What does your "macro toolkit" for new characters look like?

UltraAlt

My "macro tool kit" for new characters:

/macro try1 "goto_tray 1"
/macro try2 "goto_tray 2"
/macro Heal "inspexec_name respite$$inspexec_name dramatic_improvement$$inspexec_name resurgence"
/macro Auction AH
/macro flw "follow"

/macro fx0 "noparticles 1"
/macro fx1 "noparticles 0"
/macro Grat "team Gratz!$$e clap"
/macro Thks "team Thanks!$$e bow"

/macro x "petcomall dismiss"

/macro Key "enterbasefrompasscode x"

^^^ where x = a base's passcode - most of the time one that I created on the current server^^ this is used to get into a base before I go back and add the new character to an existing sg with /altinvite.

If you need access to a base on a server and don't have one - no problem check here :: 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Excelsior_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Everlasting_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Torchbearer_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Reunion_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Indomitable_Base_List

I put most of my main powers into tray 1 along with a button to heal and try2 to flip to tray 2 as active.

My tray 2 is for secondary powers along with a button to heal and try1 to flip to tray 1 as active.

So my main tray stack look like:

1 (active tray - so this one toggles between tray 1 and 2 with the tray change macros)

3 is in the middle and holds powers that have to be targeted on the ground or want easy access to, but don't want in tray 1 or 2.

Toggle powers go into another tray that is only for toggle powers.

FX0-macro turns off a large amount of SFX but not all of them. [So "all white" characters and some SFX may still be an issue to some with eye issues]

FX1-marco turns SFX back on, but you have to zone for it to fully reset some SFX to "on"/"show" mode.

---- if I immediately make other costumes, I'll set-up costume changes as well. ----

/macro name "cc #"
/macro name "cce # ccemote"
/macro IB  "cce # ccemote$$goto_tray 9"
/macro Super "cce # ccemote$$goto_tray 1"

name = name of your macro
cce # = slot # first slot is 0, second is 2, etc
ccemote = one of these below (eg. 
ccspin)

ccbackflip cchowl ccevillaugh ccspin ccnuke 
cclightning ccprestochango ccdrinkformula 
ccsmokebomb ccninjaleap CCDimensionShift ccfurburst 
ccsalute ccvanguardsigil cccast ccsuperserum 
ccenergymorph ccrapidboil ccfeatherburst 
ccfurspin ccoilstrike ccpressurerelease 
cciceblock ccstoneblock ccfireworks 
ccpureenergy ccnuke ccmurderofcrows 
ccconfettithrow ccgiftburst ccinnerwill 
cclightmagic ccrainbow

The Super and IB macros are for when I make an innocent bystander costume, and I don't want the character to have access to super-powers in their non-powered form. The powers that I don't consider to be superpowers are loaded into tray 9 along with the Super macro to change into Super form (which also flips to tray 1 where my main superpowers are located).

I put the IB macro button and a second Super macro button into another tray that I would also have any additional costume change emotes located in.

-----

So what does your "macro tool kit" for new characters look like?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

These are fantastic

From my start during live used the key-mapping options in the menu.

Mapped all my powers to trays 1-3(mostly) and the numpad.

Costume - Shift F1, F2 etc 

Teammates - numbers 1-8

I've always used a controller to play.

Pretty early on playing COH, I started using a Logitech Gamepad 310 which is basically like the wired controller for a PlayStation 2.

My controller configurations and tray setups are found here ::

The only keybind changes that I have made is to change the "cancel power" from "z" to "~" as in never cancel a power using "z", and I've historically used "z" for push-to-talk in TeamSpeak and Discord.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I'm working on a Popmenu with particular macro_image powexec_location macros for the drop patches in (eventually) every powerset, general keybinds (chat, Dominator movement+Domination/Hasten, etc).

This Popmenu was started by @Krogoth and will be shared with credit, and with his permission when I am done with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Col. Kernel said:

I'm working on a Popmenu

Sounds good.

Not something I will probably use, but I'm sure a lot of other players would find it useful.

I like to throw /maxinactivefps 1 in there in case maybe I have an instance of CoH running in the background and I really don't NEED to have 30fps. 

That sometimes comes in handy, saving resources for applications that are running in the foreground, like another instance of CoH.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You should use a domingator to play instead.

I did one time, but it keep trying to bite my fingers, and I had to pay more attention to it than the game play.

I do have a popmenu that sets up my macros that I use.   (One of which is a popmenu with a bunch of different base destinations)

I'll try to remember to post it later.   I think I use binds for a few things like team Gratz, and teleports.

Most of my macros are targetting of surgeons (which gets modified for other targets as needed) and calling the BadgeSetList, Conversion, WindowScaler, etc... menus)

• Thumbs Up 1

/macro TN "target_enemy_near" 

Anything past that feels like to much work that keeps me from getting into the pewpewpew.  I mean, an MM might get some pet commands as I don't do keybinds, but otherwise?  Eh, I'll get by.  It's good to know I could do them if I wanted to though, sure.

• Sad 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have a set of common macros stored in a text file that I load into every character...

$$macroslot 53 "  8   Team Select Next" "teamselect 1$$bind_load_file /binds/teamselect2.txt"

^^This is for easily checking to make sure everyone on my team is actually with my team and not with another team. Useful when running Trials in large leagues. It's a rotating "text macro."

Macro SI "enterbasefrompasscode si-7230"

macro "Edit Base" "editbase 1$$angle_snap 0$$grid_snap 0$$room_clip 1"

macro "Invite 3 Friends" "get_local_invite globalname1$$getlocalinvite globalname2$$getlocalinvite globalname3"

macro Hosting "LFG Hosting lvl $level $side mission team, pst"

macro LFG "LFG Lvl $level $side $archetype LFT"

Macro "Global Name" "getglobalname $target"

Macro AFK "afk I'm AFK at the moment...$$startchat"

I also have a Custom Window on every character that has both macros and pop menus. It houses a myriad of system settings among other things. Here's some pics...

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 3.42.54 PM.jpg

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

Edited by BlackSpectre

I start with, and still recommend new users start with, the GABB bindfile. It cleans up all the bizarre and anti-intuitive ca-2005 notions of WASD control and adds a number of useful commands, a number of which are already part of previous posts.

I add alt-specific stuff from there.

And I have several standard macro loaders, less elegant than BS's, but they're load-build-unload and easily customizable.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 6/8/2023 at 3:04 AM, UltraAlt said:

/macro Key "enterbasefrompasscode x"

^^^ where x = a base's passcode - most of the time one that I created on the current server^^ this is used to get into a base before I go back and add the new character to an existing sg with /altinvite.

If you need access to a base on a server and don't have one - no problem check here :: 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Excelsior_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Everlasting_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Torchbearer_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Reunion_Base_List

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Indomitable_Base_List

And you can use all of this information together by creating a long command that will attempt to access a whole list of bases - for each server I play on - and only the correct one will function.  It would look like this:

f3 "enterbasefrompasscode VF-5738$$enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608$$enterbasefrompasscode Enclave-687$$enterbasefrompasscode TORCHCS-5949"

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

/macro ACC "popmenu passiveblue"

image.thumb.png.f6ab62f73b4525af29956a486b72b4f5.png

I just don't need much more.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum