Make long-range teleport points a P2W buyable?

It takes over 450 badges across all the zones to unlock all of the teleport points in the long-range teleporter power. Sure, that's fine on one or two toons, but when you have upwards of a few dozen it gets to be a huge burden.

Would it be feasible to, after you've unlocked all the zones once, just "buy" it on other toons on your account? Like from P2W? I'm not asking for the badges to be granted without work, just the long-range teleport points.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

@hollow effigy || everlasting

Excuse me? You need to get all the exploration badges in one zone to unlock the LRT power, then you only need one exploration badge in a zone to unlock that zone as an LRT destination. You don't need a zone exploration accolade to unlock the zone for LRT.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, hollow effigy said:

It takes over 450 badges across all the zones to unlock all of the teleport points in the long-range teleporter power. Sure, that's fine on one or two toons, but when you have upwards of a few dozen it gets to be a huge burden.

Would it be feasible to, after you've unlocked all the zones once, just "buy" it on other toons on your account? Like from P2W? I'm not asking for the badges to be granted without work, just the long-range teleport points.

I know I have all the badge locals memorized for AP and SC but, you only have to get all the badges in 1 zone to unlock LRT.  After that, it's just one badge per zone to teleport back to it.

4 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Excuse me? You need to get all the exploration badges in one zone to unlock the LRT power, then you only need one exploration badge in a zone to unlock that zone as an LRT destination. You don't need a zone exploration accolade to unlock the zone for LRT.

Really? I thought you needed all the badges in a zone to unlock it.

Disregard my suggestion. 😅

• Haha 1

@hollow effigy || everlasting

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I'm bugged then. (What a surprise.) I only seem to get new zones added to the LRT when I get the zone explore accolade for getting all 8 explores in the zone.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, hollow effigy said:

Really? I thought you needed all the badges in a zone to unlock it.

Nope. Just one one zone accolade for the unlock of the transporter (or buy it at the P2W) and one exploration badge per zone as @srmalloy said.

I always unlock it in Atlas.

My original path was from the old base portal in Atlas which was moved.

At this point, after getting my character setup once they have zoned in and I've going to get all my P2W stuff (which includes one of the non-combat flight powers), I then start in the south inside of the vanguard building (in the south on the map below. enter, go up the stairs to the left and go a little more left at the top), fly to top of the globe, fly into City Hall (get the one on the left just before the Supergroup Registry desk and then downstairs down the hall, last door the right, all the way back, to in front of the Warbug? entrance), back out of City Hall, to the top of city hall (near the flag), down in front of the Hero Corps guy standing near the base portal, then (altering from the red line) up to the badge marked 1 (in the far north; lower roof facing east near the antennae ) and then to badge marked as 2 in the east (look for the Water tower on the building, lower rooftop far southwest corner along the edge of the roof).

It usually goes pretty fast.

I go this route now as the next place I go is to the Pocket D - on the East side of City Hall there is a truck with Pocket D fliers on it (and on the ground I think). 

If you don't have a supergroup base, just yell out in /help and some will give you access to a base that you can use at any base portal. Most bases have access to all the zones in the game that you would normally  have access to.

35422299_AtlasTourGuidePath.thumb.png.3dcb87bdd11c5dc6ebf4a1eb92ab12c3.png

The only other ones that I bother unlocking are:

Pocket D - on the hero side, go into the room where the monkey fights are held. Go up the steps. Go directly back to the couch at the far wall. It's on the floor

Steel - I take the tram to the north. Exit out of the tram and go out the back way away from the entrance. Travel pretty much directly back. See a statue a little to the right. The badge is between the statue's feet.

Talos - from the tram, go across the street and up the hill. It's on the top more to the far left hand side of the top if you are heading from the tram.

Peregrine Island - from the base portal, head into the middle Portal Corps building. The badge is in the metal/mutant/alien/magic energy detector (don't set off any alarms! just kidding, sort of ....)

Pretty much, I use the SG base portal to get everywhere I need to go. The ones above are the only zones that I might have a need to get to quickly. 

Pocket D - to get to the P2W vendor

Steel - drops you right off where Posi 1 and Posi 2 start.

Talos - It's the nexus. It drops you directly in front of the Tram.

Peregrine - because the Tram doesn't link to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I just tried it on my elec melee/willpower brute. I have LRT on that character with lots of zones still locked. I was in Cap au Diable, so I went and grabbed the Master of Science explore badge. Cap au Diable is still a locked zone through LRT for me.

