Lull in content 40-49

Snarky

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Well, my latest obsession has been taking an AT powersets all the way through the game in near perfect level order of TF SF and Trials.   BUt there is that gap at the end.  Since I am “learning” the powers and synergy getting on ITFs and such that are 50+4 kill alls when I am effectively 49 is not helping me understand anything.  Levelling sure.  But I can farm myself way faster if I just wanted 50s

But why not just run regular content/arcs, if you neither want to farm your way to 50 nor be carried/PL'd via +4 TFs?

1 hour ago, biostem said:

But why not just run regular content/arcs, if you neither want to farm your way to 50 nor be carried/PL'd via +4 TFs?

Most of these projects are aimed at seeing how well the idea performs with a team.  That I do not want to recruit anew every 10 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

Most of these projects are aimed at seeing how well the idea performs with a team.  That I do not want to recruit anew every 10 minutes.

Just because they're on a TF with you doesn't mean they're locked in.  They can quit anytime they want to.

Frankly, it's easier to refill your team on the arcs and other missions.

Sounds like you're just in your own way.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

7 minutes ago, rolandgrey said:

Just because they're on a TF with you doesn't mean they're locked in.  They can quit anytime they want to.

Frankly, it's easier to refill your team on the arcs and other missions.

Sounds like you're just in your own way.

You're forgetting who you're talking to -- if Snarky were to form a TF, he'd quit immediately after it started just out of habit.

• Haha 4

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

2 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

You're forgetting who you're talking to -- if Snarky were to form a TF, he'd quit immediately after it started just out of habit.

I do forget I am leading about 20% time.  I'm like "why aren't they posting the damn mission?"

• Haha 1

Ya doing all the blues side TFS will end you around LVL 40-42 then you can often start up the hunt the pratroerans quests in pi to get from 40-47 ish by the time you kill all 10? I think it's 10 of them. Then your just left to itf or radio but if you want to LVL fast itf is the only answer. You can get from LVL 45-50 in one kill most itf. I do agree there should be more TFS just for the fun of it there nice to recrute for and easy to fill. But no harder to fill then a itf or a radio team. 

The standard mishens  drops I don't think anyone gives a tiny care about. They don't want a 12 mish long ark in there mishens logs when they can only hold three and probably will out level or never come back to this one anyway. If they ever want to do them they have Oro. But I would not be shocked if like 90% of the people playing never used Oro for that or even beat a single mishens ark after the kings row skull one. 

Idk what tf the devs could even add for LVL 40 though. I think all the bigs bads have stuff done by then? Do Malta have a tf? And is market crash just 50?

Market Crash is 40-50.

No, the Malta Group doesn't have a TF, but they do show up in the Lord Recluse Strike Force for a mission.

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

I do forget I am leading about 20% time.  I'm like "why aren't they posting the damn mission?"

Hahahaha! Snarky you're such a... no wait... I've done that too.  Nevermind.

• Haha 2

On 5/26/2023 at 3:27 PM, ZemX said:

You say there's no content but this is only because apparently you've decided you want to run only task forces and then only ones that DON'T go up to 50.  So yeah, given those parameters, there's nothing for you to do. 

If  "I only want to run TFs" is the constraint, I don't understand the OP complaint:

On 5/25/2023 at 5:13 PM, Snarky said:

My latest binge is a Seismic Earth Blaster.  I chose not to farm myself at all.  Planning to do every Task Force, Strike Force, and Trial in roughly level order.  I did DFB 4 times for the buffs to low 20s.  I did DiB once for damage buff to 30 and badges.  I used the double exp booster.  I did every TF except TV 1 Treespec 1 and Ice Mistral that cap out pre 40 or 40.  That left me at level 43.

Despite the DfB buffs lasting into the early 20's... that isn't a level 20 "Task Forces"... so I think there is some arbitrary ignoring of moving goalposts.... certainly on the question of "is it legit to run TF/SF for rewards after you have out-leveled the content" when you only want to play "team content". Why is it ok to keep running DfB above level 10 but it wouldn't be OK to keep run a Mortimer Khal TF?

Classically (once the game had level 40+ content) I believe there was a "lull" in 40+ content (even discounting the way debt used to work), but I am not seeing it at all on Homecoming. Generally, my level 40+ characters make one of two (non-Ouroboros) choices:

• Turn up the spawn sizes, because by level 40+ some fraction of my characters can handle larger spawns
  • Run x1 spawn mission arcs that I may have missed along the way, including:
    • Cape/Aura missions
    • Costume & Store missions
    • Vanguard missions
    • PVP zone missions
    • Signature Story Arcs
    • Patron Arcs

If I'm really feeling like I've missed out on something (e.g. red-side fighting heroes) ... I will solo Ouroboros content. Ultimately it depends on what I want sooner: XP (larger spawns) or Rewards (more missions, smaller spawns).

1 hour ago, tidge said:

If  "I only want to run TFs" is the constraint, I don't understand the OP complaint:

Despite the DfB buffs lasting into the early 20's... that isn't a level 20 "Task Forces"... so I think there is some arbitrary ignoring of moving goalposts.... certainly on the question of "is it legit to run TF/SF for rewards after you have out-leveled the content" when you only want to play "team content". Why is it ok to keep running DfB above level 10 but it wouldn't be OK to keep run a Mortimer Khal TF?

Classically (once the game had level 40+ content) I believe there was a "lull" in 40+ content (even discounting the way debt used to work), but I am not seeing it at all on Homecoming. Generally, my level 40+ characters make one of two (non-Ouroboros) choices:

• Turn up the spawn sizes, because by level 40+ some fraction of my characters can handle larger spawns
  • Run x1 spawn mission arcs that I may have missed along the way, including:
    • Cape/Aura missions
    • Costume & Store missions
    • Vanguard missions
    • PVP zone missions
    • Signature Story Arcs
    • Patron Arcs

If I'm really feeling like I've missed out on something (e.g. red-side fighting heroes) ... I will solo Ouroboros content. Ultimately it depends on what I want sooner: XP (larger spawns) or Rewards (more missions, smaller spawns).

Well, first you missed the explanation WHY I do DFB 4 times.  But realizing you are lost is the first step.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Well, first you missed the explanation WHY I do DFB 4 times.  But realizing you are lost is the first step.

To get boosts that expire? Why not run content to use boosts?

1 hour ago, tidge said:

To get boosts that expire? Why not run content to use boosts?

Yes, those boosts expire.  After I run the Posi 1, Posi 2, Synapse, and Tarikoss.  Then I do ONE DiB to renew the +Dam to 30.  I suppose I do run some content to use boosts.  I cannot find any TF/SF/Trials in that level range besides these and the Hollows one.  Which I tend to pass on.  

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Yes, those boosts expire.  After I run the Posi 1, Posi 2, Synapse, and Tarikoss.  Then I do ONE DiB to renew the +Dam to 30.  I suppose I do run some content to use boosts.  I cannot find any TF/SF/Trials in that level range besides these and the Hollows one.  Which I tend to pass on.  

Signature Story Arcs start at Level 10.

10 minutes ago, tidge said:

Signature Story Arcs start at Level 10.

They get a bad rap because of the story/deaths/silly choice of the Big Bad in WWD.  Pandora's is better.

I like running them while I level a toon for the easy merits.  Heldenjager is super easy to recruit for as it is a great way to get Unveiler.  On Topic for our resident Vamp: That one starts at level 40. 😉

The finale for Pandora's is a hoot. Good times in that last mission.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.