Focused Feedback: Costumes & Custom Weapons

• Developer

Costumes

New Costumes Parts
All:

• All Categories > Metallic 3 (cleaner version of Metallic 2)
  • Half & Full Helmet Detail(s) > Bot Shield 2 (Glow version)
  • Half & Full Helmet Detail(s) > Bunker Shield 2 (Glow version)
  • Half & Full Helmet Detail(s) > Tek Shield 2 (Glow version)
  • Detail(s) > Blast Goggles 2 (Glow version)
  • Detail 1 > 3-D Glasses (Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Sporty 1 (Transparent: Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Sporty 1S (Solid: Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Sporty 2 (Transparent: Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Sporty 2S (Solid: Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Shield 1 (Transparent: Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Shield 1S (Solid: Standard, Low, High)

Female, Huge:

• All Categories > Metallic 2 (Female & Huge were missing them)

Female:

• Detail 1 > Sweetheart 1 (Transparent: Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Sweetheart 1S (Solid: Standard, Low, High)

Costumes Bug Fixes:

All:

• Fixed "Asymmetric Shoulder Pads > Ascension Armor" 2 missing FX options.
  • Fixed "Full Helmets > Detail 2 > Tech Knight Faceplate" receiving incorrect ambient lighting.
  • Fixed "Lower Body > Boots > Piston" option not loading from saved .costume files.
  • Fixed "Lower Body > Boots > Rocket" option not loading from saved .costume files.
  • Fixed "Lower Body > Boots > Winged" option not loading from saved .costume files.
  • Fixed "Auras > Wealthy > Effect > Trail" aura not loading from saved .costume files.
  • Fixed "Auras > Wealthy > Effect > Trail" aura duplicate of "Body". It should now load properly and only leave behind a trail when moving.

Male:

• Fixed "Male > Sleeveless Jackets > Chest > Tanker" missing costume option.
  • Fixed "Male > Lower Body > Boots > Victorian Steampunk" missing tint option.

Female:

• Fixed "Female > Boots > Stilettos >" resetting to "Roman Sandal" upon entering "Lower Body" after loading a costume with Bio-Organic, Stone or Chiton patterns and masks.
  • Fixed "Female > Lower Body > Bottom > Omega" being reset after loading a costume file.
  • Fixed "Female > Upper Body > Shirts > Student Shirt" bad tangent vectors across the front.
  • Fixed "Female > Upper Body > Robotic Arm" compatibility with chest details when chest slider is set to max.
  • Fixed "Female > Upper Body > Chest Details > Talons" missing costume part names and categories (now known as Etched and Clean).
  • Fixed "Female > Upper Body > Sleeves > Retro" hole with no skin.
  • Alpha sorting re-enabled on "Female > Gunslinger Bow". *Report any obvious flickering and background windowing when out in the world, particularly when NPCs are obscured by the veil or bow's transparent layers.
  • QC Fix: Updated compression quality on base female skin.

Huge:

• Fixed "Huge > Shoulders > Overguard" appearing twice with bulky tops.
  • Fixed "Huge > Upper Body > Chest > Omega" being reset after loading a costume file.
  • Fixed "Huge > Lower Body > Bottom > Omega" being reset after loading a costume file.
  • Fixed "Huge > Lower Body > Boots > Victorian Steampunk" missing tint option.

These changes were supposed to be released previously but mistakenly were not at the time on 2020-12-03:

• Fixed Huge : "Kitten" & "Panda" left/right alignment in Legacy & Asymmetry mode.
  • Fixed Huge : "Celestial Armor" left shoulder pad in Legacy & Asymmetry mode.
  • Fixed Huge : "Cyborg Shield" left shoulder pad in Asymmetry mode.

Custom Weapons:

New Custom Weapons

Arachnos Mace:

• 'Scepter of Stheno' option added to custom weapon selection. Mace's eye glow FX are tintable.

Broadsword:

• 'Fang of Stheno' option added to custom weapon selection.

Dual Blades:

• 'Fang of Stheno' option added to custom weapon selection.

Staff Fighting:

• 'Staff of Stheno' option added to custom weapon selection. Staff's eye glow FX are tintable.

War Mace:

• 'Scepter of Stheno' option added to custom weapon selection. Mace's eye glow FX are tintable.

Custom Weapons Fixes

Arachnos / Assault / Munitions Rifles:

• Fixed an issue that was causing the DUST, Resistance, and Runesoldier rifles to render upside down.

Bows:

• Fixed an issue with legacy bow model's bowstrings that was causing them to not take transparency properly with certain attacks.

Dual Blades:

• Fixed an issue that was causing the left-handed Vanguard Katana to render backwards on Female/Huge characters when sheathing was enabled.

Katana / Ninja Blade:

• Fixed "Katana > Custom Weapon > Rularuu Blade" left eyeball not animating in combat stance.

