Character Creator

Herotu

Well, I started playing around i2, so Maybe? Hard to say as it wasn't tweaked too much IIRC.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

Pepperidge Farm rememb...

ah, I do remember that.  Seems primitive today, but it was light years ahead of other games.

Still is. I've not seen any creator page that offers the versatility that we have. That's 2 decades after it was launched

• Thumbs Up 3

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

3 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Still is. I've not seen any creator page that offers the versatility that we have. That's 2 decades after it was launched

I'm drawing blanks on the names of the games partly because it was some time ago, and I never played them, but there have been character designers which go into far more detail. I still think CoH is really good despite its age. I recently took a character and redid their look. Even though the new look is incredibly basic, the change is significantly better. I was poking around and went, 'Wait, when did this pattern get added?'

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

13 hours ago, biostem said:

I don't remember that layout.  How early in the game's life was that from?

Release date.  We could call that the rough draft Issue 0 release without any proof reading.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Boy, give us more options in the character creator Dev's!!!
   Oh wait... they did! lol 😁 And man, has the means of creating a character never looked so good. 🙂 The game has come a SUPER long way since it's inception, and I for one am extremely thankful that some people who LOVED the game as much as us, refused to let it die a horrible death. CoH is very much a extremely unique game in many, many ways', and it always makes me smile seeing how things have continued grown, and bless us all, even to this day. It's just one more reason why CoH is both so unique and fantastic, and I for one am thankful for it. As far as other games character creator's goes though, @Without_Pause is correct. Several games have been made with extremely great character look customization, but in the end, CoH was the one (and only one at the time) that did it FIRST to this extent. And that's saying a lot... 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

7 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I'm drawing blanks on the names of the games partly because it was some time ago, and I never played them, but there have been character designers which go into far more detail. I still think CoH is really good despite its age. I recently took a character and redid their look. Even though the new look is incredibly basic, the change is significantly better. I was poking around and went, 'Wait, when did this pattern get added?'

There are other games that have "prettier" character creators - and some offer many different items - but very few are as well laid out or as intuitive as the one that we have. It seems your complaint is more related to the basic modelling in our game, not the options, the ability to place. Champignons Online has a pretty good creator from memory, but it lacked options and the whole cartoony thing annoyed me greatly. YMMV. Similarly The Secret World arguably had better graphics but their character/costume options were limited and so it lacks the out of the box flexibility.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

11 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I guess that depends on what "aspects" of a character you're wanting to have, but yeah, compared to the limited PG-13 games I've seen, that's about right.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)