[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 1st, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 3

TK:

Honestly, if I could choose the higher end cost in exchange for the power not shutting down when Levitate is used, I'd do so. FWIW,  with the auto shutdown at 30 seconds, the 3.1 end per second probably wouldn't drain an end bar on its own, so I think the cost is worthwhile for additional AoE damage. Additionally, TK+Lev'd foes now land on thier feet, negating the soft contol aspect of Levitate. So while I love the extra damage combo, I'm not sure that the powers also working against each other is warranted 

Still, I'll test it out and see how it feels, and post some proper feedback in the focused feedback thread.

• Like 2

What is a wet target? How do you make someone wet? That is not a status I'm aware of. Do targets get wet from water blast or something like freezing rain? Maybe I've been missing something since issue 4?

Edited by Neogumbercules

P41648053 Dialoge:

(Page 7, Build 3)

1. Make character

2. Register character and Enter World

3. Skip Tutorial

4. Choose Villain; Arrive in Mercy

5. Choose 'no helper' tag as you run up to the The Next Big Thing exploration marker

Notice the P41648053 dialoge

(side issue: System text says I have not been placed in the Help channel, but Both Global and Help tab have Help set to 'on' by default - new user experience might benefit from telling folks to use the Help channel for specific questions)

Stalker change is a good middle ground fix 😄 

Arsenal control sleep change ! , the spec gonna feel way better 

Now just need to change the diversity bonus from 5 role to 5 AT 😄 

6 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

What is a wet target? How do you make someone wet? That is not a status I'm aware of. Do targets get wet from water blast or something like freezing rain? Maybe I've been missing something since issue 4?

new powerset : Pee blast ! or spit blast 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Exploration Badges

• Now grant 1 bar of Patrol XP (instead of a scaling amount of XP based on your level

Is this per accolade or per badge?

---

Is there a level limit on this?  because 50s with a few hundred bars of patrol exp might be a little much.

---

Edited by kelika2
---
  • Like 1

I don't know if I missed it being changed in a previous patch but while storm and more pseudo pet behavior and scalars are being investigated, Lightning Storm is/was more or less the same values across ATs as well.

• Epic > Dark Mastery > Soul Consumption (All versions): This power has changed from +Heal and +End over time to Regen/Recovery. Foe debuffs have been changed from Damage and -End overtime to -Regen/-Recovery over time.

i mean, it looked quite a weak power in the first iteration.. was it necessary to make it even weaker?

these homeopathic mastery powers are a bit disappointing and there doesn’t appear to be any pattern or direction. for example, if survival aspects were nerfed across the board but a key attack power within each mastery was championed and made stronger i would get it

the current changes seem to be a blanket nerf across the board and introduction of some very forgettable powers

is there an intended move away and de-prioritisation of mastery powers? some context would be insightful

• Like 3

• Exploration Badges

• Now grant 1 bar of Patrol XP (instead of a scaling amount of XP based on your level
    •  

Please no, don't do this. I and other people I've met in game use the XP from badges to get that last bit of XP to level up sometimes. and Giving XP can be an incentive to collect badges for some people. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 8:41 PM, kelika2 said:
  • Exploration Badges

Is this per accolade or per badge?

---

Is there a level limit on this?  because 50s with a few hundred bars of patrol exp might be a little much.

---

Patrol XP is limited to ten bars.   If you have it capped, nothing gets gained.

In some ways, this is will increase XP more so than a straight reward, though if you want to be the most efficient, you'll want to limit the number of badges at a time.   So, not sure how I feel about that.  It's not bad and if it had always been this way, I wouldn't think about it.

• Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 1st, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 3
  • Jimmy unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jimmy locked this topic