(Edit: See post 3 down for update.)

Edited by Rudra

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I'm bugged then. (What a surprise.) I only seem to get new zones added to the LRT when I get the zone explore accolade for getting all 8 explores in the zone.

Are you using the yellow icon or the green one?

I never use the yellow/gold one.

The Green one always shows me the zone as being unlocked after one exploration is found in a zone (and you can get TIPS for the explore badges now if you fight (enough) enemies on the street in a zone <- but I'm sure you knew this part.)

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 minute ago, UltraAlt said:

Are you using the yellow icon or the green one?

I never use the yellow/gold one.

The Green one always shows me the zone as being unlocked after one exploration is found in a zone (and you can get TIPS for the explore badges now if you fight (enough) enemies on the street in a zone <- but I'm sure you knew this part.)

What green icon one?!

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Rudra said:

29 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I just tried it on my elec melee/willpower brute. I have LRT on that character with lots of zones still locked. I was in Cap au Diable, so I went and grabbed the Master of Science explore badge. Cap au Diable is still a locked zone through LRT for me.

Okay, it's weird. I grabbed a Nerva Archipelago explore to test again, and it failed. Then I tried again after it recharged, and it worked. So I guess you have to wait for the unlock to take.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove extraneous "the" and unnecessary "went back and".

23 minutes ago, Rudra said:

What green icon one?!

If you have the Long Range Travel power unlocked, open up your powers window.

Drag that Green one that says "Fast Travel" down into your power tray and use that one.

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.08.08 - 13.55.30.27.jpg

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Okay, it's weird. I grabbed a Nerva Archipelago explore to test again, and it failed. Then the I went back and tried again after it recharged, and it worked. So I guess you have to wait for the unlock to take.

Zoning in or out of a location will usually refresh most things. Try that next time after you get a badge in an area.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, UltraAlt said:

If you have the Long Range Travel power unlocked, open up your powers window.

Drag that Green one that says "Fast Travel" down into your power tray and use that one.

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.08.08 - 13.55.30.27.jpg

The green Fast Travel power just gives you access to the Long Range Teleport power as well as the other teleport powers like Base Transporter in a single power instead of having to slot and click each individual power for use. You are still using the same gold icon Long Range Teleport power, just through an intermediary power.

59 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The green Fast Travel power just gives you access to the Long Range Teleport power as well as the other teleport powers like Base Transporter in a single power instead of having to slot and click each individual power for use. You are still using the same gold icon Long Range Teleport power, just through an intermediary power.

Then I'm at a complete loss as to why you wouldn't be unlocking a Zone with one exploration badge after unlocking the Long Range Teleporter.

I'm... sorta ambivalent for this one.  Partly I'm not a fan of P2W and the unlocks are easy enough as it is, but on the other hand... all these unlocks save you is a loading screen.  LRTP drops you at the SG portal in the destination zone (same as the base teleporters), and you can use /enterbasefrompasscode for a few seconds after casting LRTP (10s?), so there's not a huge advantage to buying these.

1 hour ago, Akisan said:

you can use /enterbasefrompasscode for a few seconds after casting LRTP (10s?)

I thought that was disabled?

Though since the Base Transporter power has the same recharge as the Long Range Teleport power, I suppose that works as a suitable sub for the Long Range Teleport power. Just have your base teleporters at or near the base entrance. (Especially since HC took away the need to have all the explores for a zone grabbed while in SG mode or part of a SG before being able to grab the zone beacon for the teleporters. Thank goodness for that change.)

5 hours ago, Rudra said:
7 hours ago, Akisan said:

you can use /enterbasefrompasscode for a few seconds after casting LRTP (10s?)

Not last I checked (has been a few weeks though, since I've all the LRTP destinations).  All they disabled was the ability to instantly TP away (since it was being abused as an exploit).

I mostly only use that trick to quickly visit other people's bases if it comes up while chatting. (If I don't just drop a base portal instead, so they can join me / give tours / whatever).

Oh, and also worth noting - /enterbasefrompasscode still works as original if you're inside *any* SG base. (or near a base portal)

Edit - summoned base portals count too!

Edited by Akisan
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

Just using it on its own? Yes.

Hittling LRTP and using it? Nope.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:
On 8/8/2023 at 11:20 AM, Rudra said:

Check again. That's not how it works. Only the first zone is like that.

Why did you edit out the edit that said to check an update post on the matter? I did already check again. That's why that edit is on that post.