Dear Farma

durm77

I just wanted to take some time and thank the kind souls who reach a helping hand down to lowbies and let them sit in on their fire farms.  I wanted to change the lyrics of 2pac's 'Dear Mama' to something more befitting my gratitude to these kind people, but I don't have the talent.  Still, I hope to communicate the same sentiment.  These kind men and women see lowbies in need of xp, money, advice, or all three and offer them a leg up in this cruel world of mediocre xp radio missions, abusive open-world mobs, and short AFK timers.

Just mostly replace 'Dear Mama' in this song with 'Dear Farma'.  Some places it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever...just roll with it.

Edited by durm77
  • Confused 1

Gentle reminder that you don't need to farm to play this game and end up both rich, at level 50, and uber-slotted. 

Seriously, you don't, go have fun instead!

Also: not sure if serious...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I do all three. I farm, lead farms and sometimes just play the game as it was, before the introduction of AE. THere ae times I wish AE as implemented differently because how it has changed the game. Then there iare times I just dont care.

THe only thing that I care about is having fun and people being kind and gracious. Nothing burns my bippie more than taking people on farms and they complain or comment its not fast enough or the exp isnt good enough. Instant kick and /ignore

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

image.png.0794216cf35e4c1097d898551a845666.png This advertorial paid for by big farma. Because farming needs justification. 😛

seriously, first and only post? lol, play how you want, i guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

My advice?  Don't take anyone's advice.  These forums are filled with goons who would see you waste your time killing cranium rats for every fucking character, because they erroneously believe your time is as worthless as theirs and can't fathom why someone would want to skip the tedium that somehow still amuses them after 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

6 minutes ago, roleki said:

My advice?  Don't take anyone's advice.  These forums are filled with goons who would see you waste your time killing cranium rats for every fucking character, because they erroneously believe your time is as worthless as theirs and can't fathom why someone would want to skip the tedium that somehow still amuses them after 20 years.

image.png.c2a5fe087b1d36559ed873c9d612c6c5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, roleki said:

cranium rats

i wish we had these.. foot stomp for the win!

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

13 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Also: not sure if serious...

Same. It's...weird.

Also find it weird that anyone could consider farming less tedious that actually playing the content, but I had college roommates who got uber-stoned and watched multiple MASH episodes in a row with the sound turned off, so...you can never tell about these things.:-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

If these gentle reminders don't stop, I'ma have to stop this car and come back there!

Funny how merely saying "you don't have to farm to play this game" gets some people really upset.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

And now I can only look at the word "farma" and put it into Snow's song "Informer".

Infarma, you no say Hashby me AE me I'll go doorsit
A licky Boom Boom Town.

• Haha 4

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

12 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Gentle Reminder - please don't turn this into another farming is PURE EVIL! vs farming is fun debate.

Now, now - two things can be true at once.:-)

Or the former can be the reason for the latter! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

(No dog in the fight here, actually - I really just wanted to share the story about my pothead roomies)

Edited by cranebump
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

And now I can only look at the word "farma" and put it into Snow's song "Informer".

Infarma, you no say Hashby me AE me I'll go doorsit
A licky Boom Boom Town.

Ain't no Farma like the one I got.

Oh, no they don't come BEH-tah...!

6 hours ago, roleki said:

If this isn't facts. Then proceed to look at you crazy because you don't want to waste hours and weeks of your life farming the same braindead shit from 20 yrs ago.

Edited by Seed22
  • Microphone 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

<Slows down and rolls down the windows to the Malibu then rolls them up and speeds away>

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I'm lost by now. Are people in favour of fire farms or playing the game? Because I swear it looks like the argument fits both camps when presented like that.

😄