Emergency Maintenance and Aftermath (2/12/24)

Widower

• City Council

Hi all,

Around 1:00 PM EST (6:00 PM UTC) on 2/12/24 we became aware of some issues with one of the database servers and had to take it down for emergency maintenance. We have resolved the immediate problem, and do not anticipate any further issues. However you may experience short-term rollbacks (roughly 4-5 hours) on characters on Torchbearer or Indomitable, as well as missing/duplicated items in your email or on the AH from the preceding 24 hours. If you do notice anything missing, please submit a ticket through the support portal and mark it as "Lost Item and Influence Claim." Moreover, characters that tried to transfer to those shards this morning may also be stuck in transit; submit a ticket and a GM will get your character back as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience! We will have further details available as soon as we can.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Finland 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

I can't check now, but what do these rollbacks enatil?  I played a couple hours on Indom before this went down, does this mean I have to take my Defender through the Talons and Monsters in Cimerora again?

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 hours ago, Widower said:

However you may experience short-term rollbacks (roughly 4-5 hours) on characters on Torchbearer or Indomitable

I wish I had the artistic talent to draw a representation of my character being pulled back into praetoria kicking and screaming

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Widower said:

Thank you for your patience! We will have further details available as soon as we can.

I guess the real question is should be avoid using the market and email on Torchbearer and Indomitable until we hear back about this issue? 

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I have an opposite experience. After the forced shutdown, I found 5 duplicate IOs in my AH Stored window. these were the 5 IOs that I removed from the AH Stored space right before the emergency maintenance. I suppose I'll just leave them there until the Devs resolve them.

47 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:
4 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Along with all my billions of influence.

and my FIFTEEN complete purple sets!

I assume you both mean per character

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

57 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I assume you both mean per character

Per character across all my 24 accounts

• Haha 3

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

So I logged on my fire/ninja this mornin to move some enhancements over to my bank and a huge surprise awaited me. Yesterday before the maintenance I ran an Aeon sf with 2 of my friends. This mornin the toon is missing multiple powers from my primary, secondary, pool powers and all of my epics! Not a happy camper right now. I took these on my phone because i don't know how to do a screen shot while in the enhancement screen.

@Etched

20240213_080329.thumb.jpg.af69f1f07c63c9a068b01e7e917a3866.jpg20240213_080337.thumb.jpg.cf623bc2bf1927c355883e713440d934.jpg

• Microphone 1

13 minutes ago, Etched said:

So I logged on my fire/ninja this mornin to move some enhancements over to my bank and a huge surprise awaited me. Yesterday before the maintenance I ran an Aeon sf with 2 of my friends. This mornin the toon is missing multiple powers from my primary, secondary, pool powers and all of my epics! Not a happy camper right now. I took these on my phone because i don't know how to do a screen shot while in the enhancement screen.

@Etched

20240213_080329.thumb.jpg.af69f1f07c63c9a068b01e7e917a3866.jpg20240213_080337.thumb.jpg.cf623bc2bf1927c355883e713440d934.jpg

Sadly, you're not the only one as others were hit by that as well.  Submit a ticket here.

18 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Sadly, you're not the only one as others were hit by that as well.  Submit a ticket here.

I already posted a ticket while I was logged in. Really hope those like myself that was affected by this get back to norm quickly. 

@Etched

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
13 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I can't check now, but what do these rollbacks enatil?  I played a couple hours on Indom before this went down, does this mean I have to take my Defender through the Talons and Monsters in Cimerora again?

Potentially; some characters may have saved to the database, but as you can see, some have not.

8 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I guess the real question is should be avoid using the market and email on Torchbearer and Indomitable until we hear back about this issue? 

No, the problem should be fixed. Also, auctionserver and chatserver are global services and operate across all five shards; they just happen to live on the same SQL host as Torchbearer and Indomitable. 

1 minute ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

Wait, so, the servers are STILL down because of this? The 'Aftermath' bit kind of implied that it was already over. I wanted to log in to check if any of my characters were missing anything, but...

Nope, just regular Tuesday maintenance.

• Thanks 3
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

• Widower changed the title to Emergency Maintenance and Aftermath (2/12/24)
3 hours ago, Etched said:

So I logged on my fire/ninja this mornin to move some enhancements over to my bank and a huge surprise awaited me. Yesterday before the maintenance I ran an Aeon sf with 2 of my friends. This mornin the toon is missing multiple powers from my primary, secondary, pool powers and all of my epics! Not a happy camper right now.

Ouch!  Not a dev, but that sounds like your toon's last save was mangled.  Be sure you put in a Support ticket ASAP reporting that so it can be resolved.

3 hours ago, Etched said:

I took these on my phone because i don't know how to do a screen shot while in the enhancement screen.

It's a bit of a pain, but here's how to do it on Windows (other OSs use similar steps):

1. Have a graphics program like Irfanview 64 running with no image (in Irfanview, press the D key to delete anything present).
  2. Alt-Tab to display the City client showing your Enhancement screen.  Scroll to the top on the right pane to show all the powers at top of that long listing.
  3. Type Alt+PrtScr to get a screencapture of the active window.
  4. Alt-Tab to display the graphics program.
  5. Type Ctrl+V to paste the screencapture into the graphics program.
  6. In the graphics program, save the current screencapture to a new filename.
  7. Delete the current image to be ready for the next screencapture (in Irfanview, press the D key to delete anything present).
  8. If still have powers in the right pane to screencapture
    • Alt-Tab back to the City client.
    • Scroll down the right pane to display the next set of powers
    • Then go back and do again steps #3 to #8
      • Remembering to save the next screencapture to a new file name.
      • Likely with "1", "2", etc,. in the filename for each successive screenshot.
  9. If all the screencaptures are complete, you're done.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I wish I had the artistic talent to draw a representation of my character being pulled back into praetoria kicking and screaming

That would be golden.

• Moose 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

4 hours ago, Etched said:

I took these on my phone because i don't know how to do a screen shot while in the enhancement screen.

Under Windows, Snipping Tool will work in CoX if you have it activated and enabled (Ctrl-Win-S). That can be more efficient than full screenshots at gaming resolution...

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com