The Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #55: Who or what are you thankful for with CoX?

DougGraves

There is a player with Grams in their global ID who makes lots of lower level teams.  They start a new character and run teams through  DFB, Hollows, Striga, and Croatoa.  

I have them as a global friend although I am not sure they have any idea who I am.  I join their teams a lot.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am grateful CoH exists.   Thanks Homecoming Team!   This place has been very good for me.  While I snarkily disagree with some creative decisions (PAs…really?), I have to give a *fancy bow with *cape flourish to the wonderful professional volunteers who have raised this Titanic and keep her floating.   Top notch writing on new arcs, nose to the grindstone cleanup, and an obvious love for the game.  Which allows me to interact with all of my adoring fans. 😎 sooooo Thanks

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Boring answer, but I have to agree with Snarky. The fact that we're even here still blows my mind 4 years later. I can't think of another game so handily raised from the dead and still kicking.

I'm also incredibly thankful to all the amazing folks both here on the forum and in the discord who've helped me work through the learning process that is Mids. My time on live was predominantly filled with basic IO builds due to the frankly insane costs of sets, so I'd never really learned the set-bonus tetris required to really flesh a character out. Going from that annoying guy asking for people to make me a build to someone who can confidently craft my own has given me so many more hours of enjoyment out of the game.

I have no idea if you frequent these forums Arklide and Shin_Rekkoha, but ya'll are wonderful people. 

• Like 3

Just happy to have the game back and able to play it whenever I desire.

I do like (most of) the decisions the Dev teams have made on HC, but I'd be happy to play it if it was exactly the same as it was on the day before shutdown.

• Like 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Ty volunteers who keep the lights on in the city every month.  Very thankful for the players who form teams/make events happen or even the small stuff life helping out noobs in chat by answering questions.  

• Like 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Happy and thankful for:

The Devs who necroed our favorite MMO!

The community here that makes playing this game so much fun.

Being able to tell my uncle (who only played COH and didn't like any other MMO) this was back and seeing the smile on his face.

Sister Solaris's outfit. (hubba hubba)

• Like 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

The fairly predictable answer that it's here. That we had people running it and digging into it between shutdown and the explosion of private servers, so it could be expanded on as much as we can without all the original documentation and tools, even if some decided to demonize those people.

And thankful for the folks I've met and re-met since coming back. All the new stories to tell.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Besides the obvious "I'm thankful that the game is back" thing, I'm also thankful that Sentinels exist. The number tweaking isn't perfect on them, but the concept and playstyle of ranged blast with armor was a gigantic gaping hole in the live game. And since I tend to drift towards "jack of all trades" characters like S76 in Overwatch, The Soldier in TF2, or medium/heavy mechs in Mechwarrior, they fit like a glove. 

EDIT: And I almost forgot to mention that I'm very thankful for the progression/economy being "unfucked" here on HC. Live had good moment to moment gameplay but the grind was horrendous, as if it were designed by Westin Phipps himself to inflict maximum cruelty. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Thankful the game came back, and in such a way that it's a breeze to play the way you want. Thankful, too, for the community, and the friends I've made along the way.:-)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'm thankful to be able to play the Homecoming version of City of Heroes.

I loved City of Heroes for years.

Then came the F2P and massive monetization ... even for the subscribers.

I'm so glad that City of Heroes is back as it was when I loved playing it.

... and I'm thankful to the Homecoming DEVs for running the game and making all the cool news stuff for it over the years since I started playing here on Homecoming.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.