Thumbs Up to our Devs!

drgantz

• City Council
1 hour ago, pawstruck said:

It is a little silly for me (34 y/o) to spend my tiny amount of free time pretending to be a superhero in a 20 year old game, but thanks for making it possible. 😄

P.S.: Looking forward to the next balance patch... soon? 🙂 

Can't speak for timelines in regards to when Page 7 will go Live, but we're getting close to open beta. Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Its funny because I am still going around exploring new-to-me content that has been around for a long time, and haven't really felt like I needed an update outside of powersets getting fixed. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Its funny because I am still going around exploring new-to-me content that has been around for a long time, and haven't really felt like I needed an update outside of powersets getting fixed. 

Same. My redside char is running old contacts/mishes that I don't remember AT ALL, and I'm like, Huh...this ain't bad. 

Speaking of: Darla Mavis. This is a legacy contact, right? Recently ran this, and I swear to God, I don't remember her arc at all. (and man - she mean, y'all. I like it!).

• Like 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I have to be honest, lately I have wondered what the devs were up to, because it HAS been a while, but I was thinking of it more from a standpoint of "I wonder what they're working on" than "why hasn't there been an update???"

I think we got spoiled by what the dev team was able to accomplish during the spaghetti time that was March 2020 through ~August 2022 or so.  Cut them some slack!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

43 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Same. My redside char is running old contacts/mishes that I don't remember AT ALL, and I'm like, Huh...this ain't bad. 

Speaking of: Darla Mavis. This is a legacy contact, right? Recently ran this, and I swear to God, I don't remember her arc at all. (and man - she mean, y'all. I like it!).

I have a Dark/sr Scrapper for covering another run through red side. Even at a low level I am seeing new stuff.

I had some characters going through blue side, and it is interesting to think about how much of a Band-Aid radio missions are for content. There are blue side contacts without arcs. There's at least one which is virtually nothing but timed missions or another which is practically all hunts. This says nothing about how much of these missions are in other zones. Instead of fixing contacts they created radio missions so those old contacts are essentially never really run unless you intentionally or accidently do so. Radio missions didn't add content. It killed a bunch of it. There's so much content which could be added if nothing else was done than to further incorporate hazard zones which seem to be only used for specific content or finding ways to add in content related to the Echo zones. 

I concede it is likely a lost cause, but adding post Level 20 content to Gold side could be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Boooooooo!

Its currently Halloween so I cant tell if this is 

I'm a ghost Booooooo!

or actual negative feedback?

& snarky has the whole sarcasm thing on lock

You are always helpful afaik

So I'm genuinely confused......

Also Yes great job Devs'

So so glad to be home

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen
  • Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I concede it is likely a lost cause, but adding post Level 20 content to Gold side could be interesting.

It's not specific to Goldsiders, but I consider the wards to be the continuation. Could use level 40(?) To 50 gold side though. My dream is a Hami warzone that takes place chronologically after Number Six's arc where people are battling to retake Praetoria. I'd also like the main storyline with Battalion and whatever advanced at some point also. I know these are pipe dreams probably since it would take massive amounts of work to accomplish though. 

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

The thread was pruned, including a prior comment that I had made.  So it was a dual Halloween "Booo" and a "Booo, I've been moderated."

If you had quoted the posterior head-adornment, then that post would have gotten nixed along with the quoted post. Same happened to mine and that's okay.

I don't expect the devs to follow some rigid time-table, heck, I don't expect them to follow a loose time-table or one set by Nerf Darts®.  Quite frankly, I'm just happy that the lights are on and I can once again enjoy playing with my Legacy peeps that are here.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 hours ago, A Cat said:

It's not specific to Goldsiders, but I consider the wards to be the continuation. Could use level 40(?) To 50 gold side though. My dream is a Hami warzone that takes place chronologically after Number Six's arc where people are battling to retake Praetoria. I'd also like the main storyline with Battalion and whatever advanced at some point also. I know these are pipe dreams probably since it would take massive amounts of work to accomplish though. 

I get the Wards being a fill in. I would still like more though. Gold side feels like something the devs started but never finished. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

17 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Yeah but those powersets getting fixed is huge content for me. Storm Blast, for example, is really just for the pixels for me because the Storm Cell mechanic isn't really workable on teams. I love blasters (and the animation for Direct Strike is my favorite in the game), and would love to see a couple of small tweaks to make this set very cool!

I work 1.5 jobs, I'm a dad, etc. so where my life is right now I can't really enjoy new Task Forces that take 1+hrs, or spend a bunch of time playing with Mids. I get maybe half an hour a day to pretend I work with Stan Lee making up superheroes and watching them in action... so the better it feels, the more "content" I'm enjoying. I do recognize that others enjoy the game differently, though! 😅

Hey Devs, thumbs up.

👍

• Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Yes thank you so much for all the hard work in keeping this game we love aline and kicking 

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?