...so you end up building a really unique set up. Trade off would be costume parts limited to armor/tech only and slightly higher endurance costs. Something I had been thinking about before I left the game in 2008-9. 

Would have liked to see water blades in that power set for some high lethality damage. 

The ultimate power for a Controller type: Cloth or Thread manipulation. Nothing like having the baddies' own clothing shred itself then burrow into their bodies and shredding it...Invasive Weave. (evil grin)   

Masterminds would appreciate Golems/Puppets....or Elementals....or Insect/Serpent/Spider types...

On 3/21/2023 at 9:59 AM, ZemX said:

Shield Melee

Just saying it has probably set off alarms at Marvel Legal.

DCUO did really cool shield melee animations, really smooth and intense looking in action.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Not a whole new set, but I’d love it if katana and broadsword had some built in -res power to slightly compensate for lethal being resisted by @&$%ing the everything to the nth degree as if the live devs design philosophy had been “you picked a lethal damage dealing set? Screw you!”

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Not a whole new set, but I’d love it if katana and broadsword had some built in -res power to slightly compensate for lethal being resisted by @&$%ing the everything to the nth degree as if the live devs design philosophy had been “you picked a lethal damage dealing set? Screw you!”

IMO I'd rather have Broadsword reworked so that every power worked like Parry (different powers giving different defense types so every power is useful), making it a set that sacrifices offence for defense. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

On 3/25/2023 at 12:11 AM, Scarlet Shocker said:

the Controller pet would need to be something like a giant preying Mantis or something that would grab enemies and crush them

I'd even go further and have "Insect Melee" (like Savage Melee, but insect themed).

Have the Tier 7 or 8 power as "Decapitate".  Become a Preying Mantis and bite the head off your foes.

(only problem with that is if you executed it and the mob still had some health left - maybe the head only comes off if health reaches zero after the attack, otherwise a 10 second DoT? - "The bite marks cause excessive bleeding damage")

(Now I think about it a head biting melee power would also fit into my Guitar Blast secondary set - "Ozzy Manoeuvre")

Edited by SteelRat70
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SteelRat70 said:

I'd even go further and have "Insect Melee" (like Savage Melee, but insect themed).

Have the Tier 7 or 8 power as "Decapitate".  Become a Preying Mantis and bite the head off your foes.

(only problem with that is if you executed it and the mob still had some health left - maybe the head only comes off if health reaches zero after the attack, otherwise a 10 second DoT? - "The bite marks cause excessive bleeding damage")

(Now I think about it a head biting melee power would also fit into my Guitar Blast secondary set - "Ozzy Manoeuvre")

It's entirely possible you might be overthinking this a tad 🤣

• Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.