mechanics question

drbuzzard

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Best pizza topping is fresh hearts and hot peppers.  Obviously

This is why you never take culinary advice from the undead.  Fresh makes the crust soggy.  Grind the hearts up, season them and let them cure for a few months, then top your pizza with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

When it comes to attributes, your resistance will resist all aspects of that attribute (e.g. Current, Strength, Resistance).

For example, if you have 40% damage resistance, it will resist 40% of the damage you take (Current), it will resist 40% of damage strength debuffs you take (Strength), and it will resist 40% of damage resistance debuffs you take (Resistance).

Again, this goes for all attributes. If you have 40% endurance resistance, it will resist 40% of an endurance drain you take (Current), it will resist 40% of an endurance strength debuff you take (Strength, e.g. Ice Arrow does -strength debuffs), and it will resist 40% of an endurance resistance debuff you take (Resistance, e.g. Acid Arrow does -resistance debuffs).

Once you understand that, you'll know almost everything you need to know about the resistance mechanic in this game.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 11/10/2023 at 9:20 AM, Snarky said:

I was shocked to learn damage resistance resisted itself being debuffed. Now i learn it resists lowering of the damage dealt as well.  Damn. Thanks

This is exactly where I was a few weeks ago.  I did not realize that the mechanism for resisting damage resistance debuffs (your smashing resistance getting lowered) was the same mechanism for resisting damage debuffs (the smashing damage you inflict getting lowered), which is simply your smashing damage resistance at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

6 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

This is exactly where I was a few weeks ago.  I did not realize that the mechanism for resisting damage resistance debuffs (your smashing resistance getting lowered) was the same mechanism for resisting damage debuffs (the smashing damage you inflict getting lowered), which is simply your smashing damage resistance at the time.

Really makes clunky old resistance armors more appealing.

16 hours ago, biostem said:

I see no problems, here...

Thats blasphemy *nod nod*

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?