• Developer

Before it gets asked, the remaining Holstered Weapons sets (Beam Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Bows, Dual Pistols) are aimed for next update; I had to delay them due to some health issues leading to unproductive months earlier this year.

I'm back now, but they weren't able to be ready for this Page's release cycle.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Female:

• Detail 1 > Sweetheart 1 (Transparent: Standard, Low, High)
  • Detail 1 > Sweetheart 1S (Solid: Standard, Low, High)

Male/Huge version when?

Awesome additions overall.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Ultra icky! 😱 I'll get it fixed

Bad news, the issue seems to also be happening on my bane spider.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8dfe254d350b8ab71770fa434339ab79.png

It is visible if set to sheathe on the back, but doesn't load in if you set it to appear when drawn normally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

• Developer
1 hour ago, Crasical said:

It is visible if set to sheathe on the back, but doesn't load in if you set it to appear when drawn normally.

This is very useful, helped me hone in on where the break is; Thanks!

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

13 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Before it gets asked, the remaining Holstered Weapons sets (Beam Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Bows, Dual Pistols) are aimed for next update; I had to delay them due to some health issues leading to unproductive months earlier this year.

I'm back now, but they weren't able to be ready for this Page's release cycle.

Glad you made it through whatever health issues, Colbalt. We really do appreciate your work.

That being said, Scepter of Stheno for Arachnos Mace doesn't appear unless it's the On-Back version.

• Like 1

Since yesterday a mace "Lava" goes completely transparent when I use stealth (the transparent FX not the invisible FX)

However I switched the mace to stone and no issues

Character is Scrapper with mace/Shield and female

it is interesting.  when she turns off stealth it magically reappears.  also interesting magically the mace is invisible but swinging.  Odd looking punches lol

'Sweetheart' glasses make 'Round' look pretty janky by comparison. I'm going to have a hard time NOT using them on my glasses-wearing characters. They look that good. Whoever modeled them should be proud.

If they're supposed to reference a certain 1962 movie poster featuring actress Sue Lyon, the tops are a little narrow for that. The hearts would almost be horned rims if they were matching said movie poster, which I will not link here for reasons. Additionally, the legs are too wide to match that same poster.

I'm not sure how easy any of this would be to change/add and keep the same polygon budget.

Like all the other CoH glasses, this lacks hooks on the legs. That's not a big deal at all unless you try to wear them without hair or with a full mask.

Is there any chance of getting that same glass texture applied to versions of 'Round' and 'Sun Glasses'?

Metallic 2 is named just Metallic in Huge's Glove section, so you have Metallic, followed by Metallic. Metallic 3 is missing entirely. Metallic 3 also seems to have a visible seam on Boots, but I am genuinely not sure about that.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 3:58 PM, The Curator said:

Female, Huge:

Uh, I ...rrrr ..well....

I guess....

... should I feel bad to admit it?...

Was I the only one that rushed to the character creator to see if there was actually a "female huge"  body-type that we could pick?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Auras > Mycelium > Mushrooms
  • Auras > Mycelium > Mushrooms Tintable
  • Auras > Mycelium > Min Fx Tintable
  • Auras > Mycelium > Mushrooms - Combat
  • Auras > Mycelium > Mushrooms Tintable - Combat
  • Auras > Mycelium > Min Fx Tintable - Combat

These do not show up for Arachnos Soldier/Widow uniforms.

Please, @Cobalt Arachne, I need the shrooms! Shrooms I tell you! 😄

Thanks for the work y'all do!

PS, my cape is still busted.😞 

Edit: Could we please have a Mushrooms Minimal Effect?

Min Fx Tintable can't get the right color.

Edited by Hartanna

• Developer
1 hour ago, Hartanna said:

These do not show up for Arachnos Soldier/Widow uniforms.

Please, @Cobalt Arachne, I need the shrooms! Shrooms I tell you! 😄

Woops!
I'll check on that, must've missed an inclusion somewhere...

Min FX Original is also likely doable; Will look into that today. 🍄

• Thanks 1

Red side, best side!

• Developer
On 4/18/2023 at 10:11 PM, honoroit said:

wish beam rifle could have crey las rifle.

spacer.png

Beam Rifle and Pulse Rifle will get the same model proliferation pass that Assault Rifle did when I do their holstered versions. 💙
So they will be getting the Crey rifles!

• Thumbs Up 4

Red side, best side!

1 hour ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Beam Rifle and Pulse Rifle will get the same model proliferation pass that Assault Rifle did when I do their holstered versions. 💙

huzzah!

i can give 'Jeremiah Crey' a costume upgrade. poor fellow's been languishing at 30some for a couple of years 😀

2 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Can we also get Nemesis rifle 2 from the assault rifle weapons for beam rifle? It's got no magazine it could totally be a beam rifle.