Acrobatic Skills?

drgantz

Well, there's Jump Kick, as far as pools. 

/em Backflip for an emote...

Some of Martial Arts animations have you flipping, as I remember (been a *while* though.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Does the super reflexes tier 9 still do a backflip?  I remember that being a thing, but my rememberer isn't what it used to be.

I do think MA is your best bet.  It does a spin kick and a leaping kick that turns into a backflip.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

24 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I do think MA is your best bet.  It does a spin kick and a leaping kick that turns into a backflip.

Dragon's Tail and Eagle's Claw, I believe. And that's a good rec.  Base MA is super "kicky," though you can choose some "fisty" animations instead, iirc. 

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Parkour Stance gives you backflips as well, so you can use Athletic Run if you like that better.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Martial Assault: Spinning Kick is what it says.  Explosive Shuriken's animation is a leap, spin and throw.  Dragon's Tail, drop to the floor and sweep the leg, Johnny.  Throw in Jump Kick every other, or every 3rd, attack and you'll have a seamless acrobatic attack chain.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, drgantz said:

Are there any ablities that have an acrobatic appearance, such as doing flips?

To my knowledge,  Ninja Run is the only ability that can do  this.

Adding my voice to the MA pitch.   It is absolutely beautiful to have a scrapper run at a 6+ NPC mob, use Ninja Run to low somersault over their heads, land on the other side and immediately sweep into a Dragon's Tail, then follow through on any remaining standing target with Eagle's Claw.  Poetry in motion. This is why I have repeatedly asked for a single enhancement slot to for endurance reduction to neutralize Ninja Run's end drain.  Lacking that, I have to switch it off when I should be continuing its use.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Adding my voice to the MA pitch.   It is absolutely beautiful to have a scrapper run at a 6+ NPC mob, use Ninja Run to low somersault over their heads, land on the other side and immediately sweep into a Dragon's Tail, then follow through on any remaining standing target with Eagle's Claw.  Poetry in motion. This is why I have repeatedly asked for a single enhancement slot to for endurance reduction to neutralize Ninja Run's end drain.  Lacking that, I have to switch it off when I should be continuing its use.

always_a_ninja.thumb.jpg.e7a628b4c7c1c203f9a595466d252f09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

You could mix in some flip emotes with the attacks as well.

flip

Ghost_Widow_Emote_Flip.gif

Just make a macro and put them in you try and use them between power executions

/macro flip "e flip"

Edited by UltraAlt
still waking up
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.