Is there a way to track your progress towards badges?

Sheeshab

Returning player here (I have not played since retail).   

I want to get the Exploration Badges (for Atlas Park for instance) to unlock the travel bonuses.  How do I know which points within Atlas Park I have already seen?

Also, are the badges character specific or account specific?

Thanks

Exploration badges are character specific. (Thus having to unlock the LRT power on every character. Which makes sense. Just because character 1 visited Detroit doesn't mean every other character on the account has.)

As far as which ones you've visited, other than looking at your badges and comparing to a list of what's there, no. (Generally I'll leave the fog of war on, so I can see where I've been, 'til I have them all.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I use a badge popmenu.  There are probably several good ones, but the one I use is linked below.   On this one the badges are separated by category.  So for explore badges, you go to that category, pick the zone you're in, and the ones you already have are highlighted.   For badges you don't have, there's another item on the same menu you can pick which will place a pin at that badge's location.

Easy peasy.

Create a macro button for your tray like this:

/macro BM popmenu BadgeSetList

18 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

There's a utility that's life altering for badge management.  Details are here:

18 hours ago, ZemX said:

Create a macro button for your tray like this:

/macro BM popmenu BadgeSetList

Ok, yes 🤯 mind blown! I usually leave exploration and history badges for when I feel like going around and getting everything at once in a zone (IE: Atlas gets all exploration and plaques as soon as I'm out of the tutorial for the teleporter power). This will help a lot and keep me from alt/tabbing out to the wiki a bazillion times. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

1 hour ago, Skyhawke said:

I usually leave exploration and history badges for when I feel like going around and getting everything at once in a zone

That's how collect badges/plaques as well and I made a couple of mods that help with that specific approach. One is a set of in-game maps (similar to and based on vidiotmaps) and the second is a popmenu. Both allow you to follow the shortest path around the zone to collect all the badges/plaques.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a new one that seems pretty good: City Mod Installer, IIRC.

Works where the other stopped working.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

5 hours ago, JasperStone said:

That is what I am using

Not sure what might be the issue.  I don't use it a lot, but seems to be running on my linux system setup.   (Though I tend to use BadgeSetList outside the modder since I do a couple modifications to it myself afterwards.)

Be sure to click the "Install to Launcher" button when you run it. Only needs to happen once, but it really needs to happen.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 6/13/2023 at 12:49 PM, Sheeshab said:

Returning player here (I have not played since retail).   

I want to get the Exploration Badges (for Atlas Park for instance) to unlock the travel bonuses.  How do I know which points within Atlas Park I have already seen?

Also, are the badges character specific or account specific?

Thanks

In a zone?  Tough.  You have to manually track them.  This is a true pain when you badge Goldside.  They have 8 (or 9+) location badges, then plaques, then graffiti, and then river spots.  I take out a scratch pad when I start those zones.  Worse yet, the graffiti and the river (and the train) are multi zone puzzles.  KEEP TRACK on paper!!!

In a zone like Atlas?  I just pick a direction and count them off in my head, plaques and badges.  Atlas has a lot of plaques.  Most zones have 2-3 max.  If you finish and do not get the zone accolade and 5 merits you just open recent badges and compare to the zone map.  go pick up the one you missed.  But make double sure you got all plaques.  That gets ugly if you miss one and cant tell until way later.